Saltsjöbanan - Stockholm

GBSF

As soon as i have enough time and money.

Sadly though, some of the buses that i grew up with have disapeared over the years. Maybe i should have taken some pics when i could.

Who makes the buses there?

Regarding travel, you are lucky in that it is relatively cheap esp. by rail to travel in Europe. I miss my youth pass... :cry: lol

Who makes the buses there?

Scania, Volvo, MAN, Mercedes and for a short time we had Neoplan buses. Don't know if they're still around or not.

Regarding travel, you are lucky in that it is relatively cheap esp. by rail to travel in Europe. I miss my youth pass... :cry: lol

Cheap? By rail? Since the government let private companies start passenger train operations, the prices have shot sky-high. Atleast SJs. Sigh.

Scania, Volvo, MAN, Mercedes and for a short time we had Neoplan buses. Don't know if they're still around or not.

Cheap? By rail? Since the government let private companies start passenger train operations, the prices have shot sky-high. Atleast SJs. Sigh.

I figured Volvo and Mercedes for sure...

Scania I haven't heard of though, MAN either... They must be smaller companies with a presence mainly in Scandinavia...

Regarding travel, I could get from Florence to Rome on the train for 30 € each way and about the same going from Florence to Milan.

Give me an example of what it would cost from Stockholm to another big city in Sweden like say Malmö...

I do realize that the living standards in Scandinavia esp. are very high and in fact rival that of other Western European countries like Switzerland.

Well, i don't know about that, i checked the prices for an adult since it seems that a child can't buy tickets online.

Hmm... I see. I would imagine that they must have something for the Swedish youth. European countries want to encourage the youth to travel and explore the continent, which I think is great.

Archived