Official Surface Transit Trivia

East New York

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try to be more specific when posting questions, because the B83 is just one of many throughout all 5 boroughs.

what I mean by scratch, I mean a route that was not a streetcar line and never used by a private bus line.

• 2 weeks later...
I apologize! I should have explained. I understood exactly what u were talking about when u posted the answer. It was a really good question, but there are more than one right answer to it, so u have to be mindful of that. :cool:

Thank you because I was thinking of the Q88 from Queens Village.

NYCT has taken delivery of just under 3,000 Orion buses since 1994.

With the largest Orion fleet in the world, (MTA) has taken delivery of how many Orion VII's? (including 4700-4703), and not including demos.

Ok I take it nobody knows the answer. The TA has taken delivery of 2,038 Orion VII's.

Next question: If I enter code (C) 4070 into a destination sign, what route will be displayed?

Okay, I guess it would be MY turn, huh?

Now, the Q88 was debuted in 1974 when Queens Village Bus Depot first opened. However, the Q88 did not end at the Queens Village L.I.R.R. Station. So, here's the question...where did the Q88 FIRST terminate at?

BONUS QUESTION: Where did the Q88 terminate in Elmhurst? HINT: It's not where it terminates now! ;-)

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, I guess it would be MY turn, huh?

Now, the Q88 was debuted in 1974 when Queens Village Bus Depot first opened. However, the Q88 did not end at the Queens Village L.I.R.R. Station. So, here's the question...where did the Q88 FIRST terminate at?

BONUS QUESTION: Where did the Q88 terminate in Elmhurst? HINT: It's not where it terminates now! ;-)

Have fun!

Either I REALLY got you guys OR you guys don't look at (or collect or STUDY) old bus maps...and I'm not that older then much of the members on this board. UGH! No worries! Ok, I'll give you the answer and then somebody can start a NEW question.

The Q88 ended at Springfield Blvd and BRADDOCK Av (I'll confirm which year that was shown on the Queens Bus Map. Either 1980 OR 1985).

Also the answer to the BONUS question, the Q88 ended on 92nd St between 59th Av and the exit ramp of the L.I.E. Anotherwords, a block in front of where the Q88 ends at now. The first stop use to be at the corner of Queens Blvd and 59th Av...in front of what is now I think a McDonalds.

Ray

Also the answer to the BONUS question, the Q88 ended on 92nd St between 59th Av and the exit ramp of the L.I.E. Anotherwords, a block in front of where the Q88 ends at now. The first stop use to be at the corner of Queens Blvd and 59th Av...in front of what is now I think a McDonalds.

Ray

Heh, I remember that one. Horace Harding, (did they make a right on Junction? I don't remember clearly), left on 59th, left on 92nd, dump passengers. Before they made 59th one-way.

Heh, I remember that one. Horace Harding, (did they make a right on Junction? I don't remember clearly), left on 59th, left on 92nd, dump passengers. Before they made 59th one-way.

Yep! On today's Queens Bus Map...it still has that exact OLD routing for the Q88.

Archived