Five Boroughs Bus Trip

EE Broadway Local

Have you ever planned, started or did a Five Boroughs Bus Trip using connecting buses only to visit each borough in a single day or even a weekend? Would it be a good idea to start in The Bronx and end in Staten Island or, maybe, better to start in Queens and end in Manhattan?

I plan to do seven counties only using buses via SIF

Starting Point: Flushing-Main St

N20/N21 to Great Neck

N57 to Great Neck

Q50 to Pelham Bay Park

W45 to New Rochelle

W42 to 233rd St

Bx39 to Pelham Parkway

Bx12SBS to Fordham Plaza

Bx15 to 125th St/2nd Av

M15 SBS to South Ferry

S51 to S53, to B37 to B54 to Q58 LTD to Q72 home.

It wasn't planned, but after I went back & analyzed one of my old trip logs when I did, I realized, I took at least one bus in every borough....

As to where to start, I would think it would be in a borough furthest away from you... which for me, would be the bronx....

so basically, if I were to plan such a trip, it would go something like...

the bronx, to queens, to manhattan, to SI, then back home w/i brooklyn...

Starting Point: Flushing-Main St

N20/N21 to Great Neck

N57 to Great Neck

Q50 to Pelham Bay Park

W45 to New Rochelle

W42 to 233rd St

Bx39 to Pelham Parkway

Bx12SBS to Fordham Plaza

Bx15 to 125th St/2nd Av

M15 SBS to South Ferry

S51 to S53, to B37 to B54 to Q58 LTD to Q72 home.

Ive done it before!!! several times

so basically, if I were to plan such a trip, it would go something like...

the bronx, to queens, to manhattan, to SI, then back home w/i brooklyn...

That would be one hell of a trip. I been on most of the Bronx Bus routes some Queens, some Brooklyn and some Manhattan.

But to ride all of the bus routes it would take a long time and would have to be done one boro at a time.

If I were to ride through all five boroughs, I'd most likely start off in Ridgewood with the Q58 (it's in Brooklyn), take it to Flushing for the Q50, take that to Co-Op City for the Bx12 +SBS, take that to Inwood (walk to the M101 at 191st Street and Saint Nicholas Avenue) and take it to Astor Place, then walk to Union Square for the (4)/(5) to Atlantic Avenue and take the B63 to bay Ridge, and take the S79 to Staten Island and call it a day!

A good while back, I tried doing 8 (suffolk, nassau, queens, brooklyn, manhattan, bronx, westchester, rockland) and gave up after the first 5.... got a headache as I was on the M103 (IINM), then did an about face & took the 4 back to brooklyn....

^^ that was back when I used to do trips straight through, w/o eating, taking breaks, etc....

now what I like to do when I go on these things, is, walk about the areas to get a "feel" for where I'm at....

I feel as if, my interest/focus has shifted a bit as I've gotten older, as I do these trips (also notice I'm goin on less of 'em)... from the actual rides on the buses themselves... to the areas I'm actually goin to....

guess it's a subconscious way of surveying where the heck I might wanna move to, if I get sick of NYC enough... lol...

---------------

edit:

checked back... yep, the M103...

whole thing went, LIRR Patchogue, S40, N19, N4, Q24, B60, B39, M103, (4)

Opps! I meant B63 or B70 instead of B37.

I also plan to follow NYC Marathon Route

S53 to 86th St (R)

Take any 3rd or 5th Av bus to Downtown Brooklyn

B38 Limited to Nostrand Av

B44 to Williamsburg Bridge

B62 to Long Island City

Q32/Q60/Q101 to 2nd Av 59th-61st Sts

M15SBS to 1st Av/125th St

Bx15 to 138th St

Bx33 to 5th Av

M1 to 57th St

M31/M57 to 8th Av

M20 to 66th St

A good while back, I tried doing 8 (suffolk, nassau, queens, brooklyn, manhattan, bronx, westchester, rockland) and gave up after the first 5.... got a headache as I was on the M103 (IINM), then did an about face & took the 4 back to brooklyn....

^^ that was back when I used to do trips straight through, w/o eating, taking breaks, etc....

now what I like to do when I go on these things, is, walk about the areas to get a "feel" for where I'm at....

I feel as if, my interest/focus has shifted a bit as I've gotten older, as I do these trips (also notice I'm goin on less of 'em)... from the actual rides on the buses themselves... to the areas I'm actually goin to....

guess it's a subconscious way of surveying where the heck I might wanna move to, if I get sick of NYC enough... lol...

---------------

edit:

checked back... yep, the M103...

whole thing went, LIRR Patchogue, S40, N19, N4, Q24, B60, B39, M103, (4)

I did the same thing but with a combo of train and bus. I had no problems though except with some westchester rtes.

Archived