BMT/IND Train Arrival Boards

R110B

Wirelessly posted via (Nokia1680c-2b/2.0 (06.22) Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Post All info here about the b division arrival boards.

What ever happend to the testing of 8th av line?

Its a big division, Ive seen other lines other than 8Av have the equipment just cant remember where. Its not gonna spread as quickly as it did in the IRT, where the system was overhauled from the ground up just for those boards (and other long-term cost cutting procedures).

Its a big division, Ive seen other lines other than 8Av have the equipment just cant remember where. Its not gonna spread as quickly as it did in the IRT, where the system was overhauled from the ground up just for those boards (and other long-term cost cutting procedures).
they do plan too have some what of a PA CIS system up on the N R D M lines at a few stations not all and not any time soon they will use the old already in place systems. it will not be on the level as the IRT lines at all, just a alert system, ill see when they think they will have that in place and what stations

Im still wondering when QBL will get them. I know the (7) will get them when CBTC is installed.

What I don't understand is why arent the BMT/IND boards like the IRT ones with the bullet and destination? I think it would make more sense to have the route bullet there.

Im still wondering when QBL will get them. I know the (7) will get them when CBTC is installed.

What I don't understand is why arent the BMT/IND boards like the IRT ones with the bullet and destination? I think it would make more sense to have the route bullet there.

1, the QBLine wont have them till 2013 and the bdivison system pa/cis is based off track info not specific trains themselves so it would be train arriving 2 stations away on the Local track.

2, vs. the IRT who has ATS(auto train supervison) thats why the IRT has each train in exact time how long the # trains will be from that station.

1, the QBLine wont have them till 2013 and the bdivison system pa/cis is based off track info not specific trains themselves so it would be train arriving 2 stations away on the Local track.

2, vs. the IRT who has ATS(auto train supervison) thats why the IRT has each train in exact time how long the # trains will be from that station.

thank you for that, i couldnt have said it any better myself. the IRT will be the only one with the PA CIS that works like that, showing the train and where its going the BMT and IND wont have it like that it will just say theres a exp or lcl train 2 stations away but not what train it is

the (L) has the same style ones.

the (L) has the same style ones.

To a certain extent. The (L) uses CBTC and the signs show the next 2 trains and where they're exactly at (mostly, about a minute off though)

At Myrtle-Wyckoff, they have these 3 screens (2 on the platform, 1 by the token booth) that show exactly where every train is on the entire line

To a certain extent. The (L) uses CBTC and the signs show the next 2 trains and where they're exactly at (mostly, about a minute off though)

At Myrtle-Wyckoff, they have these 3 screens (2 on the platform, 1 by the token booth) that show exactly where every train is on the entire line

but they arent as good as the ATS system at all there never off really at all

Wirelessly posted via (Nokia1680c-2b/2.0 (06.22) Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

the (L) was rushed thats why it was off in arrival and they had teething issues with cbtc and ato.

They fixed the bugs in the system (mostly) and there's a big difference between the 2...

In the ATS system, they tell you how far away the train is based off of how far away it is from a certain signal. So basically if a train is held at a signal, the countdown clock will still show the same time since the train hasn't moved at all.

Now the ones on the (L) is based off the actual nearest train to the station so in a way its more accurate. But then again, not all technoligy is perfect so every system hs their fair share mistakes

the (L) was rushed thats why it was off in arrival and they had teething issues with cbtc and ato.

yea i know and they still havent done it rite at all its not on the level of the IRT

yea i know and they still havent done it rite at all its not on the level of the IRT
will the (M) boards for the pa/cis are gonna beon the outside prtion of the line or the inside portion?

will the (M) boards for the pa/cis are gonna beon the outside prtion of the line or the inside portion?
i dont know if they will do it like that as of yet but im sure they will do it because it is helpful but not 100% on that system yet its still a work in possess.

well any new info would be appriciated when you get it.

Unfortunately in the short term period, most of the (M) line stations is not getting the countdown clocks yet. The (J) and (Z) lines will have it in selected stations in the next year or so, unless MTA needs someone (cough)Bloomberg(cough) to write a blank check and they can finish all 300+ subway stations with the system running.

Relied heavily on the outdated on the old black box info in the station mezzanine.

Unfortunately in the short term period, most of the (M) line stations is not getting the countdown clocks yet. The (J) and (Z) lines will have it in selected stations in the next year or so, unless MTA needs someone (cough)Bloomberg(cough) to write a blank check and they can finish all 300+ subway stations with the system running.

Relied heavily on the outdated on the old black box info in the station mezzanine.

do you know which stations?

do you know which stations?
this is for all that are looking forward too the countdown clocks on the B div, the stations that are planed too have them will not have them until 2012 some stations do have it but its not running ATS or CBTC, so that means the train cant be ID so it will just be like the ones at 145th 125th 59th st if your in that area and seen them thats what its going too be. what would be a plus is the announcements for delays and or service changes on the weekends and weeknights, thats really all they will have, not like the A div

Im fine with basic and not expecting them to be like the a div. As long they are on thats fine with me.

Archived