Express Deadhead

TransitStop

must you be an egotistical jerk about everything?

I've been waiting for it. I just say what i see and it is obviously that you are years behind us in public transportation. Experts say that too. Why shall i lie to be polite so that you feel good? That is nothing personal, learn that people!

It's not the end of the world, that NA infrastructure sucks, your task is be good in all that computer stuff.

But can you tell me, why shall i write that stoplines in buses are modern and LCD screens old?

I've been waiting for it. I just say what i see and it is obviously that you are years behind us in public transportation. Experts say that too. Why shall i lie to be polite so that you feel good? That is nothing personal, learn that people!

It's not the end of the world, that NA infrastructure sucks, your task is be good in all that computer stuff.

But can you tell me, why shall i write that stoplines in buses are modern and LCD screens old?

Wow. your just trashing us whenever u can, we use pull cords because they are usefull you think someone sitting down away from a button is gonna reach around someones face to push a button? no. they will lift their arm and PULL.

Also OC Transpo 8238 you are absolutely correct working on a orion V is a beautiful thing, those engines are workhorses. anyways im going to montreal for the weekend to ride some 1991 MCI Classics!

STCUM%2014-029.jpg

also lets just stop this before an admin locks it for arguing. Citaro you have more fancier looking buses, thats it. North America has buses meant for NA, a european bus could not handle some roads here.

That you use so many old buses doesn't mean automatically that just your buses run so long, that just means that you have too less new buses.

Our buses from the 70's are still so modern and reliable, that they are still used in a first world desert heat country like Australia. The evidence: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/MBO305-307-Transperth.JPG

If Daimler would be an american company, the buses from the 90's would be still in service. That is what you have now, buses from the 90's. Notice that we use stop buttons since the 80's and low-floor buses since the 90's. In my city not a single non-low-floor bus is still in service for more than 5 years.

Trust me, you are at least 10 years behind us in public transport.

"Old" buses aren't a common sight in most cities anymore, OC Transpo our oldest are 1997's (20 Orion V, 20 Nova LFS) the V's are due for replacement and are going to scrap, same with our 1998 Orion V's. Then we have 1999 Orion VI's which run fine. Those buses are 14, 13, 12 years old respectivly. There was only 265 buses in all those series when they were all in service. Most from the 97/98 series have gone. If you want to play the "new" game, then lets. OC Transpo has purchased 630 new buses since 2006 (4439-4526, 5001-5177, 1201-1203, 6351-6709). Plenty of new buses around here.

Our 1970's buses are still used daily by some cities- why? Not because of lack of funding- but because THEY are reliable buses- Silversides.

Stop buttons? We've used those for decades too, no big deal.

Low Floor buses? Orion II, 1984. NFI D40LF- 1988. 1984 & 1988 were not the 1990's, LF has been around NA for a while.

Your on a NA fourm, but obviously don't know much about our transit history or how things work. Might be time to read up...

We love our buses, so we keep them! :o:(

The GM New-Looks were built to last for a very, very, very loooonnnngggg time!!!!.... :cool:

We may be 10 years late, but atleast we're not going too fast with the new technologies... Everything can happen due to Mother Nature, here! :eek:

I think Citaro is mostly using it as an excuse to troll.

His mindset of how the world works is based around what he knows. he lives in a country the size of New Mexico. Canada and the US could each swallow the entire EU whole with room left over. We're spread out, taking up together around 7 million square miles.

We live in a different world almost. when was the last time there was a war fought here? A large part of Europe's ability to build modern infrasturce is that it's mostly only about 50-60 years old, with the war destroying mile upon mile of road and rail and just about everything else.

Europe is quite old when compared to the U.S. and the reason why their transit system and infrastructure is so advanced compared to ours is because they build to last and they invest in their transit systems and infrastructure. Go down any "via Garibaldi" in Italy and you'll see the quality of the roads compared to our pothole ridden streets.

Europe is quite old when compared to the U.S. and the reason why their transit system and infrastructure is so advanced compared to ours is because they build to last and they invest in their transit systems and infrastructure. Go down any "via Garibaldi" in Italy and you'll see the quality of the roads compared to our pothole ridden streets.

