R68's on the Bravo here they come!!

RTOMan

There are now 4 R68's on the (B)ravo now with 30 more R40 Slants sitting in Coney Island Yard waiting for thier "final journey"..

Operating Motors...

2798<===== Had on my Frist Half going to Brighton Beach

2792<===== Had on my Second Half going to Brighton Beach...

I saw the set with 2818 yesterday. I like 2818 since it has the old rollsigns still, and for some reason the rollsign on the left side of the car (from the T/O's perspective) is torn and just reads "179 Street Queens" or "179 Street Jamaica." BTW do you know a female conductor who works either the 1450 or 1500 (D) out of 205 Street? She always says "B as in Bravo". Wish I knew who she was, it's funny how she's always like "the booorough" and "do we have the liiiineup" and whatnot. Typical enthusiastic rookie I guess.

I saw the set with 2818 yesterday. I like 2818 since it has the old rollsigns still, and for some reason the rollsign on the left side of the car (from the T/O's perspective) is torn and just reads "179 Street Queens" or "179 Street Jamaica." BTW do you know a female conductor who works either the 1450 or 1500 (D) out of 205 Street? She always says "B as in Bravo". Wish I knew who she was, it's funny how she's always like "the booorough" and "do we have the liiiineup" and whatnot. Typical enthusiastic rookie I guess.

I ride this guy's ©harlie train and tries to do R160 annoucements lol. Anyways, this is great! The slants aren't that nice. I'd love to have that handrest riding Central Park Local!

very bad news...

better enjoy those 40 Slants while i can :)

Hey Error.....More NTT cars were being delivered yesterday night (Tuesday) at 215st entrance to 207st yard.....Alstoms are still coming in.

Here is a song for you, Trainfan22, and Phil D to "remember"

Hey Error.....More NTT cars were being delivered yesterday night (Tuesday) at 215st entrance to 207st yard.....Alstoms are still coming in.

Here is a song for you, Trainfan22, and Phil D to "remember"

Haha! I have another one! lol :

This song is played at many graduation ceremonies and is actually very touching, However, it fits this (Dam, I hate saying these 2 words) -> RAILFAN WINDOW nonsense...:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDvcyXez52Y

Thank god they are using R68s to replace the R40s instead of R160s. Its bad enough that they putting 160s on the (Q) to replace the great awsome most reliable train the in fleet BEST cars the fleet R68/A. The R68s are dam near pefect they are the smoothest riding cars in the fleet. The heat and A/C is aways pefect they are clean have interesting rollsigns and are quiet!! And their seats are nice and comfy wheres those seats on the R160s always hurt my behind and back. Its horrable these R160s will ruin my commute esp during wet leave season sippin and siding all over the place. Going BIE having car shortages because OOS R160s with flat wheel problems.

And their seats are nice and comfy wheres those seats on the R160s always hurt my behind and back. Its horrable these R160s will ruin my commute esp during wet leave season sippin and siding all over the place. Going BIE having car shortages because OOS R160s with flat wheel problems.

If you don't like the seats, then stand...and when was the last time you heard about R160 brakes slipping and sliding all over the place during wet leaf season? This isn't Metro North or the LIRR.

If you don't like the seats, then stand...and when was the last time you heard about R160 brakes slipping and sliding all over the place during wet leaf season? This isn't Metro North or the LIRR.

The brighton line was wet leaves problems ask any (:) or (Q) line T/O. They will tell you about the wet leave problems. And sea beach does not have wet leave problems the brighton line has the worse wet leave problem in the system. Those R160s will not peform well on wet leaves its going to be a mess. Just like those M7s which are simlar to the R160 there was over 200 M7s OOS with flat wheel problems.

Cant help you with that..:)

The brighton line was wet leaves problems ask any (B) or (Q) line T/O. They will tell you about the wet leave problems. And sea beach does not have wet leave problems the brighton line has the worse wet leave problem in the system. Those R160s will not peform well on wet leaves its going to be a mess. Just like those M7s which are simlar to the R160 there was over 200 M7s OOS with flat wheel problems.

