Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Circus Train Times 2011

lilbluefoxie

Does anyone know the approxamate timeframe of when the circus train will be going through Garden City? Last year it went through kinda late from what I hear. What would be a good time to head over to Clinton Avenue to be on the safe side?

I wonder what routing it will take because about a week or so ago I saw the train laid up in a freight yard outside of Newark while the show was at the Prudential Center.

it usually goes thru the amtrak tunnels thru penn station and then goes along the hempstead branch thru garden city to the abandoned part

it usually goes thru the amtrak tunnels thru penn station and then goes along the hempstead branch thru garden city to the abandoned part

That's the Garden City-Mitchel Field secondary. Still is used for freight on occasion by the New York & Atlantic Railway.

That's the Garden City-Mitchel Field secondary. Still is used for freight on occasion by the New York & Atlantic Railway.

No freight along the secondary. Amtrak sends the train through the Hudson/East River tunnels with 2 HHP's.

So how do they get through to the Garden City - Mitchel Field Secondary without disrupting the Main Line?

they branch off to the Hempstead branch at Queens Interlocking, service on the Hempstead branch off-peak is hourly, plenty of time to allow the circus train to switch over at Garden interlocking

Archived