The Next NYC Subway

East New York

This comes to show you that without the Court St stub connected to the Broadway or 2nd Av Lines, Utica Ave Subway is just be a shuttle from Fulton St down Utica..... cause the Utica, Fulton Local, Lefferts and Rockaways trains isn't all gonna fit in the Cranberry Tunnel. Correct me if I'm wrong!! It'll be wise for the new East River tunnel for the "LIRR to WTC" to include a subway tunnel.

No, I agree. The Cranberry tunnel cannot handle the current (A)(C) and future utica Av lines running thru it. Court St would be needed to turn trains back and yes it should be connected via a new river tunnel to Manhattan.

If they were to send the LIRR to Lower Manhattan, what becomes of the current station? short turns or just abandoned?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I agree. The Cranberry tunnel cannot handle the current (A)(C) and future utica Av lines running thru it. Court St would be needed to turn trains back and yes it should be connected via a new river tunnel to Manhattan.

If they were to send the LIRR to Lower Manhattan, what becomes of the current station? short turns or just abandoned?

What do you mean??

Archived