Anyone ride any express buses...

Harry

I seen 2134 quite a few times in mantthan and at UP depot, but never rode it though. I gotta busfan UP express bus routes, the X29 goes near my house but I always end up fanning the Spring creek express routes. Love them surbubuan CNG's!! :rolleyes:

I think the reason why thier governed that slow is because its less wear and tear and most express bus routes aren't on the highway for a long time. I think SI express buses should be govern a bit higher like 70 to 75 MPH IMO. The funny thing is that it seems like surbuban Orion V CNG's at spring creek don't even have governors. One time I rode on an CNG and it felt like the bus was going at least 60 to 70 MPH in the battery tunnel.

Actually Orion V CNG's in MTA dont have governers what-so-ever (well I dunno about Long Island Bus). :D I have been on the QBx1 numerous times doing over 60, half the time over 70, sometimes even 80.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGh0Ljr7X9I

This was doing 65MPH, and it's not even on highway.

Ohh and TheHat, AVOID #3354 from your depot at all costs. That bus SUCKS.

I think the MTA MCI's have governors that limit the maximum speed to 45 mph. Still, the X17J is a nice ride. When it gets warm I'll try that route out.

Most SI MCI's are governed up to about 60 MPH. There are some that are not even governed at all! It also depends on how the B/O is as there are some that drive SLOW

No it doesn't I had it on Tues, Wed and Sat it's just fine. That was my old picked bus. That's the bus I got airborne, what you talkin' bout Willis:)(NYCT)
Ahh Thomas had that same bus not to long ago and compared to Eastchester MCIs, that bus wasn't all that good. Then again someone said no one runs thier buses down like Yonkers so maybe that's why.

Ahh Thomas had that same bus not to long ago and compared to Eastchester MCIs, that bus wasn't all that good. Then again someone said no one runs thier buses down like Yonkers so maybe that's why.

Yonkers don't really run their buses down that badly. Many of the Yonkers buses are in good shape.

BTW I know Thomas as well. Have I ever meet you in person yet?

Yonkers don't really run their buses down that badly. Many of the Yonkers buses are in good shape.

BTW I know Thomas as well. Have I ever meet you in person yet?

He is kind of dark skinned right? Yeah I met him.

i olny ride express buses that are old and now are on local bus routes RTS buses i mean...like the B1, B3, B6, B36, B64, B74 lines. (WOW, ULMER PARK ONLY HAS THOSE LOCAL ROUTES??)

i actually took the BM3 one time going home from Manhattan (Too lazy to take the train), and it was a nice ride. MCI Coach buses, comfortable seats.

i olny ride express buses that are old and now are on local bus routes RTS buses i mean...like the B1, B3, B6, B64 lines. (WOW, ULMER PARK ONLY HAS THOSE LOCAL ROUTES??)

i actually took the BM3 one time going home from Manhattan (Too lazy to take the train), and it was a nice ride. MCI Coach buses, comfortable seats.

Ulmer park did have the B4 but they lost it to gleason. They have five express routes so I guess thats one of the reasons why they have so few local routes.

As for the LIB Orion V CNG's gorernvors, I don't think they have them. I was riding one on the N16 and the bus got to 55 to 60 MPH with ease. LIB Orion V CNG's seem to be a lot faster than anything running in the five boroughs.

Archived