Brighton does recieve a lot of wet leave problems. Yes, or no, (MTA) still plans for them to go to the (Q) and there was a set testing before (in before i mean yesterday or the day before yesterday).

Thank god they are using R68s to replace the R40s instead of R160s. Its bad enough that they putting 160s on the (Q) to replace the great awsome most reliable train the in fleet BEST cars the fleet R68/A. The R68s are dam near pefect they are the smoothest riding cars in the fleet. The heat and A/C is aways pefect they are clean have interesting rollsigns and are quiet!! And their seats are nice and comfy wheres those seats on the R160s always hurt my behind and back. Its horrable these R160s will ruin my commute esp during wet leave season sippin and siding all over the place. Going BIE having car shortages because OOS R160s with flat wheel problems.

LOL. Your funny. Like what R160 said, if you don't like the seats stand. How do they hurt your back, if the chair positions are almost the same. With the exact curves and everything. I find that the R160s have BETTER seats because I'm a little bit fat and they hurt ppls behinds for that rediculously small chair bumps they have. The air ventilation system sucks ass. It smells like sweat mixed with shit when you ride it through the Manhattan Bridge. Dunno if your nose is clogged or anything, but it smells like someone's armpit.

LOL. Your funny. Like what R160 said, if you don't like the seats stand. How do they hurt your back, if the chair positions are almost the same. With the exact curves and everything. I find that the R160s have BETTER seats because I'm a little bit fat and they hurt ppls behinds for that rediculously small chair bumps they have. The air ventilation system sucks ass. It smells like sweat mixed with shit when you ride it through the Manhattan Bridge. Dunno if your nose is clogged or anything, but it smells like someone's armpit.

The seats on the R68s are diffent than the R160s seats. Those bars at the end of the car are uncomefble to lean on and that curve in the R160s seats hurts my back same goes for the 142/143. Thats why when i ride on NTT i go to the seat next to the window on the B end. and lean aganist the window while im sitting down. Its much more comfy but if the train gets crowed i have to sit the normal way and its not comeble. And the R68s ventilation systems are fine if people stink you will smell it on an R160s too and an R142/143. Like for example a swage pipe broke near beverly road on the (2) line. Everytime i rode an R142 past that station i always smell it. Same goes for homeless people the smell of them goes though out the whole car. And this is on both SMEE and NTT if people stink theres nothing the train can do about it. And ive rode R68/A everyday for the past four years they smell fine. exept when homeless people are in the car then they stink.

And my nose is not clogged btw.....

The brighton line was wet leaves problems ask any (B) or (Q) line T/O. They will tell you about the wet leave problems. And sea beach does not have wet leave problems the brighton line has the worse wet leave problem in the system. Those R160s will not peform well on wet leaves its going to be a mess. Just like those M7s which are simlar to the R160 there was over 200 M7s OOS with flat wheel problems.

Did I miss something, are you related to Phil? :confused:

Flat wheels aren't caused primarily by leaves. They're also caused by hard braking.

Here's what I would say: get used to it.

The R160 is going to be around for a while. And once the order is finished on them, it is likely that you'll be seeing them on the (B)

Really, the (B)? I would say the (E) & (F) have a better chance of seeing 160s before the (B)ravo does. Oh well, guess well find see in the upcoming months.:cool:

Did I miss something, are you related to Phil? :confused:

No im not the M7 has simlar traction motors to the R160s. The M7s have poor pefromance on wet leaves so most likely the R160s will too. The alstom onix populsion R160s are getting simlar warrenty work to M7s are getting at arch street shops in LIC. Replacing parts in the populsion systems they may look diffent on the outside but their machincs work alike.

@ Bstyles yes i know that sometimes flat wheels is caused by hard braking. But the brighton line has MAJOR wet leave problems if you ride any R68A R40S/M during the fall you will hear the flat wheels. And mind you that the siemens R160s has siding brakes so that right there will be interesting. Those r160s will not peform well on wet leaves cause the M7s dont. And the (B) line is not getting any R160s the (B) will get R179s cause theres rumors that the R68/As will be scrapped within the next five years.....