Thanks, i don't know why people here think that i attack them personally by saying the truth. But i see nothing is more painful than the truth.

when was the last time there was a war fought here? A large part of Europe's ability to build modern infrasturce is that it's mostly only about 50-60 years old, with the war destroying mile upon mile of road and rail and just about everything else.

And you think that we have never modernized our infrastructure since the 50's ???

You invest to less money on it, that is all and we spend a huge shitload of money. That is the reason why even the smallest town here replaces every ~10 years all of its buses, the money you spend on tax cuts for billionaires.

Orion V's are 12 year buses, not 20+.

true, but most of them could make it if they had too. Our oldest V's are 14-15 years old now.

How much buses you've sold around the world? 0! Daimler has sold 30.000 buses in 13 years around the world. These buses are the most reliable buses ever. I know it, i ride with these buses for more than 10 years, nearly every day. I've never seen a broken citaro, just a few old MAN buses and some with defects had burned in London and Berlin. If you don't like the orion buses from Daimler why you buy so much from it, if a city has enough money for it like NY? Half of the technology Orion uses in its new buses is from the citaro. You would have not a single modern bus in NA without Daimler, not a single low-floor or hybrid bus that is fact. Trust me your buses are shit.

Ok, we have some issues here. First of all GM Overseas Division sold New Looks and RTS' abroad. So that takes us up from zero. Second of all, Daimler is an international company who bought Orion. All of ours (CA/USA) are local. Third of all, our buses are not shitty at all. That butt ugly crap you all build in the EU is straight hideous garbage. And I have been on some of them, so I can form an opinion. Sure the Citaro is ok, but here is something else for you. Our buses are built to a different/ higher quality standard than yours. Case in point, The Citaro is proven right?? Well why is Daimler nearly 3 years behind schedule on producing the Orion VIII Articulated model which is supposed to be based off the Citaro? Because some parts need to be reinforced, and arranged differently for them to be allowed over here.

And I'm sorry, but your facts are wrong. New Flyer is the standard low-floor pioneer, and next year marks the 20th anniversary of the D40LF. There was no such thing as Daimler Buses North America then. Flyer is also a pioneer of innovation, and many of their buses look like EU buses from the interior.

I'm sorry, but not one bus made over there can hold a candle to the looks, and/or performance of a GMC New Look, an RTS, Orion V, or a New Flyer Xcelsior. The closest thing we have to those EU buses are the Nova's, which are very EUish in my opinion.

But the crowns go to the GMC New Look, and RTS. Hands down, both of those were American born and bread my friend! Not a single bus made to this day in ANY country has even rivaled the reputation, performance, or legend of those two masterpieces of American ingenuity.

true, but most of them could make it if they had too. Our oldest V's are 14-15 years old now.

Ok, we have some issues here. First of all GM Overseas Division sold New Looks and RTS' abroad. So that takes us up from zero. Second of all, Daimler is an international company who bought Orion. All of ours (CA/USA) are local. Third of all, our buses are not shitty at all. That butt ugly crap you all build in the EU is straight hideous garbage. And I have been on some of them, so I can form an opinion. Sure the Citaro is ok, but here is something else for you. Our buses are built to a different/ higher quality standard than yours. Case in point, The Citaro is proven right?? Well why is Daimler nearly 3 years behind schedule on producing the Orion VIII Articulated model which is supposed to be based off the Citaro? Because some parts need to be reinforced, and arranged differently for them to be allowed over here.

And I'm sorry, but your facts are wrong. New Flyer is the standard low-floor pioneer, and next year marks the 20th anniversary of the D40LF. There was no such thing as Daimler Buses North America then. Flyer is also a pioneer of innovation, and many of their buses look like EU buses from the interior.

I'm sorry, but not one bus made over there can hold a candle to the looks, and/or performance of a GMC New Look, an RTS, Orion V, or a New Flyer Xcelsior. The closest thing we have to those EU buses are the Nova's, which are very EUish in my opinion.

But the crowns go to the GMC New Look, and RTS. Hands down, both of those were American born and bread my friend! Not a single bus made to this day in ANY country has even rivaled the reputation, performance, or legend of those two masterpieces of American ingenuity.

Yeah yeah, MAYBE you are right and i was too superficial in this case, sorry man.

Archived