Ridership help; Data on Manhattan Local Bus and Queens Express Routes.

qjtransitmaster

Notice I said non-SI routes.

Why do they do that?

As for using the LIRR as an alternate, not everyone works within walking distance of NYP and thus would need another MetroCard.

But the same could be said for the Brooklyn express buses. X27/X28 and the BM riders are usually not going to use the subway coming home based on where those express buses go and the fact they simply don't want to deal with the transfers and the subway and riff raff.

Regarding your other statement about the LIRR, that's also very correct. The express buses generally go places that work better with those who are using it.

But the same could be said for the Brooklyn express buses. X27/X28 and the BM riders are usually not going to use the subway coming home based on where those express buses go and the fact they simply don't want to deal with the transfers and the subway and riff raff.

Regarding your other statement about the LIRR, that's also very correct. The express buses generally go places that work better with those who are using it.

NOT QM3!!! it's queens segment (EXCEPT little neck parkway) COMPLETELY is walking distance from the LIRR!!!!!! you still havent explained the need for QM3 only its manhattan segment is useful untill QM3 gets trapped in traffic It is worse than BXM4.

Is there any demand for the BXM4??? let alone ridership?? I saw an almost empty woodlawn bound BXM4 on the madison ave bridge!!!! PLZ explain that route. I think the BXM4 needs to lose grand concourse and hit the bruckner!!!! bronx river is faster and it would cut travel time and even allow merging with BXM4C without pissing the fools who still use that bus!!!!

NOT QM3!!! it's queens segment (EXCEPT little neck parkway) COMPLETELY is walking distance from the LIRR!!!!!! you still havent explained the need for QM3 only its manhattan segment is useful untill QM3 gets trapped in traffic It is worse than BXM4.

Is there any demand for the BXM4??? let alone ridership?? I saw an almost empty woodlawn bound BXM4 on the madison ave bridge!!!! PLZ explain that route. I think the BXM4 needs to lose grand concourse and hit the bruckner!!!! bronx river is faster and it would cut travel time and even allow merging with BXM4C without pissing the fools who still use that bus!!!!

Both can provide relief on the train system... Not everyone loves the LIRR and I've used it when it can be quite crowded, so the QM3 is good for that purpose. Second, why would we need to explain its usefulness in Queens when we've already noted that its Manhattan segment is useful???? That's the whole point. If you live in Queens and travel to a part of Manhattan that is easier to get to and from then clearly you'll use the QM3 unless you prefer the LIRR and don't mind having to make additional connections after commuting on it.

The BXM4 can provide relief for the subway and serves 5th & Madison Avenues accordingly.

Both can provide relief on the train system... Not everyone loves the LIRR and I've used it when it can be quite crowded, so the QM3 is good for that purpose. Second, why would we need to explain its usefulness in Queens when we've already noted that its Manhattan segment is useful???? That's the whole point. If you live in Queens and travel to a part of Manhattan that is easier to get to and from then clearly you'll use the QM3 unless you prefer the LIRR and don't mind having to make additional connections after commuting on it.

The BXM4 can provide relief for the subway and serves 5th & Madison Avenues accordingly.

actually I take that back even the manhattan segment is useless if ya get off on 6th ave and along 34th street. Plus when east side access is complete even segments north of 40th will become useless. Like I said WHO WOULD TAKE A RELIEF ROUTE THATS $5.50 AND SLOWER?????? and twice as expensive per month for half the speed!!!

actually I take that back even the manhattan segment is useless if ya get off on 6th ave and along 34th street. Plus when east side access is complete even segments north of 40th will become useless. Like I said WHO WOULD TAKE A RELIEF ROUTE THATS $5.50 AND SLOWER?????? and twice as expensive per month for half the speed!!!

Those who prefer the express bus. It's not the end of the world. I take the express bus everyday expecting traffic and give myself an extra 30 - 40 minutes. Today there was traffic in NJ and by the Lincoln Tunnel. Did I care?? No, because I was sleeping the whole time and I still got to work 20 minutes early.

Those who

A. Prefer the Express Bus

B. Who live near the Express Bus

C. WANT to take the Express Bus.

D. Who dont want to pay a lot for LIRR and their unreasonably high fares.

Those who

A. Prefer the Express Bus

B. Who live near the Express Bus

C. WANT to take the Express Bus.

D. Who dont want to pay a lot for LIRR and their unreasonably high fares.

When I mentioned BXM4 and BXM4C that is bronx that has nothing to do with LIRR which is LI based I know the LIRR part was referringg to the QM3!!!!!

The BXM4 was the rte I was blasting and it has alternatives that are faster but I would like ridership data on the BXM4 plz.

Hey, if people wanna pony up the $5.50 for a cozy ride and peace of mind, then so be it. I don't need such luxuries but if it's raking in the dough for MTA, then all the power to them! End of story! Too much bullshit is bad for you, kids!

