Can R142s and R142As mix?

CTK246

That mixed R160 consist in the movies I saw sound like a Washington, DC Metrorail train when taking off/accelerating. Also, the R32s and R42s can interoperate and trainline together, especially now more than ever since combined in civilian passenger service, there are 272 in service since 8 more R32s have been converted to organ donors like the 14 R42s at 207th which are also organ donors to the other R42s

Now, another huge question I have, and Im sure in can work on the B division main Line except the Eastern Div. Can the R160 5-car sets interoperate/trainline with a 4-car R160 set, like, on the Rockaway park Route, the F, N, R, E, B, D, Q, A? I'm sure that's possible and you'd have a 9-car R160 Trainset!

[

Now, another huge question I have, and Im sure in can work on the B division main Line except the Eastern Div. Can the R160 5-car sets interoperate/trainline with a 4-car R160 set, like, on the Rockaway park Route, the F, N, R, E, B, D, Q, A? I'm sure that's possible and you'd have a 9-car R160 Trainset!

All R160s, be it A-1, A-2, or B cann all operate with each other. The only difference is just some are in apirs of 4 and some are in pairs of 5

• 8 years later...
1 hour ago, R68ACTrain said:

Hey, what about R42, R40S, R40A, R40M, and R38 can all mix as a 10 car set for any IND and BMT Broadway Lines. Let me know which line can succeed the most with that during their time.

Once apon a time that was more or less regular. Now we don't do it because of the 75 ft cars coming in by the 1980's.

By the way I just realized this was a necropost.

Archived