Amtrak proposes ARC replacement project

Kamen Rider

I'm all in favor of this, but like the White House's new $53B high-speed rail proposal: are these people totally clueless? After a backlash against high government spending and the loss of the House, eliminating a required source of support for big rail projects, and with Chris Christie pretty hostile to the ARC, they propose this? I'd give it about a 1% chance of making it.

I'm all in favor of this, but like the White House's new $53B high-speed rail proposal: are these people totally clueless? After a backlash against high government spending and the loss of the House, eliminating a required source of support for big rail projects, and with Chris Christie pretty hostile to the ARC, they propose this? I'd give it about a 1% chance of making it.

Christie was thrilled with this proposal and Republicans in the House and Senate say they will pump more $$$ towards HSR in the NE.

Well, hopefully Amtrak's $50 million planning process can be somewhat expedited by the fact that NJT did a good portion of the work already. All the same costly engineering obstacles exist, and whomever politicians are on board for this right now... hopefully the next batch of suits don't change their mind and we have this project mimic ARC's fate. At least it's clear the higher-ups know something needs to be done.

Archived