Not even close the QM18 and QM3 have a high cost per rider higher than other express buses can I get a chart for the BXM4 PLZ. A board guy said that rte lost money. An BXM11 driver told me the BXM4 was a crap rte. So that was why I blasted it so hard. and qm3 only has 3 trips

When I mentioned BXM4 and BXM4C that is bronx that has nothing to do with LIRR which is LI based I know the LIRR part was referringg to the QM3!!!!!

The BXM4 was the rte I was blasting and it has alternatives that are faster but I would like ridership data on the BXM4 plz.

It's the same thing with the BXM4! I said in the previous post that both the QM3 and the BXM4 provide alternatives to the train. For the QM3 it's the LIRR.

For the BXM4 it is the subway and MetroNorth, both of which can suffer from overcrowding during the rush hour.

BXM4, QM3 and QM18 and x63/64 and QM21 what are their costs to operate per passenger how efficient are they???

Look it up on the MTA website... I don't see the point though. We've already explained the use of these express buses so it's a moot point.

The X63 and X64 serve areas of Queens that are far from the subway so they are needed as part of network coverage. The same is pretty much true of the QM21 and the BXM4 has already been discussed.

Look it up on the MTA website... I don't see the point though. We've already explained the use of these express buses so it's a moot point.

The X63 and X64 serve areas of Queens that are far from the subway so they are needed as part of network coverage. The same is pretty much true of the QM21 and the BXM4 has already been discussed.

I asked for a reason!!!!! I only believe in efficiency!!!!! if inefficient it gets modded simple as that I know the point of express bus but those particular rtes I mentioned had little purpose I was however curious about X63/64 and QM21 as if 63 and 21 were merged they would erase their duplicative segments while maintaining their unique segments that dont copy. Plus I am not stupid I can see a rte that is wasteful by looking at its structure!!!!! there is hidden logic behind the routes and my comments give me the link ok

BXM4, QM3 and QM18 and x63/64 and QM21 what are their costs to operate per passenger how efficient are they???

Here is a spreadsheet with NYCT data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aha-LfXMlWNBdGplTGJUVm9oZ25DT3JLRWRjbzZkT2c#gid=1

Last year, the X63 had an operating cost of $12.78 and a total cost (which is related to administrative costs of $24.28.

The X64 had an operating cost of $11.69 and a total cost of $22.20.

Weekday ridership was 750 on the X63 and 450 on the X64.

Here is a spreadsheet for last year's MTA Bus data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aha-LfXMlWNBdHd4QkhLRF92cURWNWdSbzNfSjJwWWc&hl=en#gid=2

(The first number I say will be the operating cost, the second number will be the total cost, and the third number will be the ridership:

BxM4A/B:

Weekdays: $17.67, $32.69, 572

Saturdays: $24.19, $44.76, 149

Sundays: $21.57, $39.91, 140

QM3: $13.13, $24.29, 132

QM18: $16.35, $30.24, 273

QM21: $9.75, $18.03, 606

@Via Garibaldi: They had them on the MTA website, but removed them after a few months. The only reason I was able to get these was because somebody saved them as a Google Doc.

Here is a spreadsheet with NYCT data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aha-LfXMlWNBdGplTGJUVm9oZ25DT3JLRWRjbzZkT2c#gid=1

Last year, the X63 had an operating cost of $12.78 and a total cost (which is related to administrative costs of $24.28.

The X64 had an operating cost of $11.69 and a total cost of $22.20.

Weekday ridership was 750 on the X63 and 450 on the X64.

Here is a spreadsheet for last year's MTA Bus data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aha-LfXMlWNBdHd4QkhLRF92cURWNWdSbzNfSjJwWWc&hl=en#gid=2

(The first number I say will be the operating cost, the second number will be the total cost, and the third number will be the ridership:

BxM4A/B:

Weekdays: $17.67, $32.69, 572

Saturdays: $24.19, $44.76, 149

Sundays: $21.57, $39.91, 140

QM3: $13.13, $24.29, 132

QM18: $16.35, $30.24, 273

QM21: $9.75, $18.03, 606

@Via Garibaldi: They had them on the MTA website, but removed them after a few months. The only reason I was able to get these was because somebody saved them as a Google Doc.

For two trips a day on the QM3, thats a pretty decent number.

I asked for a reason!!!!! I only believe in efficiency!!!!! if inefficient it gets modded simple as that I know the point of express bus but those particular rtes I mentioned had little purpose I was however curious about X63/64 and QM21 as if 63 and 21 were merged they would erase their duplicative segments while maintaining their unique segments that dont copy. Plus I am not stupid I can see a rte that is wasteful by looking at its structure!!!!! there is hidden logic behind the routes and my comments give me the link ok

There's no hidden logic anywhere. If the LIRR goes down for those with the option, they'd be screwed if they stopped the express bus, so as an express bus rider who understands the importance of the service for those who rely on it daily, I support these routes staying.

Archived