I've got two appointments for the TA on the SAME DAY!!!

Will-Bx-718

Wassup guys I'am scheduled for reinstatement for my S/A job on FEB.25th, but I just received a letter for Promotion to C/R on the same day. Now my question is how to do I report for two appointments on the same day? ,and also it's showing a salary grade of $18.9250. If I'm being promoted why would the pay be less?. Can anyone in RTO that has been promoted from other titles explain this to me?. Also I would like to know is if I take the C/R job without being first reinstated as a S/A will I have the option to go back to my former title?.

Wassup guys I'am scheduled for reinstatement for my S/A job on FEB.25th, but I just received a letter for Promotion to C/R on the same day. Now my question is how to do I report for two appointments on the same day? ,and also it's showing a salary grade of $18.9250. If I'm being promoted why would the pay be less?. Can anyone in RTO that has been promoted from other titles explain this to me?. Also I would like to know is if I take the C/R job without being first reinstated as a S/A will I have the option to go back to my former title?.

Looks like everything I predict about Transit comes true. Remember I said a while ago, they were going to screw around wih the layoffs and promotional lists to not have to give pay raises? The salary grade they are giving you sounds like new conductor pay probably because you are still laid off and have not ben reinstated yet. From what you said about the new cleaner/new employee probation offer they were giving before, I would assume you are going to be considered a new conductor off the street since you have not been reinstated yet with no opton of going back to S/A.

This is apparently Transit's loophole to everything. If you go back to your reinstated title, you get your regular top pay with seniority, but if you take the "promotion" you have no protection nor top pay. Everything I see says to me if you take C/R you will be a new employee at bottom pay with no title to go back to. They got you by the balls. Either you take the pay you're used to, or start over and risk losing everything. Sounds like they're also keeping you from being vested if you take conductor if you are a new employee then they take all that money back they put in your pension.

It sounds like they scheduled both on the same day on purpose so either one you pick they win.

Looks like everything I predict about Transit comes true. Remember I said a while ago, they were going to screw around wih the layoffs and promotional lists to not have to give pay raises? The salary grade they are giving you sounds like new conductor pay probably because you are still laid off and have not ben reinstated yet. From what you said about the new cleaner/new employee probation offer they were giving before, I would assume you are going to be considered a new conductor off the street since you have not been reinstated yet with no opton of going back to S/A.

This is apparently Transit's loophole to everything. If you go back to your reinstated title, you get your regular top pay with seniority, but if you take the "promotion" you have no protection nor top pay. Everything I see says to me if you take C/R you will be a new employee at bottom pay with no title to go back to. They got you by the balls. Either you take the pay you're used to, or start over and risk losing everything. Sounds like they're also keeping you from being vested if you take conductor if you are a new employee then they take all that money back they put in your pension.

It sounds like they scheduled both on the same day on purpose so either one you pick they win.

Yeah it sounds as if they are screwing with me a little bit, but I remember before I got laid off a cleaner was going for the promo as well and his letter had the exact dollar amount as mines. And he had like 10 years down. I will just get clarification from them on friday and from the union tomorrow. But if anyone else has any answers I would appreciate all your help.

Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing. By the way, can I have back the 3 minutes I just wasted reading your MTA conspriacy theory above?

My response to him was clearly in relation to what he was asking and directed at hm, and clearly not you. Get out of your bubble and get a life. If he had said he was choking the first thing you would probably say is "so, does that mean you arn't going to finish that and I can have it?" Or "I got dibs on your liver if you die" You're a bottom feeder. The guy is asking a serious question about his future and you're there asking him a question that does not pertain to him and just to you. Can you be any more rude and self centered?

Yeah it sounds as if they are screwing with me a little bit, but I remember before I got laid off a cleaner was going for the promo as well and his letter had the exact dollar amount as mines. And he had like 10 years down. I will just get clarification from them on friday and from the union tomorrow. But if anyone else has any answers I would appreciate all your help.

It just doesn't make sense it would be that low unless they put bottom pay for all promotions until you are out on the road. Knowing transit, you have to sleep with one eye open though. They had to have known you had to be scheduled for reinstatement first. That's some serious miscommunication between departments if they didn't. Then again, it is Transit. What I was told a few months ago was for a laid off S/A to get promoted to C/R they had to be reinstated to S/A first. This was the person who calls you up for school car. It seems too fishy they're for the same day. Something it up.

It just doesn't make sense it would be that low unless they put bottom pay for all promotions until you are out on the road. Knowing transit, you have to sleep with one eye open though. They had to have known you had to be scheduled for reinstatement first. That's some serious miscommunication between departments if they didn't. Then again, it is Transit. What I was told a few months ago was for a laid off S/A to get promoted to C/R they had to be reinstated to S/A first. This was the person who calls you up for school car. It seems too fishy they're for the same day. Something it up.

What I think may happen is I will be reinstated first and then they will call me for the promotion about a month or so later. I should be back to work by late March early April. I heard from a superintendent that they are having refresher courses with 20 people each a week. The first class started on Jan.24th but only contained 10 people. But if that $18.92 salary is correct the hell with that shit, me and my girlfriend are trying to make plans and starting over in pay was not one of them. Last time I made $18 and change was in 2007. If that is the case I will just take another C/R promo exam in the next couple of years. I can't go from making 60K+ a year to around 40K.

