Subway Doors Open Before Car Reaches Elevated Platform @ Marcy Av

w8Hou

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Well there is 2 boards at every (J)(M)(Z) station.

But OTOH, the R160 boards clearly say "8 R160" so I'm on the fence on this one

shows how ingnorant and clueless people are sometimes..... u would think people would be smart enough to look before the door opened to see if the train is on the platform first..... honestly, i would have had no pity for those people if they had done that... just a few less drones that suck up resources in this world.

Why do conducters have to point at the board?

Prevent injuries and lawsuits.

Conductors have to know if they are on the right position to open doors, safely.

Obviously, something is very wrong. I wondor did the T/O stop at the 6 car marker and press that punch box? That crew is really in deep water.

I love how they say its dangerous. I don't see how it's dangerous, simple....don't walk out those doors. Unless your an idiot.

You do realize how many people rush out of the train? It is dangerous. I bet if you were there and was rushing to get out just as out and it happened to you, I bet any amount of money this statement would be very different.

You do realize how many people rush out of the train? It is dangerous. I bet if you were there and was rushing to get out just as out and it happened to you, I bet any amount of money this statement would be very different.

True, but seeing the pictures all they would have fallen to was the yellow grating like 2 feet....

I love how they say its dangerous. I don't see how it's dangerous, simple....don't walk out those doors. Unless your an idiot.

Of course you should look before you exit the train because you don't know what's out there. Could be something like what happened in the video, or dog crap right on the platform. But the important thing is that THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. There's a reason why (MTA) asks conductors to point at the board and what's worse is that the conductor and the T/O was oblivious to the problem (no announcements were made after this event). I don't know if this was completely true or some media garbage trying to stir up the scene, but I believe this time it was the crew's fault to blame.

Once the R32/42s retire those other boards can be removed.

Even after those car types bite the dust that won't really play a part in removing the boards...look how many R110 boards alre all over the (A) line still....

It looks like the back of that RTS is halfway painted... :confused:

LOL you're right!

Boy oh boy, the crew on that train are deeply in trouble, especially the T/O because he 1. stopped short, and 2. enabled the doors for the conductor, and the conducter him/herself, didn't realize that the train was incorrectly platformed before opening the doors.

Literally, el oh el....

"You do realize how many people rush out of the train? It is dangerous."

It's also dangerous if someone was leaning against a door because then they fall into the trackbed head first. It's a great way for the MTA to have a multi million dollar lawsuit against them.

True, but seeing the pictures all they would have fallen to was the yellow grating like 2 feet....

That was the last door of the last car where an exit is at Marcy Ave and it was rush hour so alot of people would use that door to get off. So say if I got off at that door first and stopped when I realized that there is not a platform, I would probably be shoved which would make me and potentially many people fall from the shoving. If say many people fell off, there wouldnt be much room on the little grating which is about a 5 foot fall which could cause people to fall of the el to their deaths. so yes it is dangerous.

Ha! I was on an (M) train about 2 trains ahead of that one! Never heard it happen.

Though if I was sitting there and the doors opened to the street below, I would be taking LOTS of video.

Boy that is dangerous, smh.

At least Im glad that everyone is safe and no one got injured! :tup:.

I usually try to support T/Os and C/Rs but in this case there is NO excuse that I can logically come up with. If the incident happened as reported it's such a flagrant violation that I would have to recommend termination for the entire crew. There is no justification for either person to have screwed up this terribly. Just my opinion.

Is the T/O really to blame? The condcutor is the one who opened up the doors. Sometimes trains under-shoot stations. It happened when I was on the E a few months ago. It was no big deal since the T/O just restarted the train and creeped up to the marker, and the condcutor did not open the doors until the train was at the right position.

Is the T/O really to blame? The condcutor is the one who opened up the doors. Sometimes trains under-shoot stations. It happened when I was on the E a few months ago. It was no big deal since the T/O just restarted the train and creeped up to the marker, and the condcutor did not open the doors until the train was at the right position.

If that train is NTT the T/O has to enable the C/R to open the doors. If the train came to a stop short of the marker all the T/O had to do was pull up to the proper marker and enable the C/R AT THAT POINT. In this case , if reported correctly, the T/O came up short AND enabled the C/R to open the doors. That's at least 2 rules violations by the T/O right there.

If that train is NTT the T/O has to enable the C/R to open the doors. If the train came to a stop short of the marker all the T/O had to do was pull up to the proper marker and enable the C/R AT THAT POINT. In this case , if reported correctly, the T/O came up short AND enabled the C/R to open the doors. That's at least 2 rules violations by the T/O right there.

Even on some non-NTTs (R42s have the enablers as well).

I wouldn't hedge that bet.

It is pretty dangerous. You may fail to see the danger of a door opening into thin air, but if something actually happened to a passenger the agency would have been in A LOT of trouble.

Yes, the T/O is as much to blame. He/she clearly undershot the station, granted the conductor should have corrected them, instead of opening the door like a dummy.

Whoa, glad no one got hurt. There's no excuse for that, that was a huge mess-up. I haven't been on the re-routed (M) train yet, once I get there, I'll see if I have some extra time to take a trip to Marcy Ave just to check it out.

Archived