Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
CTK246

Can R142s and R142As mix?

That mixed R160 consist in the movies I saw sound like a Washington, DC Metrorail train when taking off/accelerating. Also, the R32s and R42s can interoperate and trainline together, especially now more than ever since combined in civilian passenger service, there are 272 in service since 8 more R32s have been converted to organ donors like the 14 R42s at 207th which are also organ donors to the other R42s

Now, another huge question I have, and Im sure in can work on the B division main Line except the Eastern Div. Can the R160 5-car sets interoperate/trainline with a 4-car R160 set, like, on the Rockaway park Route, the F, N, R, E, B, D, Q, A? I'm sure that's possible and you'd have a 9-car R160 Trainset!

[

Now, another huge question I have, and Im sure in can work on the B division main Line except the Eastern Div. Can the R160 5-car sets interoperate/trainline with a 4-car R160 set, like, on the Rockaway park Route, the F, N, R, E, B, D, Q, A? I'm sure that's possible and you'd have a 9-car R160 Trainset!

All R160s, be it A-1, A-2, or B cann all operate with each other. The only difference is just some are in apirs of 4 and some are in pairs of 5

Hey, what about R42, R40S, R40A, R40M, and R38 can all mix as a 10 car set for any IND and BMT Broadway Lines. Let me know which line can succeed the most with that during their time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, R68ACTrain said:

Hey, what about R42, R40S, R40A, R40M, and R38 can all mix as a 10 car set for any IND and BMT Broadway Lines. Let me know which line can succeed the most with that during their time.

Once apon a time that was more or less regular. Now we don't do it because of the 75 ft cars coming in by the 1980's.

By the way I just realized this was a necropost.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain