MTA: Long Island Bus faces deepest cuts

Amtrak7

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
N20 needs to just stop with the games and travel the full route!!!!! The Q12 should only go to great neck during rush hour. To replace the wasteful N20 short trips no one really uses the ones that end at great neck big waste its like deadheading!!!!! outside of rush hour no one will use Q12 beyond queens!!!! those Q12 at great neck should become LTD trips during rush hr like merging N26 with Q43 LTD!!!!!

Actually the clock tower is a 10 to 15 min walk to the train station where N27 is.

Yes yes yes, the N20 should stop playing games and take the full route. I don't know about the Q12 going to Great Neck though, seems unlikely and besides, the N20/21 takes the same route, comes during rush hour, and goes farther than the Q12. So why would they extend the Q12?

Because rather than pay for the costs of running from Flushing to Great Neck, they only have to pay for the additional costs of extending some buses from Little Neck to Great Neck.

Indeed. Plus, they could have the Q12 extended to Great Neck in rush hour and have the N20 run all day to that clock tower-thing.

So basically, let the Q12 take over the N20 short trips and have the N20 run the full route.

Hold on. Before, you said that that wouldn't work because Great Neck riders wouldn't want to board a bus that makes all stops in Queens.

In any case, I always thought that this idea would work.

It wouldnt work OUTSIDE OF RUSH HOUR!!!! But during rush hour Q12 runs at a slightly higher speed on some trips though. The N20 great neck trips that ended in great neck from my observations WERE EMPTY!!!!!

The only reason why Q12 can go at rush hr cause from there it can interline and replace N26 then become Q43 LTD on return!!!!!

You mean down Main street, right, to the Roslyn Rail? It is hilly though. Those N20 short trips should at least go to Roslyn Rail, many actually turn there.

My proposal corrects this all trips will travel the full rte but some of the roslyn trips will travel via roslyn LIRR and LIE to hicksville before turning to N80 then returning to garage as N55/54. other trips can go via one of the colleges to hicksville while more service to colleges gets added from N35 extention!!!!

It wouldnt work OUTSIDE OF RUSH HOUR!!!! But during rush hour Q12 runs at a slightly higher speed on some trips though. The N20 great neck trips that ended in great neck from my observations WERE EMPTY!!!!!

The only reason why Q12 can go at rush hr cause from there it can interline and replace N26 then become Q43 LTD on return!!!!!

You could make a Q12 limited that goes to Great Neck, and use it to replace all of the N20 Great Neck short-turns.

My proposal corrects this all trips will travel the full rte but some of the roslyn trips will travel via roslyn LIRR and LIE to hicksville before turning to N80 then returning to garage as N55/54. other trips can go via one of the colleges to hicksville while more service to colleges gets added from N35 extention!!!!

Actually, that isn't a bad idea. Then, N35 riders would be able to transfer to the N20 to go to places in northern Long Island.

One question: Do the buses travel fast down Cedar Swamp Road, or not? It looks like it is pretty empty in that area, so I would assume the buses travel pretty fast.

You could make a Q12 limited that goes to Great Neck, and use it to replace all of the N20 Great Neck short-turns.

Actually, that isn't a bad idea. Then, N35 riders would be able to transfer to the N20 to go to places in northern Long Island.

One question: Do the buses travel fast down Cedar Swamp Road, or not? It looks like it is pretty empty in that area, so I would assume the buses travel pretty fast.

The buses actually get VERY FULL with students and facilty while heading towards hicksville. the buses travel faster than cars on cedar swamp road however. But the buses are full to half full but never empty like several short runs.

actually the N35 will serve northern long island not N20 cause N20 heads to hicksville. N35 can head to cold spring harbor or the country clubs

• 7 months later...

:mad:i think it a shame what ED mangano nassau county ex is doing he putting peoples lifes in danger i work for lib and im scared this new company wants to make money fares go up how do people get tp work wake up mangano we should trade spots after all you said we dont deserve 26.90 and you dont deserve to be in office take my job one day you will cry to mama

:mad:i think it a shame what ED mangano nassau county ex is doing he putting peoples lifes in danger i work for lib and im scared this new company wants to make money fares go up how do people get tp work wake up mangano we should trade spots after all you said we dont deserve 26.90 and you dont deserve to be in office take my job one day you will cry to mama

If this company is to make money then they will HAVE to rely on attracting new riders ASAP. Cause a measly 100,000 riders will NOT be enough to sustain a bus system with this level of funding. let alone be profitable. I think the only way to profit is to rearrange routes to cater more to middle class even if it means sacrificing some of the current riders and making em transfer

Are you a driver? What route do you drive?

Archived