Two years ago today

LRG

Isn't FlushingExpress a guy who wears women's cowboy boots? :eek:

Anyways I liked the R38's better than the R32 because they were a little quieter thanks to the GE traction motors and the so-called hat where the destination sign used to be located at the top front of the car. I rode them many times in my life on the (A) and (C).

Isn't FlushingExpress a guy who wears women's cowboy boots? :eek:

Anyways I liked the R38's better than the R32 because they were a little quieter thanks to the GE traction motors and the so-called hat where the destination sign used to be located at the top front of the car. I rode them many times in my life on the (A) and (C).

I heard he carries a "handbag" around with him too..SMGDFH!!!!!

I easily thought the R38s could have went on a few more months, probably until the end of Spring of that year. Ah well it is what it is.

the last R38's have been retired already!? noooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i never got to ride them! why why! why could the mta leave them be. the R38's were the best cars ever why!! we'll miss you R38's R.I.P

R38 forever!!!!

r38.jpg

R38 classic in service

You mean to tell us you're passing yourself off as a NYCT railfan, yet you thought the R38's were still running till you just found out in this thread they're retired for over 2 years now?

img_5093.jpg

R38s and Slants unite! Where's KR for this???

Can someone just label him [under his name] NTT foamer? I mean really.... stick a proverbial knife into the car while at it?

LOL! Totally agreed :tup:

Unfortunately I never got into photography by the time the R38s had retired, but the experience beats the photos by far.

To Flushing Express:

If people like to remember the R-38s then let them be. There's nothing wrong with remembering them, right? Your post goes off topic by bringing up rail-fans and the R-160s being under appreciated. You definitely wouldn't have this approach when we remember the R-32s when they retire.

Just saying!

Archived