*STATUS* of ANY and ALL NYCT projects for MSTS

Cion

Fellas please post the status of all projects youre working on.

What's going on with the routes?

I'm making the subway, Lirr, and Metro North trains, but we need routes for them. I don't mind if it's fictional as far as rights and lefts, just have proper spacing between stations and the correct station names.

I'll even be making the Path trains (is someone working or willing to do the route for that?) I know WOS has that but it's NOT MSTS and since I owned it, full of bugs.

Other than making the trains, I'm willing to help with building extras needed for any route. I plan on making buildings etc that reflect NYC ex: Empire state building etc. Anyone working on these route or any special trains please post and/or PM me.

I'm currently working on the R40 Slant which is in texture phase. I will make a custom cab and interior view. Photos can be seen at my site http://www.trainzoneonline.com

Only a handful of people here use MSTS, while the majority use Trainz. That's why you would see more people making routes for Trainz.

The process for creating a route in MSTS seems way too complicated to grab anyone's attention, whereas in Trainz all you would have to do is click on one button. The real MSTS professionals are the ones you should expect to build Metro-North and PATH routes.

I have to make decision on whether to continue building for MSTS or another simulator. I don't care for Trainz personally. Its too toyish, does Trainz even have cabviews? I like OpenBVE but it's not MSTS and is either compatible with Raildriver?

I don't want to make trains for a sim no one will make routes that uses the trains I'm making. There are a couple of subway routes now, but they can be updated. I want to make buildings etc to make MSTS subway routes more realistic...however I need others who are interested.

This also goes for Lirr and metro north routes. Path train as well.

Trainz is only "toyish" when no one cares to look for decent content. I've seen some seriously high derailed content for Trainz just by looking around on the forums. Right now we are making a full set of NYC Subway content that will use top-notch texturing, some of which you will see in the NYCTA Pics thread. And yes, Trainz has cabviews. It probably wouldn't be a simulator if it didn't.

You'd be surprised of the hundreds of people waiting for the Metro-North/LIRR routes/trains for Trainz. I'm telling you, all you have to do is ask around.

I was speaking more on the stop and go operation. I haven't tried the latest version on Trainz but the one I have tried when I stop the train (didn't matter which one) it basically stopped on a dime. That's what I meant about being toyish. The acceleration etc just didn't seem real. I also didnt like the switching process.

Are there actual routes to be followed in Trainz? Can i make a route from one location to the next to be completed?

Can i use raildriver?

It's been a LONG time since I've looked into Trainz and the materials that have came overtime.

Fellas please post the status of all projects youre working on.

What's going on with the routes?

I'm making the subway, Lirr, and Metro North trains, but we need routes for them. I don't mind if it's fictional as far as rights and lefts, just have proper spacing between stations and the correct station names.

I'll even be making the Path trains (is someone working or willing to do the route for that?) I know WOS has that but it's NOT MSTS and since I owned it, full of bugs.

Other than making the trains, I'm willing to help with building extras needed for any route. I plan on making buildings etc that reflect NYC ex: Empire state building etc. Anyone working on these route or any special trains please post and/or PM me.

I'm currently working on the R40 Slant which is in texture phase. I will make a custom cab and interior view. Photos can be seen at my site http://www.trainzoneonline.com

Great job can't wait for it to be released and its good that the R40 is your first nycta model

I was speaking more on the stop and go operation. I haven't tried the latest version on Trainz but the one I have tried when I stop the train (didn't matter which one) it basically stopped on a dime. That's what I meant about being toyish. The acceleration etc just didn't seem real. I also didnt like the switching process.

Are there actual routes to be followed in Trainz? Can i make a route from one location to the next to be completed?

Can i use raildriver?

It's been a LONG time since I've looked into Trainz and the materials that have came overtime.

Raildriver) Yes

train performance) That seems to be normal for the Trainz subway cars. It's as if the braking system is a mix between an R9 and a SMEE train with a nasty release delay.

I've seen some seriously high derailed content for Trainz just by looking around on the forums.

Okay, who decided to try to play Train Operator here? :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to operate trains on the new MSTS expected for release next year. This new MSTS is safe & will work on Windows Vista & 7. The new version will have A LARGE selection of MTA trains including M8s, R142s, R110As & many more. I did not take any screen shots but I can tell you the new MSTS will be worth the wait.

Archived