Will my promo letter for conductor had the same rate 18.xx. That is a mistake, they will give u your top pay. You probably won't be hired for conductor right away. U might work the station agent for a month and then get called for conductor. I will write more later. Contact the phone number on the sheet. Good luck

What I think may happen is I will be reinstated first and then they will call me for the promotion about a month or so later. I should be back to work by late March early April. I heard from a superintendent that they are having refresher courses with 20 people each a week. The first class started on Jan.24th but only contained 10 people. But if that $18.92 salary is correct the hell with that shit, me and my girlfriend are trying to make plans and starting over in pay was not one of them. Last time I made $18 and change was in 2007. If that is the case I will just take another C/R promo exam in the next couple of years. I can't go from making 60K+ a year to around 40K.

That would be a big decline in pay. The thing with all this that I don't have an answer for and would like one is that once they pass you on the list, can they come back to you in your unique situation? There is a conductor class coming up in March, so if you aren't in it by your full reinstatement, can you be in the next class in April, even though by then, they will be past your list number? Call the number I just PM'd you with and if she is still there now ask her about it. If she left for the day, call her tomorrow.

Will my promo letter for conductor had the same rate 18.xx. That is a mistake, they will give u your top pay. You probably won't be hired for conductor right away. U might work the station agent for a month and then get called for conductor. I will write more later. Contact the phone number on the sheet. Good luck

That's exactly what I thought would happen. I know promos don't happen over night. My class mate just got a call from 180 to come down tomorrow @ 10am for the swear in. it took them about a month to get back to her so I can be looking @ that same time frame as her. And VEE thanx for the clarification. I also said in a previous post that I remember a CTA showing me his letter with that exact dollar amount on it as well.

That would be a big decline in pay. The thing with all this that I don't have an answer for and would like one is that once they pass you on the list, can they come back to you in your unique situation? There is a conductor class coming up in March, so if you aren't in it by your full reinstatement, can you be in the next class in April, even though by then, they will be past your list number? Call the number I just PM'd you with and if she is still there now ask her about it. If she left for the day, call her tomorrow.

Thanx, for the number I'll call tomorrow. And I should be back by late march or early april so I doubt I'll make the march class. But @ the rate they are reinstating people it's just a matter of weeks now. My classmate was #103 on the preferred list and I'am 114, she informed me that our classmates up to #107 was called down when she was. So everyone else #107-115 in my class should be called, and the remainder of the list to #125 should be called down as well.

Thanx, for the number I'll call tomorrow. And I should be back by late march or early april so I doubt I'll make the march class. But @ the rate they are reinstating people it's just a matter of weeks now. My classmate was #103 on the preferred list and I'am 114, she informed me that our classmates up to #107 was called down when she was. So everyone else #107-115 in my class should be called, and the remainder of the list to #125 should be called down as well.

Until you are actually in, assume nothing when dealing with the MTA.

things are turning around for you. I wonder how they will work it. Keep us updated.

Yeah I'll let you guys know on Friday when I get back from 180. Indeed they are, and I don't want none of you guys forgetting the sacrifice we all took for y'all to keep your benefits and raises.

Well I got some clarification from Ms.Shivers over the phone today, well sort of. She informed me of the next two C/R classes scheduled for March 14th and April 25th. I asked her if I took the C/R promo w/o being first reinstated if I wanted to come back to my former title or if I was demoted for some reason could I be a S/A again. She wasn't too sure about the answers to that question. So she suggested I get reinstated first and once I'm back in, contact her to schedule my appointment for C/R to take the medical and lab tests.

Well I got some clarification from Ms.Shivers over the phone today, well sort of. She informed me of the next two C/R classes scheduled for March 14th and April 25th. I asked her if I took the C/R promo w/o being first reinstated if I wanted to come back to my former title or if I was demoted for some reason could I be a S/A again. She wasn't too sure about the answers to that question. So she suggested I get reinstated first and once I'm back in, contact her to schedule my appointment for C/R to take the medical and lab tests.

Sort of is the best way to call that clarification from her. Most of the time at Transit, no one can ever give a straight answer, because they probably don't have one since Transit leaves everyone in the dark. Plus, it's not like they've done layoffs on a regular basis. It sounds as if they are figuring crap out as they go along. The March 14th class is 40 people, so they will definitely pass your list number by the time you're reinstated.

Sort of is the best way to call that clarification from her. Most of the time at Transit, no one can ever give a straight answer, because they probably don't have one since Transit leaves everyone in the dark. Plus, it's not like they've done layoffs on a regular basis. It sounds as if they are figuring crap out as they go along. The March 14th class is 40 people, so they will definitely pass your list number by the time you're reinstated.

Yeah I kinda got that vibe from her as well. Since they've never done lay offs they never had to deal with a situation like mines or anyone else with a similar situation. But either way if I'am reinstated by march I should make it just in time for the April class. It was funny when I called her she had my name like right in front of her for evaluation. Had the C/R promo letter come say two weeks ago I would have been all over it and never gave the S/A reinstatement any thought. But in this unique of a situation I would rather be safe than sorry.

Do you have the number to Ms Shiver or HR? How can someone clarify whether its the failure from the urine test or due to their prior records that they were turned down? I know MTA has not called back some station agents for position as a cleaner after they were called in for the urine test.

Archived