Routes that aren't around that should be

Bus Guy

I think have the (F), and (G) run local on the Culver might speed up the trains that run per hour on the Culver Line, and reduce headways which would be a benefit, but then where would the (G) terminate. A <F> would also work too. Though Kings Highway would make a good terminus I thought of making Avenue X the station where the express tracks end an express station, and have trains terminate there. They would be close to the Coney Island Shops so trains can be based out of the yards quick.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think have the (F), and (G) run local on the Culver might speed up the trains that run per hour on the Culver Line, and reduce headways which would be a benefit, but then where would the (G) terminate.

Church Ave like it currently does.

My idea for express service on the Culver line would be like the (6) and <6> a peak direction service that runs during rush hours, which is what htey used to do if you look on the older maps from the 70s and early 80s

I do remember reading that a <F> would slow down service on the Culver Line, because they would have to make a specific train an express train, and a specific train a local train. Thus if you move the (G) down a bit more it could alleviate this type of pain, because you would have the same amount of train frequencies with express service.

Maybe one of my old ideas might work. Send the (E) down the Montague Street tunnel using the Nassau Street Line, and have it run local to Bay Parkway. That should help at least most people in getting close to Coney Island so they would transfer to the (D).

this could actually work if there was a tunnel or switch that would connect to the Montague St tunnel.

The original plan was to have the Second Av trunk tie into the Christine St Cut and access the BMT Southern and Eastern Divisions via the bridges.

ok but when i was reading the MTA's budget plan thingy, the only thing i saw about the 2 Av (T) was that it was only gonna be built from Hanover Sq to 125 st, and have the (Q) run with it from 72 St and up. after that, i didnt read anything else about sending the (T) into the southern part of bklyn.

why would you need the (E) in Coney Island anyway? Queens riders can just take the (F) instead and Manhattan riders can use the (A) and (C) to get the (F) at Jay St.

yea that i kno, but he was just imagining if an 8 Ave line was to be sent to coney island, how would it be done. and i figured the (E) since its the only line that has a southern terminal in Manhattan & because the (A)(C) already have southern terminals.

yea that i kno, but he was just imagining if an 8 Ave line was to be sent to coney island, how would it be done. and i figured the (E) since its the only line that has a southern terminal in Manhattan & because the (A)(C) already have southern terminals.

when the new World Trade Center is finished and back in business, that (E) terminal will have plenty of activity :(

ok but when i was reading the MTA's budget plan thingy, the only thing i saw about the 2 Av (T) was that it was only gonna be built from Hanover Sq to 125 st, and have the (Q) run with it from 72 St and up. after that, i didnt read anything else about sending the (T) into the southern part of bklyn.

I meant from the 50s-70s various plans and infact the christine st cut is well was planned to part of the second av line because grand st was built to be converted into 4 track station and some work north and south was done to line up with the route.

I meant from the 50s-70s various plans and infact the christine st cut is well was planned to part of the second av line because grand st was built to be converted into 4 track station and some work north and south was done to line up with the route.

oh ok. wow, i didnt even know that.

As I would do it:

Once the Culver Viaduct work is complete (in 2012-'13), the (F) would become an express train to Coney Island, while the (C) would join the (F) on the Culver line as a local with the (G) to Church Avenue (except overnights, when the (C) doesn't run). As part of this, the lower level of Bergen Street would be rehabbed completely and re-opened. This would give those along Park Slope looking for 8th Avenue a one-seat ride they currently don't have, while at the same time, those along Park Slope who lose the 6th Avenue local (as the (C) would be replacing the (F) on those stops) would be reminded they could switch to the (:(/(D)/(F)/(M) at Broadway-Lafayette or West 4th.