No im not the M7 has simlar traction motors to the R160s. The M7s have poor pefromance on wet leaves so most likely the R160s will too. The alstom onix populsion R160s are getting simlar warrenty work to M7s are getting at arch street shops in LIC. Replacing parts in the populsion systems they may look diffent on the outside but their machincs work alike.

@ Bstyles yes i know that sometimes flat wheels is caused by hard braking. But the brighton line has MAJOR wet leave problems if you ride any R68A R40S/M during the fall you will hear the flat wheels. And mind you that the siemens R160s has siding brakes so that right there will be interesting. Those r160s will not peform well on wet leaves cause the M7s dont. And the (B) line is not getting any R160s the (B) will get R179s cause theres rumors that the R68/As will be scrapped within the next five years.....

Just because they have similar traction motors doesn't mean they will react the same way...there needs to be proof which none is accessible to us as of now.

And there's RUMORS that the R68/A are being retired in 5 years. It doesn't say ANYTHING in the capital plan about R68s being retired.

Just because they have similar traction motors doesn't mean they will react the same way...there needs to be proof which none is accessible to us as of now.

And there's RUMORS that the R68/A are being retired in 5 years? It doesn't say ANYTHING in the capital plan about R68s being retired.

I agree. The 68s, I don't think will be scrapped in 5 years.

*Trainfan, if you dont mind me asking, where do you hear this stuff? And please dont respond S*****t.

Why is it that sounds so wrong? I'll tell you why.

R160s are not M7s first of all. They are very different, especially in the terms of service they are used. M7s are used for commuter rail, and R160s are used for subway. The M7s travel at higher speeds and longer distances, the R160s don't obviously being in NY.

Now, why in the world are R68/As going to be scrapped within the next five years? R68/As are only 21-22 years old. Unless I've been really missing out on whats been going on in the NYC Subway, I don't think anything like that has come out. The R44s and R46s are much older. If anything, R44s are getting scrapped within the upcoming years. That is what the R179s are replacing.

Hear me out on this, becareful who you listen to......especially whatever is posted on Sub Chat even though few get it right at times.....

*Trainfan, if you dont mind me asking, where do you hear this stuff?
I'll tell you where, his mind and whatever comes out of people's mouth at other forums, especially over at Sub Chat taking everything to heart.

Why is it that sounds so wrong? I'll tell you why.

R160s are not M7s first of all. They are very different, especially in the terms of service they are used. M7s are used for commuter rail, and R160s are used for subway. The M7s travel at higher speeds and longer distances, the R160s don't obviously being in NY.

Now, why in the world are R68/As going to be scrapped within the next five years? R68/As are only 21-22 years old. Unless I've been really missing out on whats been going on in the NYC Subway, I don't think anything like that has come out. The R44s and R46s are much older. If anything, R44s are getting scrapped within the upcoming years. That is what the R179s are replacing.

Hear me out on this, becareful who you listen to......especially whatever is posted on Sub Chat even though few get it right at times.....

Pablo, please emphasize the word 'FEW' lol..

Look the MTA could give two s*** about SMEE equipment. They want every train to be CBTC combiable by 2015. Also the MTA wants every train to have DC traction by 2015 also. And the R160s and M7s are machally alike ask anybody in car equipment the inner workings of the M7 are VERY silmar to the R160s same computer systems and everything. One of the few things that are diffent is the automated aonnocements wheres the M7 uses GPS systems wheres the r160s uses wheel rotations. And they also getting the same warrenty work at CI and arch street shops with problems with the populsion systems. Just ask anybody in the railroad industry tell you that the r160s inner workings are very simiar to the M7s. And from what ive heard the R179s will replace R44 R46 AND THE R68/A. They will replace all these 75 footers at the same time. The MTA wants to switch the system over to traction/braking system the NTT use. And just for the record there have subway cars that have been scrapped after 20 years of service like the R16 and the PA4. The only thing that might save the R68/A and the r62/A is buget deficts. The R62/A and R68/A are fine machally but the MTA wants trains that are CBTC combaible....

Archived