Bus operator test #8006

xyuk

seal all the people I spoke to on Fri.seemed to be before me in the 300,s and were from called in from March like myself. All were in the mid 300,s range but their was a lot more people so I don,t know for sure. Some were also on medical hold from March and were getting cleared. For me this time it did go a little faster with the paper work and I was told that back in March when they reach the amount of vacancies every thing stops. When I asked about myself from letter from DCAS saying I did not show for medical I was told that it was DCAS that did that. (Sounds like he said she said ) I asked if they would at least leave a message if I am not home and I was told that they would. Hopefully I will here something and this list moves for for all those waiting.
yes i know like i said my freind got a letter to report also i forgot to ask what date he has to go i know he is mid 500s i think things are kinda screwed up in livingston st they call people prior and also with a higher list # ill wait and see what he tells me thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes i know like i said my freind got a letter to report also i forgot to ask what date he has to go i know he is mid 500s i think things are kinda screwed up in livingston st they call people prior and also with a higher list # ill wait and see what he tells me thanks

List #'s dont tell you much :tdown: because of all the "restoring names to the list" cases. For instance, I'm #119 and when I was called in to Livingston St. for the drug test back in March I declined. By the time I got back on the list (last week) I believe they were calling in the 400's. One guy told me he had to decline the first appointment because he was taking his vacation from his job at the time. Hope this helps. We should be getting called back for the medical around the 21. Keep in touch.:tup::cool:

#706 here from the 8006 and I haven't received anything in the mail

yet with regards to the drug test. #474 went last Friday, I give it another

week, I figure they call around 35 people a day to start the pre employment

process, if not then it looks like they won't reach the #700's this time around.

For those going into the August 1st class, you have 10 business days to finalize the pre employment process(medical, paperwork, etc).

I received the phone call Fri. afternoon to report this Wed. 7-20 for medical and bring in paperwork from back in March. At least this time I made it a little further and will try to see what numbers they are around to. Again I am in the 420,s range exam 8006.

I was called for my medicsl on friday. Woohoo. I'm to report to 180 livingston on tuesday @ 7:30 am. They told me to bring food because It will be an all day thing. Does anybody have any idea what to expect. I'm laying off salt for the next few days as well as hitting the gym for cardio the day of.

:tup::tup:

I doubt I'll have an issue, but I've been sticking to drinking water like it's crack, and night running on Ocean Parkway to keep everything in order.

I was called for my medicsl on friday. Woohoo. I'm to report to 180 livingston on tuesday @ 7:30 am. They told me to bring food because It will be an all day thing. Does anybody have any idea what to expect. I'm laying off salt for the next few days as well as hitting the gym for cardio the day of.

Good luck to both you guys and yes lay off the sait and bring food. Your going to be there all day. As medical they going to check eyes,ears,BP and do a EKG and ect.

Thanks for the heads-up, NYWBRR.

It sounds like you'll be placed into the August 1st classes soon enough.

I'm looking for a phone call this week regarding my medical appointment.

Good luck. Let us know what goes down on Wednesday, brutha.

OK there is the update, you are right about the August 1st class but the problem was that those classes are filled. I always get their early so this morning before 7:30 around 7:20 they started to call some names which included myself. Turns out that we were called in for medical because they wanted to put us in the Aug. 1st class but because it,s filled we needed to do another drug test. The reason is we are now slated for Aug. 15 classes and the drug test from July 8 will be expired, the reason to do drug test today and they will call again for medical. The bummer is you prepare for the long day and brought some food and before you know it you are out of their before 9:00. Really went fast today but then again when I got home at least I had something to eat already with my coffee. As others have posted on this forum be patient your time will come.

Thanks for the update, NYWBRR.

And yes, I'm aware of the filled classes for August 1st -- take a look into my 5025 thread as I've been updating my progress as I go along. I took my second drug test on Tuesday morning for the same exact reason (my July 5th test would expire by the 15th of August, obviously).

Thanks NYWBRR, so you took your 3rd drug test yesterday, clock starts over once again. Would you happen to know how many are going to be in the Aug 1st class?

It looks like for now they have stopped sending out notices for the drug test

for those in the high #500's+. Sealteam had a friend in the low #500's who took his drug test recently. But from the forum that is the highest list # that they have reached so far with regards to the drug test.

Thanks NYWBRR, so you took your 3rd drug test yesterday, clock starts over once again. Would you happen to know how many are going to be in the Aug 1st class?

It looks like for now they have stopped sending out notices for the drug test

for those in the high #500's+. Sealteam had a friend in the low #500's who took his drug test recently. But from the forum that is the highest list # that they have reached so far with regards to the drug test.

sorry that was a few days ago loco i called last one to stop was list @678 shit im pissed but next month it will continue guys im gonna have a heartattck damm

sorry that was a few days ago loco i called last one to stop was list @678 shit im pissed but next month it will continue guys im gonna have a heartattck damm
i made a typo mistake the highest # my freind who asked some people was 578 not 678 hope that helps glad i corrected it;)

Hello everyone. I took my first drug test yesterday. July 20th. My list number is in the 520's. Slow process to get to this point. But here i am. Thank God.

