Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mercurygrandmarquis1

Bus # 2006

It was the test bus for a paint scheme. 2006 is a regular Castleton bus. Come to think about it, the paint scheme does look good but it won't be happening to any other express buses.

anyone know why the stainless steel trim was painted white? and is still assigned to CAS?

I hate that bus... Not just to paint scheme, but also those annoying seats on the express bus. It's so retro looking and such a pain the @ss to recline the seats and sit comfortably. :mad: I was hoping they'd send that bus over to Eastchester or wherever they send the express buses to be scrapped and such.

IIRC, 2006 getting painted had to do with corrosion problems some of the MCIs were/are having. I think 2731 and a couple others have just the rear painted. The problem is that the (MTA) used regular paint on stainless steel and it didn't take long for it to start flaking. Greyhound did they same thing when they painted the MC-12s in the "Ghost" scheme.

FWIW, I understand 2006 is at Eastchester. I was hoping that it would return to service but with the X3s coming I think its days are done. Sad because I've heard from more than one source that that bus was one of the good one.

IIRC, 2006 getting painted had to do with corrosion problems some of the MCIs were/are having. I think 2731 and a couple others have just the rear painted. The problem is that the (MTA) used regular paint on stainless steel and it didn't take long for it to start flaking. Greyhound did they same thing when they painted the MC-12s in the "Ghost" scheme.

FWIW, I understand 2006 is at Eastchester. I was hoping that it would return to service but with the X3s coming I think its days are done. Sad because I've heard from more than one source that that bus was one of the good one.

Man that bites...I've seen that bus only once on the X31 (yes, it's a Castleton bus but was running on a Yukon route) and I was heading home on the S79 and it was too late for me to get off and get a photo of it. Oh well....

I've had the "pleasure" to ride it on several occasions on the X13, X14 and I think the X16 and I cringed everytime I saw that bus. It rode okay. It's just the cheap paint job and those seats. Made me feel like I was being ripped off. :mad: lol

i've had the "pleasure" to ride it on several occasions on the x13, x14 and i think the x16 and i cringed everytime i saw that bus. It rode okay. It's just the cheap paint job and those seats. made me feel like i was being ripped off. :mad: Lol

el oh el....

el oh el....

Apparently there a few other express buses out of Castleton w/those ridiculous retro seats. I got on one of them on the X14 the other night... :P

They must've stolen them from somewhere or something because they look completely out of place.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8