Bus operator test #8006

xyuk

when i was hired years ago many failed the blood pressure and hearing test if no you have an issue with these 2 try to get it under control at least your blood pressure not sure what to do if you fail the hearing test i dont know if your allowed a hearing aid anyone know about the hearing aid issue

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a low 100's list number off test 8006. Was called to report to Livingston St on March 9th. I wasn't ready so I sent the letter back and did not go. About a week later I wrote DCAS;) to put me back on the list. So far, have not gotten anything. Any advice, suggestions?B)

I'm with you guy, except I'm on the #5025 list which was issued in April 2006. They sent me a letter for BOSS in April 2008 but couldn't make it due to driver's license age (hadn't been 3 yrs yet), but I went to DCAS on 2/28 and put my name back onto the list and it took only one day; I received a letter at the end of the week.

I'm still waiting for them to contact me for BOSS.

When I contacted employment dept. last month, the week of March 1st I believe, they did mention that the last batch of applicants was sent to TA on 2/15 and from the time I called, she said it'd be about two months more til they receive another batch.

The only thing that's bugging me is the whole CDL thing - I took the tests at DMV, received the correct endorsements, but have to wait til I'm called into physical (3rd stage) so I can have the doctors sign off on the medical papers and I can send it into DMV to receive the 'official' permit.

Keep your fingers crossed guys.

hi Acela,

Go to your own doctor and tell them you need to have a CDL form filled out....all doctor offices have one....your doctor will fill out the 10 page form and give n "OK" pass ( or not, if you have health problems) - then take that form to DMV...it is a requirement to get your CDL permit....you DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR MTA EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont need medical form in order to get CDL permit and license.

You will have a restriction A3 ( no medical form on file) but its ok, MTA dont care. If you work anywhere else, you will need that form and the restriction off your license.

You dont need medical form in order to get CDL permit and license.

You will have a restriction A3 ( no medical form on file) but its ok, MTA dont care. If you work anywhere else, you will need that form and the restriction off your license.

Well, I have a topic started a few weeks ago somewhere down below if you want to take a look into the situation; I updated it about a week ago asking should I do -- I haven't received anything in the mail yet, and the rep. at DMV the day of the exams said medical paperwork needs to be filed before they send anything. I'd like to call DMV and ask but its like speaking to a brick wall opposed to actually going down there. Blah.

Congrats and welcome to the TA. And also once you go in for the medical and your clear final processing takes place that same day. So that's why it moved so fast. Just follow all TA rules to the letter and don't call out sick on your 1 year probation unless your really sick and you'll be golden. Also try not to do so much OT year one as well, so you don't get so much exposure to the customers and raise your potential for complaints.

Thank you for the good advice and welcome WillBx718, it is well taken and greatly appreciated!!! Thanks also to everybody for taking the time to post on these threads to provide so much invaluable information!!! You are doing a great job and have been a Godsend!!! Once I figure out how to use this a little better, hopefully I can do the same :)

It takes them up to 30 days to stick your name back on the list, and then ones you are on the list you will be called back in the next bunch of people DCAS will give to MTA.

I thought you had to go to 1 Centre St(DCAS) to put your name back on the list. My question is then does it have to be done in writing or in person?

It takes them up to 30 days to stick your name back on the list, and then ones you are on the list you will be called back in the next bunch of people DCAS will give to MTA.

Thanks, specially AcelaExpress and Olegkha. :tup: I'm the guy from list 8006, list number low 100's who passed up the interview and medical appointment for 3/9. Sent my letter to be put back on the list around 3/17 so that means I'll be getting called back around mid April, give or take. We'll see. Process should move extra quick after that scandal with Operators who got caught holding licenses with different names. :P (I'm sorry for those guys, but stuff happens.)

