I saw something so strange today..

trainmaster101

How would the local buses need more room? It's the same 2x1 or 1x2 seating arrangements as it has always been [unless it's an ex-PBL bus where it's a 2x2 seating]. So width is not the problem. I do agree that the overhead bar should be lower to hold on to.

The problem with the new low floor buses are people refusing to move to the back of the bus and still crowding around in the front. And with the kids [after school is done] taking the back, I don't blame some people for not wanting to go there either.

New local buses with more room! The friggin' next generation buses look cool, but they're narrow as hell. There is nowhere to stand w/out banging into someone. :mad:

For that reason alone they need to create something like a newer version of the RTS but more modern of course. They had those 1300s which they had out briefly testing and then pulled them. Wasn't too wild about the design of those but the look roomier than the latest buses out.

Blame the low-floor design- The wheel wells and high floor sections make standing room pretty much... annoying

How would the local buses need more room? It's the same 2x1 or 1x2 seating arrangements as it has always been [unless it's an ex-PBL bus where it's a 2x2 seating]. So width is not the problem. I do agree that the overhead bar should be lower to hold on to.

The problem with the new low floor buses are people refusing to move to the back of the bus and still crowding around in the front. And with the kids [after school is done] taking the back, I don't blame some people for not wanting to go there either.

The back of the bus on certainly lines is where the riff raff is, so people normally prefer to avoid that area. On the newer buses it's also weird to stand when you're standing on steps and such.

New local buses with more room! The friggin' next generation buses look cool, but they're narrow as hell. There is nowhere to stand w/out banging into someone. :mad:

For that reason alone they need to create something like a newer version of the RTS but more modern of course. They had those 1300s which they had out briefly testing and then pulled them. Wasn't too wild about the design of those but the look roomier than the latest buses out.

We are getting 40' versions of the LFS that are used on the M15 and Bx12 +SBS lines:

NovaBusLFS0055DemobusatBowlingGreen.jpg

NovaBusLFS0055DemobusatBowlingGr-1.jpg?t=1300578999

These are coming next. The design inside and out is rad...looks tons times better than the DesignLine and Orion's NG/3Gs. Castleton (ugh!) will be getting the first batch, bus nos. 8000-8029. These pwn. I hope we get a ton-load of them in the long run.

We are getting 40' versions of the LFS that are used on the M15 and Bx12 +SBS lines:

NovaBusLFS0055DemobusatBowlingGreen.jpg

NovaBusLFS0055DemobusatBowlingGr-1.jpg?t=1300578999

These are coming next. The design inside and out is rad. Castleton (ugh!) will be getting the first batch, bus nos. 8000-8029. These pwn. I hope we get a ton-load of them in the long run.

Nice shot! :cool: :tup:

Yeah, the idea of Castleton getting more new buses makes me cringe too since they do practically nothing to keep them in good shape maintenance wise and cleaning wise. If anything those should be given to Yukon or better yet Charleston since they have absolutely no new buses to speak of. :(

Yukon has 40+ NGs and 80 O5s and Charleston has all O5s, and the NGs can't go to Charleston because the facility isn't equipped for the hybrids (I don't know the exact story but they can't support them at the moment).

Yukon has 40+ NGs and 80 O5s and Charleston has all O5s, and the NGs can't go to Charleston because the facility isn't equipped for the hybrids (I don't know the exact story but they can't support them at the moment).

That depot was delayed a good year or so from opening. You would think they would've thought about this when they were preparing for it to open. :eek:

Don't forget Ulmer. I mean it's nice they have an all RTS local fleet, but they need new buses asap. Some of them rattle like crazy over every little dips in the road. They need some tlc.

Ulmer Park is after Castleton. They will receive 8030-8059.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

They already have that scheme in place for the most part. They just have the blue strip on the sides with the numbers and (MTA) logo.

On the buses that are getting the new scheme/are being delivered the blue stripe is literally a big blue sticker...the bus is technically all white

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

On the buses that are getting the new scheme/are being delivered the blue stripe is literally a big blue sticker...the bus is technically all white

Hopefully they can get the blue stripe to match. If you notice the blue is always darker when they used to repaint them than when they originally received them. B)

Archived