Train operator 8561 Cert

Messino

I don't believe train operaters that are demoted can't go back to conductors or are terminated. I've worked with plenty of them that have been demoted to cleaners or station agents as well. I guess it just depends on the seriousness of your infraction.

Some demoted T/O's go back to C/R or their former title pending on what they did. Most Medical demotions go to cleaner from T/O and C/R titles.

Anybody here take the condcutor exam in addition to the T/O exam? If your called for C/R first, what are you going to do? Take it and then take the next T/O promotional exam, or turn it down and take T/O?

I took both test. But if I actually get called to C/R first I would take the job. At least I would get the experience of working in the subway system first then I would take the next promotional T/O test down the road.

• 3 months later...
In short, 1 out of 3 get usually hired. For every one hired, two usually are dismissed, for several reasons. Sick record, lying on application, don't have proper documents and can't obtain them, etc. It applies to O/C and promotionals, but with different reasons one might be passed over of course. Sick record usually hurt those on the promo. Lying on the application, or not having proper documents, or credentials, usually hurt those on the O/C. This is for off the street O/C, not O/C persons, who already work for TA, but have to take tests on the O/C, cause their TA title or TA position, disqualifies them from taking an exam on the promotional. They are hired off the top of the O/C list, but their sick record at TA usually does them in..........

Do you know what reasons besides lying on the app or not having docs, that they would apply the 1 in 3 rule to OC people? I have all my info in order and I dont have anything to hide on my application so I dont know what else there could be.

Do you know what reasons besides lying on the app or not having docs, that they would apply the 1 in 3 rule to OC people? I have all my info in order and I dont have anything to hide on my application so I dont know what else there could be.

The 1 in 3 rule would only be applied to OC people for serious crimes basically (and it would probably have to be known since at the point of calling people, no paperwork has been filled out). Civil service law does not allow them to skip people for no reason.

Sick time is the leading reason to apply the 1 in 3 rule to promotions. Some have gotten around this because if 3 people on the sick control list happen to be in order on the eligible list, the one with the best sick record will get the promotion even though the record is not "good." So the pendulum swings both ways.

All the law says is that the MTA cannot reject 3 consecutive willing applicants on the list. It must take at least 1. However, a legitimate reason must be provided for rejecting anyone, promotional or O/C.

A legitimate reason does not have to be given according to the 1 in 3 rule

You can simply be considered but not selected . I know first Hand because that happened to me I was not selected but considered but I ended up getting called back a second time

And I was selected.

The 1 in 3 rule is that they can not, not hire three people in a row. For instance from a promotional perspective, if they have three straight people who would be knocked down for what ever reason (sick abuse, dan), they would have to take one of this three. People with questionable records have been promoted this way. I'm not saying that these people were bad at the job they were promoted to, just that they were lucky as hell!

Archived