bus operator or conductor

sealteam1962

And for the record, I never once said that being a C/R is an easy job. All I said was that it was easier than being a B/O. A B/O serves as both the "condcutor" and the "T/O" of the bus. In contrast, a C/R shares responsibilities with the T/O. The B/O is completely on their own with no help.

I'm done Donald it's not worth debating with you. Because you saw one person do that doesn't mean all do it. And I never said it was not possible. WHat I'm trying to get you to understand is the conductor job is not easier or harder than the bus operators job. But I already explained my self many times over so I won't repeat myself anymore. I will agree to disagree with you.

I'm done Donald it's not worth debating with you. Because you saw one person do that doesn't mean all do it. And I never said it was not possible. WHat I'm trying to get you to understand is the conductor job is not easier or harder than the bus operators job. But I already explained my self many times over so I won't repeat myself anymore. I will agree to disagree with you.

You should have finished the debate long ago...you were talking to a brick wall!

If they are on an express train and it's a long ride to the next stop, what else are they going to do?

They would be "responsible for the safe, timely and proper operation of the Transit Authority's trains," and they would also "interact with the Train Operator, Supervision and the Control Center when necessary," and they also "make reports of unusual occurrences," amongst other tasks.

Considering your legacy status, I'm surprised that you didn't already know that. I was also under the impression that you took the most recent O/C Conductor exam, in which case you should have read the quoted excerpts above in the vacancy notice for the exam. However, you might be defending your argument because you're practicing for your career as a lawyer, an occupation that you had previously claimed to be more productive and important to society than a train conductor.

The B/O is completely on their own with no help.

If that's the case, than you'd make a phenomenal bus operator - you're on your own with the statements that you make, and I don't see you ever getting any help from anyone.

What are the sources of information that you base your comments on? Some of the things that you've posted make me wonder if you just make things up as you go along or if you're just incredibly misinformed.

They would be "responsible for the safe, timely and proper operation of the Transit Authority's trains," and they would also "interact with the Train Operator, Supervision and the Control Center when necessary," and they also "make reports of unusual occurrences," amongst other tasks.

Considering your legacy status, I'm surprised that you didn't already know that. I was also under the impression that you took the most recent O/C Conductor exam, in which case you should have read the quoted excerpts above in the vacancy notice for the exam. However, you might be defending your argument because you're practicing for your career as a lawyer, an occupation that you had previously claimed to be more productive and important to society than a train conductor.

Also to add to your post, a C/R is in charge of the train not the T/O. Anything that goes on wrong with the train, the C/R has to deal with. The C/R is always constantly interacting with the passengers, keeping in contact with the Train Dispatcher for any issues or to receive updates of any situation down the line and inform the T/O. C/Rs also do construction flagging for contractors. Not only are they then responsible for the safety of themselves while on the roadbed but of their fellow co-workers and contractors as well.

You should have finished the debate long ago...you were talking to a brick wall!

Your right, I have been wasting my time with this guy. I thought that maybe at some point he would get it and actually learn something from me or other members of this forum.

Also to add to your post, a C/R is in charge of the train not the T/O. Anything that goes on wrong with the train, the C/R has to deal with. The C/R is always constantly interacting with the passengers, keeping in contact with the Train Dispatcher for any issues or to receive updates of any situation down the line and inform the T/O. C/Rs also do construction flagging for contractors. Not only are they then responsible for the safety of themselves while on the roadbed but of their fellow co-workers and contractors as well.

Absolutely correct. However, I quoted only those tasks listed on the 8094 vacancy notice, specifically those that a conductor would do between station stops on an express run.

Someone witnessed one out of several thousand conductors with a newspaper while he or she was working a train. Who cares? I saw a metallic silver VW today somewhere at some time. That doesn't mean that every VW in the world is that same color.

I never said conductors don't take any abuse. WHat I Said was that it was an easier job. WHen a train pulls out of the station, the condcutor's job is done. A B/O, however, is responsible for the bus from the second it leaves the depot to the second it pulls back in. The B/O has no breaks. A condcutor, however, can read the newspaper in between stations (and yes, I've seen them do it).

B/O's get a 20 minute meal break, and they also get 10 minute personals

which they have to call in first to let them know that they are going to take one.

You are going to have health issues like kidney problems if you don't

get to go the bathroom for 8-11 hrs during your shift.

B/O's get a 20 minute meal break, and they also get 10 minute personals

which they have to call in first to let them know that they are going to take one.

You are going to have health issues like kidney problems if you don't

get to go the bathroom for 8-11 hrs during your shift.

C/R's lay their newspapers on the cab floor like a puppy being housebroken.

But as far as things that actually happen, would some type of delay like an accident or road work shorten a B/O's meal break time?

Archived