Today's Adventure with Subway/Bus- 3/18/11

FamousNYLover

I got on front car #2070 on Flushing-bound (7) departed Junction Blvd @ 8:44, arrive Flushing-Main St at 8:52.

I rush to N20/N21 bus stop and I got signature from bus riders who want to save Long Island Bus.

After few Long Island bus left, I went to station and it was chaotics.

Train on northside track was express, than they announce center was express one, but due to manufacture problem, look like express got suspended for few minutes.

I stay on center one on front car #1671 on Times Sq-bound (7) departed 9:28, arrive 74th St-Broadway @ 9:40.

I rush downstair to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av where I got on front car #8433 on Metroplitan Av-bound (M) departed 9:43, which I made very good move after asking platform c/o if he was going to Lobby Day and he said yes.

During ride, I saw (F) passed by and arrive 5th Av-53rd @ 10:00.

Next, I got on Harlem-bound M1 #6899 departed Madison Av/53rd St @ 10:08, arrive Madison Av/83rd St @ 10:21.

After I attend Japanese Museum Hightlight tour at 11:15 at Metropolitan Museum of Art, I went to public cafeteria for lunch.

During my lunch break, I walk around Guiter Hero to make sure no one was taking picture at special exhibition which is private collection, and went back eating while charging my cell phone at cafeteria hidden behind the food plate.

I left museum around 1400, and at 79th St/5th Av, there was wheelchair waiting for bus. After wheelchair boarded bus Yorkville-bound M79 #5602, bus departed 14:51, and arrive 79th St/3rd Av @ 14:57.

I rush out front door to Yorkville Library and I got lucky to see PC Appointment for Computer #2 was 3:30pm, so I got internet and print petition message for MTA Long Island Bus, print out 9 pages of petition chat I made which total was $1.50 (since 15 cent per page)

After I finish, I exit computer and rush to 2nd Av/79th St and got receipt for M15 SBS.

I got on South Ferry-bound M15SBS #1233 departed 15:33.

In some point Traffic Agent boarded the bus and ask B/O about bus camera.

At 57th St, SBS riders entering via front door are showing receipt to Traffic Agent! LOL!

At 49th St, he got off.

42nd St, only two passenger was confuse.

Even 34th St. I gave one of confuse Chinese lady, Chinese brochure.

Then I got off at Allen St/Houston St @ 16:09.

I got on front car #9303 of Coney Island-bound (F) departed Lower East Side-2nd Av at 16:12, arrive Jay St-MetroTech at 16:19.

I was lucky and got on front car #5834 on Far Rockaway-bound (A) departed 16:24, arrive Far Rockaway-Mott Av @ 17:14.

Next, I walk to Central/Mott Avs and I got signature from N31/N32/N33 bus riders.

Then, I walk down to Beach 20th St/Seagirt Blvd where couple of guys signed petition.

Then, I went to Plainview Av/Beach 20th St and wait for few minutes. After NYPD car passed by, there was no sign of bus, so I walk to Beach 19th St/Plainview Av, so I could take either Q22/N31/N32/N33 to subway station.

I got on Far Rockaway-bound N33 1833 departed 18:44, arrive Far Rockaway Bus Terminal @ 18:47.

I J-cross across Beach 19th St and Mott Av, rush to Central/Mott Avs and I got signature from riders there while I wait for Q113 Limited to come.

I got on Jamaica-bound Q113 Limited #3514 friendly B/O departed Mott/Central Avs @ 19:04, arrive Archer Av/160th St @ 19:40.

There was huge line for N4 bus and I got signature from many N4 riders. After crowded N4 bus left, I got more signature and I hit Jamaica Center station.

When I went to front end of platform, one of employee at command center recognized me.

I got on front car #9593 of World Trade Center-bound (E) #9593 departed 20:06, arrive Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av/JFK Airpot @ 20:07.

I got on West Farms-bound Q44 Limited #4187 departed Archer Av/Sutphin Blvd @ 20:16, arrive Kissena Blvd/Main St @ 20:44.

I rush to Roosevelt Av/Main St and got signature from some N20/N21 riders and hit Flushing-Main St station again.

I got 178 signatures so far.

Then I rush to front car #1657 on Times Sq-bound (7) departed 20:53, arrive Junction Blvd @ 21:00.

Went home and THE END.

you didnt listen yes you will get many signatures from them on those buses but those signatures hold the least power

The ones with the most power are the unlikely ridders that can be gained by high gas prices.

I got on front car #2070 on Flushing-bound (7) departed Junction Blvd @ 8:44, arrive Flushing-Main St at 8:52.

I rush to N20/N21 bus stop and I got signature from bus riders who want to save Long Island Bus.

After few Long Island bus left, I went to station and it was chaotics.

Train on northside track was express, than they announce center was express one, but due to manufacture problem, look like express got suspended for few minutes.

I stay on center one on front car #1671 on Times Sq-bound (7) departed 9:28, arrive 74th St-Broadway @ 9:40.

I rush downstair to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av where I got on front car #8433 on Metroplitan Av-bound (M) departed 9:43, which I made very good move after asking platform c/o if he was going to Lobby Day and he said yes.

During ride, I saw (F) passed by and arrive 5th Av-53rd @ 10:00.

Next, I got on Harlem-bound M1 #6899 departed Madison Av/53rd St @ 10:08, arrive Madison Av/83rd St @ 10:21.

After I attend Japanese Museum Hightlight tour at 11:15 at Metropolitan Museum of Art, I went to public cafeteria for lunch.

