NY Daily News Reporter tries to get a Manhattan-based 'yellow' cab to get to the outerboros

Shortline Bus

^^ thanks Joel...

My trademark whenever some cabbie come at me w/ some funny s***.... is, I get out the car... and leave the door wide open.... when they speed off & hit another car w/ his door swingin... lol... the ultimate revenge...

I don't have to close your door...

...but splatterin food all up in his ride... is also classic !

Lol. All taxis are rip offs. Those out of town peeps dont know any better. And the ones who are scared to take the subway/bus hit those jerks. They are the exact same way in Philadelphia. The ones in Philadelphia most of them are from Ghana West Africa mudafuka LMAFO!!!!

Wow I gotta say that's a lot further than I'd go with a homeless guy, but good on you. I should do that some time. You figure when you have a guy asking for food he truly needs it, whereas you give a homeless man money and (sad to say it) there's a pretty good chance you just bought him a beer. [Not always though.]

There's this guy who's been on my street for years and years, I know him so well by now I'll just talk to him without giving him money, etc. Poor guy's been on the street for as long as I can remember, and yet he knows his stuff. Actually had a bit of political discussion with him once, pretty fascinating to be talking to a homeless guy about that. He's an old guy too, must be in his 60s. There're definitely good people on the street, and whenever I'm feeling generous (read: not broke) I try to give whatever change I've got to them.

--

This was a taxi discussion, right? Ah well.

I don't think he was homeless from the way he looked. He was just hungry and broke. At first I answered him real snappy and basically cut him off before he had the chance to ask me anything. Then he got all emotional and I'm like "Ohhh boy, here we go," but then I was thinking alright give the guy a chance. Maybe he's not really BSing, so I heard him out and told him I'd take him to get some food and he was extremely grateful.

As a kid, when I'd go out with my mom she would do that kind of stuff. My dad on the other hand, forget it... He'd probably curse them out, which I've done a few times as well. lol

They're annoying over there at the Port Authority. They see you getting bus tickets and automatically try to hit you up for cash. This one dude was like "Sir, I know I don't know you, but..." and I cut him off and said "Yeah, and that's exactly why you shouldn't be talking to me." :P lol

Whether you like it or not there will always be yellow cabs in nyc. And yes i dont always make it back to the garage on manhattan fares only. You can get someone going to 135 n broadway from the village and you might be 5-10 minutes late if you got 'em at 4:45am but if you had a flatbush and empire blvd at the same time you would be a half hour late easy making you pay a late fee depending on the garage. I dont discriminate because i go everywhere. SI, BK, BX, QNS, Jersey, and upstate. With the official rate book there is no need to rip people off. The other towelheads and punjabs do that s**t and it screws up all the others who do the job right... Just from an honest cabbies point of view. You can make over $100k if you know the fastest and shortest routes, timing the lights, and knowing where to go. Tips are simple: if you're cheap, you're cheap. If you thought I got you there safely and efficiently, Thank you. No one is forcing you to tip. And using the race card on me F**K Off! Im latin so Im a minority too. Useless cop out.

Who needs taxis when we have buses and trains for $2.25? :)

True. However even if you don't have a car if you 1)doing big groceries or shopping 2)going to one of the '3' area airports the taxis then come in handy.

I don't think sometime you want to have '5' bags of groceries on the (E) train or (B46)bus in middle of rush hours.

Archived