The (E) would replace the (C) as a 24/7 Fulton Street Local to Lefferts, eliminating the need for the overnight shuttle on the Lefferts Line. If the (E) has too many trains for Lefferts, half of them could (outside of overnights) terminate at Euclid. The (A) would have ALL trains go to/from Far Rockaway with the current rush hour service to/from Rockaway Park. While some along Lefferts would be upset about losing express service (or having to switch to the (A) for the express somewhere between Rockaway Blvd. and Euclid), if they have more overall service as a result, it might very well offset that somewhat. This is something that could wind up being necessary anyway once the new Racino opens up at Aqueduct later this year.

The (T) as I would do it would after Houston Street connect to the Nassau Street Line with the current Canal Street (J) station reconfigured back to its old setting of the (J) train on the "local" tracks at Canal Street and Bowery, while the (T) would use the "express" tracks at Canal Street before/after merging with the (J) before/after Canal Street and continuing via Montauge to Brooklyn, which would really help in taking traffic off the (4)/(5)/(N)/® trains between Atlantic-Pacific and in the case of the (4)/(5) to 125th Street.

The (E) can be extended between Chambers St and Kings Hwy via Culver Local, just in case the (MTA) wants to have the (F) via Culver Express and is too poor to bring back the (V).

There would be a conga line creating nightmare backup if you swicth an 8th Ave line or an vice versa (6th Ave)between Jay St and High/York Sts.

Why do people keep suggesting that? I am not endorsing it but the only location to switch 6/8th Ave lines trains without delays, is between Spring St/West 4th Sts.

Church Ave like it currently does.

My idea for express service on the Culver line would be like the (6) and <6> a peak direction service that runs during rush hours, which is what htey used to do if you look on the older maps from the 70s and early 80s

The only senseible and realistic idea on these boards i read so far.:tup:

Once again the Cranberry Street Tunnel can't handle the (A), (C), and (E) look back at what we are talking about before you start talking about things that would not happen, and guys forget about an Eighth Avenue service going to Coney Island there is something called transferring. Before long you guys would be suggesting that the Broadway, and Sixth Avenue lines should have one seat rides to the Rockaways. There is something call transferring. It isn't hard to give up your seats.

I do remember reading that a <F> would slow down service on the Culver Line, because they would have to make a specific train an express train, and a specific train a local train. Thus if you move the (G) down a bit more it could alleviate this type of pain, because you would have the same amount of train frequencies with express service.

I'm not sure what the problem is. One train could be local, the next express, and one after the other every time it terminates.

However, if that wouldn't work, I'd suggest making the <F> run express from Church Av to York St. (making stops at 4av-9st and smith-9th St, (G) being local)

I'm not sure what the problem is. One train could be local, the next express, and one after the other every time it terminates.

However, if that wouldn't work, I'd suggest making the <F> run express from Church Av to York St. (making stops at 4av-9st and smith-9th St, (G) being local)

4th Ave/9th St can't be an express stop. Station is designed as a local stop.

7th Ave however is.

It's amazing how many formers are there on this site sometimes. Next time it would be nice(not meant to be rude)unless it's a 'fantasy' suggestion, some guys aka I am talking this at mainly a few of the teen members on the boards, looks at the track set up before they make proposals.:confused:

Isn't there a track switch between 4th Av? Or did I get smething wrong...

There's switches at 4 Av and the next ones aren't until the Bergen interlocking

I know about that...I was there and I was one of the people to give the idea of it

My idea works like this. You would have Avenue X rebuilt as an express station, and you would have the (G) extended to Avenue X to increase the TPH on the Culver Line. Then you speed up service on the Culver Line with a <F>, and this service would run express between Bergen Street, and Church Avenue. At Church Avenue the service becomes peak directional. Thus now you increased the amount of trains running on the Culver Line, and you increase the speed of service with express service. Which would equal less complaints from the Culver Line.

People haven't talked much about the (9) (Mx) (V) and (W) while most of these were cut because of budget cuts, I do believe they were handy.

the (9) made it faster to get through upper Manhattan, however the skip stopping started to not make sense after a while.

the (Mx) and (W) were good because they took the pressure of the (R) during the week and gave Broadway and 4th Ave more local service.

the (V) was a good local route.

Archived