Bus operator test #8006

xyuk

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they say the same thing over and over i think it still says 192 certified its no help been like that for a few years wish they update there system to let us no how many hired from 8006 last i heard on here they were in there 100 s but dont know or heard any thing since everyone please post your list num so we know where we are on the list thank you need more info on 8006 since its moving;)

you have to listen very carefully when you call dcas

The message was indeed : "you are NOT on an outstanding certification"

for a long time....however...for the list # 1-191 the message now says :

" you ARE currently on an outstanding certification " - which means #1-191 are called in for physical/drug and stuff....

No one from 8006 got hired yet....

keep calling the dcas phone...when something is going on regarding YOU ( your list # ), you will hear a different message then you have heard previously...

you have to listen very carefully when you call dcas

The message was indeed : "you are NOT on an outstanding certification"

for a long time....however...for the list # 1-191 the message now says :

" you ARE currently on an outstanding certification " - which means #1-191 are called in for physical/drug and stuff....

No one from 8006 got hired yet....

keep calling the dcas phone...when something is going on regarding YOU ( your list # ), you will hear a different message then you have heard previously...

My # is in the 470's and it says I'm on Outstanding Certification. I believe that means your information is being considered. Prior to the current applicants that got their letter, I was not on outstanding cert.

Isn't there a Bus Operator list that the MTA is just about done with already? Was it the B/O list before this one? I think they wound up calling around 4000 people from a list of just under 5000 people. My memory sucks.

Isn't there a Bus Operator list that the MTA is just about done with already? Was it the B/O list before this one? I think they wound up calling around 4000 people from a list of just under 5000 people. My memory sucks.

Yeah, it's #5025 ... I'm on that list; was called back in 08 but had to restore my name about 2 weeks ago, so I should be in the next batch they call in.

Yeah, it's #5025 ... I'm on that list; was called back in 08 but had to restore my name about 2 weeks ago, so I should be in the next batch they call in.

Dude, good luck with that.

Did you ever figured out the question: Will they call you if they have finished the list and started the new one ?

they say the same thing over and over i think it still says 192 certified its no help been like that for a few years wish they update there system to let us no how many hired from 8006 last i heard on here they were in there 100 s but dont know or heard any thing since everyone please post your list num so we know where we are on the list thank you need more info on 8006 since its moving;)

New member here joined last night to respond about B/O exam 8006. I took the exam back in April 2008 and like everyone else I received my test results in April 2009 and then did BOSS in May 2009. I saw that 2 weeks ago members are reporting movement on 8006 so I called the DCAS number to see what,s up with my number which is in the low 400,s.This time when I called it said I am on a outstanding certification, "Surprised" this time I said wow there really is movement. OK,so maybe if I am lucky I might hear something by summer,well I was surprised when on Wed. March 9th I received a notice to come in to 180 Livingston St. on Friday March 18 at 7:30 am for a pre-interview and laboratory examination,which will include a drug and alcohol screening. It also says you may be recalled at a later date for a pre-employment medical examination.This notice also states that when you report for processing at minimum you need a CDL class B permit with passenger endorsement and no air brake restrictions. The starting salary is $20.3800/hour.There are papers to be made out which include General Information about yourself,past Employment Info.Military,Education ,Criminal and last Motor Vehicile License Info.One other thing there is a release form you print your name and sign so they can check information about you.

I just wanted to share this with everone and give some kind of idea as to where we are right now. Good Luck to all and including myself as I might need it.

• 3 weeks later...

My list # was 63 from 8006. I had to clear up a medical hold which, delayed me around 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, but I was hired yesterday and told to report to Zerega on 04/11/11. It appeared to me that each time I went to 180 Livingston (3 times in mid March) there would be around 100 people or so starting the pre-employment process. I don't actually know what # they are up to yet as far as hires, but I would think 300/400's.

Thanks for the update, congrats on getting hired. Medical holds seem

to be pretty common during the pre employment process. Is the April 11th

class the 1st class for the 8006 list? Every 2 weeks there is a new class.

Your estimate as far as hires go of 300-400 sounds accurate, they go through

that many list numbers just to get 1 class.

Thank you Locomotion69. I'm not sure if April 11 is the first class, but I will post as soon as I find out any information. Honestly, I was kind of caught by surprise at how quickly they moved once hold was taken care of. I thought I'd be going back and forth with them.

My list # was 63 from 8006. I had to clear up a medical hold which, delayed me around 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, but I was hired yesterday and told to report to Zerega on 04/11/11. It appeared to me that each time I went to 180 Livingston (3 times in mid March) there would be around 100 people or so starting the pre-employment process. I don't actually know what # they are up to yet as far as hires, but I would think 300/400's.

Congrats and welcome to the TA. And also once you go in for the medical and your clear final processing takes place that same day. So that's why it moved so fast. Just follow all TA rules to the letter and don't call out sick on your 1 year probation unless your really sick and you'll be golden. Also try not to do so much OT year one as well, so you don't get so much exposure to the customers and raise your potential for complaints.

Hi everyone, I took exam 8006, went for pre-employment on 4-18 (my list # is in 430's) and have a few questions..

1. How do you know that you clear the medical, besides the obvious them telling you so, and what does the medical involve?

2. I was looking through my folders and found a police report (I forgot all about it). It happened in the summer of '09. A taxi sideswiped me (I was double parked), but no damage, not a scratch on the car, just scratched my side mirror. Was no reason for me to report it to my insurance company, but made a police report just in case. Do I tell (MTA) about it, and being I forgot about it initially how do I go about it?

3. I have a CDL B permit, end of May will be two yrs since I got it. Should I schedule a road test now, but will (MTA) let me take it on my own while I'll be in training or can I extend my permit for another yr?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I have a low 100's list number off test 8006. Was called to report to Livingston St on March 9th. I wasn't ready so I sent the letter back and did not go. About a week later I wrote DCAS;) to put me back on the list. So far, have not gotten anything. Any advice, suggestions?:)

Hi everyone, I took exam 8006, went for pre-employment on 4-18 (my list # is in 430's) and have a few questions..

1. How do you know that you clear the medical, besides the obvious them telling you so, and what does the medical involve?

2. I was looking through my folders and found a police report (I forgot all about it). It happened in the summer of '09. A taxi sideswiped me (I was double parked), but no damage, not a scratch on the car, just scratched my side mirror. Was no reason for me to report it to my insurance company, but made a police report just in case. Do I tell (MTA) about it, and being I forgot about it initially how do I go about it?

3. I have a CDL B permit, end of May will be two yrs since I got it. Should I schedule a road test now, but will (MTA) let me take it on my own while I'll be in training or can I extend my permit for another yr?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

the medical involves an eye test hearing test cardio test blood pressure then you take off your clothes and doc checks you stomach etc.after that you''ll know because they'll tell when to report to zeriga for training.Tell them about the accident cover your ass.

Archived