1402 Delta-Stilwell

2 Train Master

Today was a horrible commute home.Of course shit happens but the stupidity by the crew messed up the railroad.The 1402 Delta experienced door problems at 59th St today and was in 59th for at least 10-15min preventing the (A) to cross tracks b\c of clearance issues so that train backed up (A) service.My train was stuck at the homeball before 59th St for about 12min.I think it was car 2712 or 2512 it had door problems so the C/R couldn't get it closed.After a while and reports via radio it was time to discharge and get the hell out.It took about 10min to discharge the whole train b\c the ass hole C/R closes down and that forces everyone to move from car to car couple of hundred people to exit out one car.That's the dumbest thing ever the C/R could had made the announcement about the train is OOS every1 would had got off and then the C/R should had closed down and the T/O checks the front and C/R checks the back and clear to go.But it didn't happen like that.That screwed the railroad backing up (A) & (D) service all the way to W4.Wouldn't it had been smart if the C/R kept all doors open to discharge and savetime and any1 left could had ben keyed out by the crew? Or that's how they have to discharge a train?

And the crew got written up by several other crew mainly from the (A) b\c as I was at 207th taking photos I heard and saw crew with the reports/complaint papers about what happened.

What the heck is a 1402 Delta?

1402 is the time. 14:02 aka 2:02, and Delta is (D).

Sounds like one hell of a commute. I personally would have opened the doors for a bit, then keyholed everybody else that got trapped. Much more efficient if you ask me.

1402 is the time. 14:02 aka 2:02, and Delta is (D).

Sounds like one hell of a commute. I personally would have opened the doors for a bit, then keyholed everybody else that got trapped. Much more efficient if you ask me.

Exactly.And mind you the (:P is not serving the Bronx at that time so about 95% of the passengers were going along the Concourse Line.Lets say about 50-60ppl/car x 8= 400-500 people on the train and every single person goes out one door b\c the C/R decides to close down the whole train how smart is that moving from car to car everyone squeezing out the crippled door.That's why they got written up by several crews.

What the heck is a 1402 Delta?

The time the train is scheduled to leave its terminal. Ex: The Taking of Pelham 123. 123 = 1:23, the time the train has left its terminal.

Nickname for the (D). Other lines have a given nickname that the TA use.

Someone can better explain this.

The time the train is scheduled to leave its terminal. Ex: The Taking of Pelham 123. 123 = 1:23, the time the train has left its terminal.

Nickname for the (D). Other lines have a given nickname that the TA use.

Someone can better explain this.

1:23 = 1:23 AM lol they use 24-hour time (hence why 1402)

its not just the MTA that uses these names; they are used in other places as well lol

Im trying to figure out how did he get the call letters of the Delta train in question and how he heard so much of the radio conversation.

BTW IAWTP...

Probably was all up the conductors wazoo or with his ear against the door. Some people just dont know when to chill out and be patient.. 12 minutes? Cmon dude...15 or even 20 minutes isnt that long to be all perturbed and making a post about it and call it such a horrible commute

Im trying to figure out how did he get the call letters of the Delta train in question and how he heard so much of the radio conversation.

BTW IAWTP...

I see....

The 1402 Delta

Police.gifSir, can you step over here for a second?Police.gif:P

Probably was all up the conductors wazoo or with his ear against the door. Some people just dont know when to chill out and be patient.. 12 minutes? Cmon dude...15 or even 20 minutes isnt that long to be all perturbed and making a post about it and call it such a horrible commute

No he has the right to be a bit livid, yes but people who havent worked a day in RTO calling out Crews for mistakes just makes me laugh...

Today was a horrible commute home.Of course shit happens but the stupidity by the crew messed up the railroad.The 1402 Delta experienced door problems at 59th St today and was in 59th for at least 10-15min preventing the (A) to cross tracks b\c of clearance issues so that train backed up (A) service.My train was stuck at the homeball before 59th St for about 12min.I think it was car 2712 or 2512 it had door problems so the C/R couldn't get it closed.After a while and reports via radio it was time to discharge and get the hell out.It took about 10min to discharge the whole train b\c the ass hole C/R closes down and that forces everyone to move from car to car couple of hundred people to exit out one car.That's the dumbest thing ever the C/R could had made the announcement about the train is OOS every1 would had got off and then the C/R should had closed down and the T/O checks the front and C/R checks the back and clear to go.But it didn't happen like that.That screwed the railroad backing up (A) & (D) service all the way to W4.Wouldn't it had been smart if the C/R kept all doors open to discharge and savetime and any1 left could had ben keyed out by the crew? Or that's how they have to discharge a train?

And the crew got written up by several other crew mainly from the (A) b\c as I was at 207th taking photos I heard and saw crew with the reports/complaint papers about what happened.

I bet you were riding for free with your school pass........

Maybe when you grow up you can become a c/r and see if you can do better. That train was not there too long at all and you are blaming a mechanical problem on the crew. Typical misinformed know-it-all-passenger. Since you weren't even there, rather on a following train, you don't know what really went on. It takes time to just walk the the door in question and try to cut out the door. 59 has a car inspector. Was he on the scene? If he were, it's his "breakdown" and not the c/r's problem. After he is told to discharge, they have to make sure everybody is off. People bitch and take their time getting off.

Furthermore, crews do not write up other crews, I don't know where you got that idea from in your head. Supervisors write up crews for breaking rules!

If you don't like it, ask mommy for taxi fare.

Um you know im a T/O right?

I said How did he get the call letters(By what means)..

Pay attention youngun....:P

I was talking about 2 Train Master when I did the police thing. That's why I added that part of his post in that quote.

Archived