School bus driver fired for flying Confederate flag from truck; 'I'm a redneck. It's a way of life.'

Harry

Just because there are some racists, doesn't mean the entire group is the same. You don't generalize a group of people because of the actions of a few. The same with Muslims, just because all of the terrorists on 9/11 were muslim, would it be fair to say Muslims as a whole are a threat?

But after 9/11, I certainly don't take anything for granted...

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:facepalm2.giffacepalm2.giffacepalm2.giffacepalm2.gif Please explain what makes this guy a tea partier?

I am not a supporter of almost all of the Tea Party platforms. With that said being fair it's just FG just making a comment true or nor. Then when he challenged when it's untrue he remains silent in responding as usual.

Being fair, just like any other groups of people, the Tea Party almost certainly has racists. So does everyone from the Democratric Party i.e late US Senator and former KKk member Robert Byrd as well. Point of matter until it's proven you can not assume anything.

Well yeah, but it doesn't mean if you see a muslim/dark skinned person you yell 'terrorist'. I wouldn't go about my life like that. Point stands [use whatever example you want] that you should not generalize a group based on the actions of a few. That's all I'm saying.

But I will give an extra look if see some guy with one of those things on his head and it will be in the back of my mind. When the terrorist attack took place in Spain, I was in Europe at the time and it was a crazy scene.

As a Westerner, I don't trust them because they're out to attack the West and our values and they've made that very clear. They can't expect people to just forget when they're constantly in the news committing terrorist attacks. They gloss over the attacks and point to the radicals, but that's the whole problem. They don't do enough to make folks have a different image of Muslims. Instead they just expect us to excuse the radicals and keep looking the other way because it's not them and they don't try to really integrate into our society, which only helps to keep this "dark" persona around them. The problem with them is you may think "Oh this guy is cool," and then next thing you know he's in the news for plotting an attack.

Now I do have few Arabic acquaintances who I think are good folks overall and love this country and such, but you just never know and the more attacks happen, the harder it is for folks to look the other way. That you have to admit. Perhaps if they weren't so closed and secretive acting people would have a different perception of them, but they tend to stick with their own kind and not let outsiders in, so it's hard to get to know who they really are under those circumstances.

But I will give an extra look if see some guy with one of those things on his head and it will be in the back of my mind. When the terrorist attack took place in Spain, I was in Europe at the time and it was a crazy scene.

As a Westerner, I don't trust them because they're out to attack the West and our values and they've made that very clear. They can't expect people to just forget when they're constantly in the news committing terrorist attacks. They gloss over the attacks and point to the radicals, but that's the whole problem. They don't do enough to make folks have a different image of Muslims. Instead they just expect us to excuse the radicals and keep looking the other way because it's not them and they don't try to really integrate into our society, which only helps to keep this "dark" persona around them. The problem with them is you may think "Oh this guy is cool," and then next thing you know he's in the news for plotting an attack.

Now I do have few Arabic acquaintances who I think are good folks overall and love this country and such, but you just never know and the more attacks happen, the harder it is for folks to look the other way. That you have to admit. Perhaps if they weren't so closed and secretive acting people would have a different perception of them, but they tend to stick with their own kind and not let outsiders in, so it's hard to get to know who they really are under those circumstances.

If a terrorist is going to attack their country, they're not going to look Muslim or have anything that would draw attention to him. Look at all of the people that were caught or attacked this country. They all looked like you and me, wearing business suits, blending in. If anything, they want you to look at someone who has that muslim cap on (I forgot the name) because it makes it easier for them to blend in.

Hell, look at the 9/11 hijackers: All wearing business casual suits.

London bombers: Looked like college aged backpackers

The underwear bomber: Business suit

Don't waste your time looking at the dude in the head wrap.

If a terrorist is going to attack their country, they're not going to look Muslim or have anything that would draw attention to him. Look at all of the people that were caught or attacked this country. They all looked like you and me, wearing business suits, blending in. If anything, they want you to look at someone who has that muslim cap on (I forgot the name) because it makes it easier for them to blend in.

Hell, look at the 9/11 hijackers: All wearing business casual suits.

London bombers: Looked like college aged backpackers

The underwear bomber: Business suit

Don't waste your time looking at the dude in the head wrap.

And that's exactly why we should be on alert. Folks crying racism and etc. etc. are just trying to tip toe around the truth. I still haven't forgotten all of the "non-terrorists" that were cheering on TV on 09/11... How quickly we forget and want to look the other way.

Vis a vis political correctness, even with his truck, in my opinion, it should be A-OK, athough in 20 states (but not NY), the employer can set restrictions on off-duty conduct like that (and it has been upheld by the courts); I am not sure if Oregon's law works like that.

So, before I crucify him, I want to know First Student's policy.

Neither did the discussion of Muslims and terrorism.

Just saying.....

My original point about Muslims was an example of using individuals to sterotype an entire group like how someone in this thread lumped this guy in with the Tea Party. That then snowballed when others went in depth about that issue, which was not my intent.

Archived