Only one thing concerns me, somebody mentioned about a BOSS exam. I've read blogs from other guys who have been down at Livingston Street and they dont mention anything about it. What's the deal?:confused:

BOSS is a written job interview designed to test or assess your personality, work ethics etc for the position your applying for- Bus operator. Be honest and consistent with your answers. Test process is about 1.5 hours to 2 hours long. Good luck.

i have an a3 restriction on my license.the mta will hire anyone with this for bus operator.this means you can only drive a bus in new york city only.and thats what you will be doing.driving a bus in nyc.............:)

Not really. Express routes travel through NJ.

if you have a clean cdl bp with no restrictions you can drive anywhere in the usa with a bus.i did that for many years but i also had no a3 restriction on my license when i was hired also 3 yrs ago. but many in my class had an a3 restriction and was hired. my guess is if you went to a depot that had an express run that had to travel the turnpike into the tunnel they would ask you to go to mvo with the doctors forms from mta to have it removed.people were hired with a3 restriction now let me hear the comments im full of shiit about this and not telling them you were aressted for a violation non criminal offense.thats like asking you what you did wrong when you were 12 yrs old all you say is i have no criminal record periord.now let me hear about my bad spelling and i dont no shit.got some good people on here like willbx and alex and locomotion but others just pop up and want to stir up bullshit lets see who is the first to start b.s again:(

what was your list #so we can update where we are if you dont mind thanks;):tup:

I have to report to Zerega tomorrow (04/11) AM. List is 63 off of exam 8006, but medical hold may have put me back 1 or 2 classes, I'm guessing. I'll see what # they are up to and update you ASAP. By the way... I just have what they required- CDL class B permit with air-brake and passenger endorsement and I have the A3 restriction. It would seem to reason that you simply wont (and can't) be assigned a route that is interstate.

I have to report to Zerega tomorrow (04/11) AM. List is 63 off of exam 8006, but medical hold may have put me back 1 or 2 classes, I'm guessing. I'll see what # they are up to and update you ASAP. By the way... I just have what they required- CDL class B permit with air-brake and passenger endorsement and I have the A3 restriction. It would seem to reason that you simply wont (and can't) be assigned a route that is interstate.

Good luck Solas!!

Thanks, specially AcelaExpress and Olegkha. :tup: I'm the guy from list 8006, list number low 100's who passed up the interview and medical appointment for 3/9. Sent my letter to be put back on the list around 3/17 so that means I'll be getting called back around mid April, give or take. We'll see. Process should move extra quick after that scandal with Operators who got caught holding licenses with different names. :) (I'm sorry for those guys, but stuff happens.)

Only one thing concerns me, somebody mentioned about a BOSS exam. I've read blogs from other guys who have been down at Livingston Street and they dont mention anything about it. What's the deal?:confused:

Whoa where have I been is it Operators from the (MTA)

Good luck tomorrow and congrats for having such a low list number.

What is the vision requirement for B/O's? Do you need to have 20/20

vision corrected or uncorrected, or is it 20/40 vision without glasses good

enough? thanks. :cool:

Good luck tomorrow and congrats for having such a low list number.

What is the vision requirement for B/O's? Do you need to have 20/20

vision corrected or uncorrected, or is it 20/40 vision without glasses good

enough? thanks. :cool:

Thanks much Loco and FDB, God only knows... I'll need it!!! Both of you have been a tremendous help with your posts, so thank you for that too!!! I'm not certain about the vision, but I saw other people taking the test without their glasses and then again with them on. It kind of resembles a microscope and gets a little tricky, but mostly it's pretty obvious. My vision is not quite as good as it used to be, so I'm sure 20/40 is good enough (it is for PD/FD).

I look forward to one day congratulating you both... hopefully very soon!!!;)

Thanks much Loco and FDB, God only knows... I'll need it!!! Both of you have been a tremendous help with your posts, so thank you for that too!!! I'm not certain about the vision, but I saw other people taking the test without their glasses and then again with them on. It kind of resembles a microscope and gets a little tricky, but mostly it's pretty obvious. My vision is not quite as good as it used to be, so I'm sure 20/40 is good enough (it is for PD/FD).

I look forward to one day congratulating you both... hopefully very soon!!!;)

Amen!!:tup:

Archived