During my lunch break, I walk around Guiter Hero to make sure no one was taking picture at special exhibition which is private collection, and went back eating while charging my cell phone at cafeteria hidden behind the food plate.

I left museum around 1400, and at 79th St/5th Av, there was wheelchair waiting for bus. After wheelchair boarded bus Yorkville-bound M79 #5602, bus departed 14:51, and arrive 79th St/3rd Av @ 14:57.

I rush out front door to Yorkville Library and I got lucky to see PC Appointment for Computer #2 was 3:30pm, so I got internet and print petition message for MTA Long Island Bus, print out 9 pages of petition chat I made which total was $1.50 (since 15 cent per page)

After I finish, I exit computer and rush to 2nd Av/79th St and got receipt for M15 SBS.

I got on South Ferry-bound M15SBS #1233 departed 15:33.

In some point Traffic Agent boarded the bus and ask B/O about bus camera.

At 57th St, SBS riders entering via front door are showing receipt to Traffic Agent! LOL!

At 49th St, he got off.

42nd St, only two passenger was confuse.

Even 34th St. I gave one of confuse Chinese lady, Chinese brochure.

Then I got off at Allen St/Houston St @ 16:09.

I got on front car #9303 of Coney Island-bound (F) departed Lower East Side-2nd Av at 16:12, arrive Jay St-MetroTech at 16:19.

I was lucky and got on front car #5834 on Far Rockaway-bound (A) departed 16:24, arrive Far Rockaway-Mott Av @ 17:14.

Next, I walk to Central/Mott Avs and I got signature from N31/N32/N33 bus riders.

Then, I walk down to Beach 20th St/Seagirt Blvd where couple of guys signed petition.

Then, I went to Plainview Av/Beach 20th St and wait for few minutes. After NYPD car passed by, there was no sign of bus, so I walk to Beach 19th St/Plainview Av, so I could take either Q22/N31/N32/N33 to subway station.

I got on Far Rockaway-bound N33 1833 departed 18:44, arrive Far Rockaway Bus Terminal @ 18:47.

I J-cross across Beach 19th St and Mott Av, rush to Central/Mott Avs and I got signature from riders there while I wait for Q113 Limited to come.

I got on Jamaica-bound Q113 Limited #3514 friendly B/O departed Mott/Central Avs @ 19:04, arrive Archer Av/160th St @ 19:40.

There was huge line for N4 bus and I got signature from many N4 riders. After crowded N4 bus left, I got more signature and I hit Jamaica Center station.

When I went to front end of platform, one of employee at command center recognized me.

I got on front car #9593 of World Trade Center-bound (E) #9593 departed 20:06, arrive Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av/JFK Airpot @ 20:07.

I got on West Farms-bound Q44 Limited #4187 departed Archer Av/Sutphin Blvd @ 20:16, arrive Kissena Blvd/Main St @ 20:44.

I rush to Roosevelt Av/Main St and got signature from some N20/N21 riders and hit Flushing-Main St station again.

I got 178 signatures so far.

Then I rush to front car #1657 on Times Sq-bound (7) departed 20:53, arrive Junction Blvd @ 21:00.

Went home and THE END.

i have an idea for long island bus but i dont think the mta will listen neither will you guys but here it is.

its just an outline of the plan.

in the recent budget cuts the mta wants to focus on long island bus because its jst a subsidary division like green bus lines triboro coach and so forth. the mta runs jointly operated bus routes with the westchester bee line bus. example: bxm4a so instead of just cutting and slahing through bus lines which would eliminate service to the hempstead medical center and transit center. why not jointly operate long island bus? i mean westchester bee line has enough money to fund at least half of long island bus. the long island bus service would be divided into 2 divisions. the mta would operate every li route west of hempstead while bee line would operate the eastern buses east of hempstead. its better than slashing services that children need to use to get to school and elderly that have to go to the hospital in hempstead. the mta budget cut or doomsday budget cut shows that the city of hempstead will be the most affected by the budget cut. many routes that will be cut travel directly in and around hempstead. one budget cut problem is paratransit. the mta plans to cut one of the most important paratransit routes that runs from hempstead to the hempstead medical center. the mta really does not care because they have money to but cars and drivers to take them to paces but the elderly can barely get on the bus as it is. long island bus can not be reduced. other routes that will be cut travel to the hempstead lirr terminal which means lirr commuters will not be able to take bus service to get to their homes. the mta says its much easier to turn every bus route into van routes which is crazy. can you imagine riding a van with 20 other people. the mta what needs to do is stop focusing capital plan projects on projects that might not even be complete but hopeless. the mta needs to refocus on the li bus. they spent the majority of the money on buying buses for long island bus. the old long island bus fleet was fine. those orion iv and v buses were still young. nut the mta wanted style more than reliable service. thats why i propose a contract between the mta long island bus and bee line bus. this contract will last 20 years with the li buses running in a joint operation with the bee line mta and nassau county transportation department. as i said the bee line will run all eastern buses and the mta runs the western routes while the nassau county transportation department runs the central routes. now your probably asking about suffolk county transit but suffolk county representative say that right now suffolk county running long island bus is out of the question. so the 2 options either try to convince the mta into not cutting so deeply into long island bus. privatize the bus lines or run with bee line. suffolk county says when the doomsday budget cuts arrive they'll begin talks with long island bus.

if i did not clarify things enough please tell me to fix it. if you have any questions post them on the thread. :( oh and i wish i could sign the save the long island bus petition because i really like long island bus

Archived