Service Alert: Rail condition at 7 Av-53 St

Luis1985

Posted: 02/14/2011 10:41AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a rail condition at the 7th Avenue Station:

There is no (:P train service the entire line in both directions between the 145th Street Station and the Brighton Beach Station.

Downtown (D) trains are running on the (A) line between the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station and the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station, then on the (F) line to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the (A)(D)(F) trains at this time.

Please allow additional travel time.

It seems to me that they need to put a switch before Broadway-Lafayette. There's a switch going uptown, but not downtown.

Seems like kind of a shame that once the (D) gets shafted to 8th Avenue, they can switch back at W 4th, but then they're stuck on the local tracks to the Culver Line.

The (:P is a part time line. The (MTA) usually suspends part time lines when the situation requires it. It was the same with the (V) and (W).

That and to avoid congestion: the (A) (:P(C)(D) and (E) all down 8th ave would cause havoc.

It seems to me that they need to put a switch before Broadway-Lafayette. There's a switch going uptown, but not downtown.

Seems like kind of a shame that once the (D) gets shafted to 8th Avenue, they can switch back at W 4th, but then they're stuck on the local tracks to the Culver Line.

Agreed. The IND in general doesn't have enough crossovers to provide for reroutes and emergencies.

That and to avoid congestion: the (A) (:P(C)(D) and (E) all down 8th ave would cause havoc.

Agreed. The IND in general doesn't have enough crossovers to provide for reroutes and emergencies.

Maybe terminate some at 2nd ave to avoid congestion.Im sure they used that terminal today.

IIRC they used to have numerous crossovers, but they were removed to save money.

But it has to get back from there too.

Via (F) to Broadway-Laf, then switch onto the express tracks after that.

Yet the (:P is suspended again today.

Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 02/16/2011 11:12AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to signal problems at the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station:

There is no (:) train service the entire line in both directions between the 145th Street Station and the Brighton Beach Station.

Downtown (D) trains are running local between the 145th Street Station and the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station.

Please expect delays in (D) train service at this time.

Allow for additional travel time.

Also (C) is express both directions 145th-Canal.

Yet the (:) is suspended again today.

Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 02/16/2011 11:12AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to signal problems at the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station:

There is no (:P train service the entire line in both directions between the 145th Street Station and the Brighton Beach Station.

Downtown (D) trains are running local between the 145th Street Station and the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station.

Please expect delays in (D) train service at this time.

Allow for additional travel time.

Also (C) is express both directions 145th-Canal.

Boy I was tempted to go up to Whole Foods today to grab lunch and such. I guess I'll be doing lunch in Grand Central indoors instead.... :P

yea lately the (:((D)'s have been getting screwed. 2 weekends ago i was on the (D) train running via the (F) line because of a water condition between Broadway-Lafayette St and Grand St, and a few days ago it was on the (F) line again due to a rail condition. two days ago both (:o(D)'s were running via the (F) line due to some smoke condition (i forgot where it was), then i saw the (:o running via the (R) and terminating at Whitehall, the (D) was local while some (D)'s were being sent down the (Q) line to Coney Island, it was a complete chaos.

Archived