Haha, hopefully for you the first and last drug test, I don't see why they

don't extend the window from 30 days to say 45 or even 60 days.

Only a fool would come into the drug test either drunk or high but some

people actually do that, unreal.

I went for my medical on tuesday. Before we even got started Ms. Chestnut called me and 6 others who were there for medicals were told that the Aug 1st class was cancelled and wed be eligible for the aug 15th class. While we were there we were going to take another drug test. The guy at the lab actually recognized me after four tests. The results were in and im in for my medical on monday.

I betcha Acela gets done by 12:00pm today, he is highly motivated.

Hopefully we will know more about the Aug 15th class from him later

on today.

Off topic rant: The cyclists are mad crazy in Brooklyn(Prospect Heights)

must be the weather or something or the adrenaline rush, they are insane.

Hands down, a B/O's worse enemy out there on the roads.:mad:

I was busy this weekend and had trouble getting on line Sunday night but I did get the phone call Friday afternoon to come in on Tuesday (tomorrow morning) for medical and prepare for a long day. I will post tomorrow night about any news.

Here’s how it goes with me so far called DCAS yesterday.

Exam# 8006 Bus Opearator

List# 2950.5

Number of Eligibles: 3758

Last Person appointed: 461

Exam# 8094 Conductor

List# 8678

Num of Eligibles: 14880

Last Person appointed: none

Still got a long way to go before they ever get to me…had my class B license with Passenger and Tank endorsement for 3 years…still no luck looking for work with my license, but I have been struggling looking for work 7 days a week since I hate my current job. Been applying every where with the economy still at its tough times. I’m thinking about taking some bartending courses just so I can try to make some extra money on the side, until something comes up real soon. It’s hard to look for work these days… really it is…:confused:

Exam# 8006 Bus Opearator

List# 2950.5

Exam# 8094 Conductor

List# 8678

Still got a long way to go before they ever get to me…had my class B license with Passenger and Tank endorsement for 3 years…still no luck looking for work with my license, but I have been struggling looking for work 7 days a week since I hate my current job. Been applying every where with the economy still at its tough times. I’m thinking about taking some bartending courses just so I can try to make some extra money on the side, until something comes up real soon. It’s hard to look for work these days… really it is…:confused:

I feel as though the DCAS hotline is not as up to date as it should be, to my knowledge there has been approximately somewhere around the 120's appointed to C/R position thus far, and according to sealteam, the highest # known that has been called for B/O is 578. Keep good faith. I am in a similar situation as well with my current job, it really sucks now and have my fingers crossed that they reach my number (1185) real soon. If you'd like I can forward you a PM that was sent to me by a well respected member on this board about transit companies that are hiring as of lately, it's not the MTA but I feel as though getting some experience prior wouldn't be a bad thing.

-Regards

I went for my medical on tuesday. Before we even got started Ms. Chestnut called me and 6 others who were there for medicals were told that the Aug 1st class was cancelled and wed be eligible for the aug 15th class. While we were there we were going to take another drug test. The guy at the lab actually recognized me after four tests. The results were in and im in for my medical on monday.

What is the real deal here? Others say the August 1st class was full, big

difference from being cancelled. Ms Juanita Chestnut is a reliable source

as her name has been mentioned on the forum several times.

Exam# 8006 Bus Opearator

List# 2950.5

Exam# 8094 Conductor

List# 8678

The 5025 list was bigger then the 8006 and they went through the entire

list despite a few hiring freezes. You will get the call but it's going to take

awhile. Why do you have the tank(N)endorsement on your CDL B? did you

take DSNY exam 6063? They plan on hiring "300" sanitation workers before

the start of winter.

That guy(Goldsmith)deputy mayor messed up big time last year, he should

have been given the boot, but he was hired by Bloomberg, and his people

have teflon status, nothing bad can happen to them.

As for cash on the side, try CL's labor gigs, you have a car so that is a plus.

You don't even need any skills, as a helper on a moving job you can

make $15.00hr+tips, but it's not steady work, but at least it's some money

in your pocket. Hang in there guys.

Just an update. So I took my drug test on July 20th. Okay cool. I could dig it. Got called in for the medical, on July 26th to come in for July 27th. Cool i could dig that too........Being sworn in as a Bus Operator after a long tedious day. Priceless. The feeling is a very fulfilling feeling. I report to Zerega on August 15th. I thank God, cause he put me in that position and if you pray and if he wills it, it will be for you too. The nurse who cleared me for the medical was really nice. My interviewer was very nice also. Failure ain't an option for me at this point. I want this so I'm going to get it.

Archived