DART Riding May 3, 2008

TexasDART

Hey guys, I decided to kill some time on a beautiful afternoon here in Dallas. Here are some shots, and I will put up a video thread once I get them uploaded on YouTube. Let me know what you guys think!

51 Northbound Walnut Hill to Midway & Killion. This is one of the NABI buses that is usually seen doing express work during the week.

DSCF0538.jpg

Typical DART Bus stop sign.

DSCF0539.jpg

51 Southbound Downtown Dallas arriving at Walnut Hill & Coppedge stop.

DSCF0540.jpg

Inside the typical DART NovaBus.

DSCF0542.jpg

Front and back of the Premium Day Pass. It is $5.00, but will allow you to use everything in the DART system, The-T (Fort Worth), and the TRE (Trinity Railway Express) which links Downtown Dallas and Downtown Fort Worth.

DSCF0543.jpgDSCF0544.jpg

51 Bus Route Pamphlet. (Front, back)

DSCF0546.jpgDSCF0547.jpg

Cityplace stop where you get of the 51 and head down to the light rail subway platform.

DSCF0547.jpg

Heading down into Cityplace.

DSCF0557.jpg

DSCF0558.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

Typical DART Rail schedule sign that you will see at all the stations.

DSCF0560.jpg

DART Rail System map showing the Red Line, Blue Line, TRE Line, and Future expansion which will become the Green Line (Northwest Dallas - Southeast Dallas), and the Orange Line (which splits off of the Green Line and heads out to DFW-North).

DSCF0561.jpg

Artwork near the platforms at Cityplace.

DSCF0562.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

Cityplace Southbound platform.

DSCF0564.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

West End Station.

DSCF0572.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

Reunion Tower across from Union Station and the platforms, in West Downtown Dallas.

DSCF0581.jpg

Union Station.

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg

DSCF0596.jpg

DSCF0599.jpg

Information board inside the upper-level of the TRE railcar.

DSCF0602.jpg

Free Material!

DSCF0593.jpg

Hyatt Regency next to Reunion Tower. If you ever watched the show Dallas, then this is the same building in the beginning of the credits for the show.

DSCF0594.jpg

The-T Bus at ITC (Intermodal Transit Center) in Downtown Fort Worth. This is The-T's biggest hub. Just about everything runs through here.

DSCF0621.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

TRE Train at ITC.

DSCF0623.jpg

Sweet Pictures! I felt like I was there looking at those, I really enjoyed I dont see too many Dart Pics out there nowadays I'm not much of a fan of those NovaBus WFD's or whatever you wanna call them but DARTs sure is nice..I'm looking forward to seeing more :(

Thanks guys, I will get some more for you guys. I have a couple of trips coming up and I am planning on taking the cross-town bus routes (labeled 400 and above) out to DFW, and then I will get some shots of the shuttle buses and our automated Skylink system.

Archived