1402 Delta-Stilwell

2 Train Master

2 Train Master's lack of knowledge is quite stunning to say the least. 10-12 minute delay is actually the norm for a failed door operator. I guess I shouldn't mention that it's standard procedure to close down the bad half of a train when inspecting a bad door.

Im trying to figure out how did he get the call letters of the Delta train in question and how he heard so much of the radio conversation.

BTW IAWTP...

Well, to answer your question on how he got call letters and how he heard the radio conversation...

RadioShack sells scanners that allow the user to listen in on government frequencies, such as police, fire, and transit. They can't transmit, though, and are legal in New York.

Im trying to figure out how did he get the call letters of the Delta train in question and how he heard so much of the radio conversation.

BTW IAWTP...

I was on the train out the Rock and the T/O had the door cracked and the radio was loud and I always sit by the T/O cab in the 2 seaters for the disabled 1.To preserve for disabled b\c a lot of times people will see and won't give a crap. & 2.My stops exit is by the 1st car.So I heard everything I wasn't ear hustling putting my ear to the door or peeping I was just sitting.The call letters was said and repeated soooo many times.

I bet you were riding for free with your school pass........

Maybe when you grow up you can become a c/r and see if you can do better. That train was not there too long at all and you are blaming a mechanical problem on the crew. Typical misinformed know-it-all-passenger. Since you weren't even there, rather on a following train, you don't know what really went on. It takes time to just walk the the door in question and try to cut out the door. 59 has a car inspector. Was he on the scene? If he were, it's his "breakdown" and not the c/r's problem. After he is told to discharge, they have to make sure everybody is off. People bitch and take their time getting off.

Furthermore, crews do not write up other crews, I don't know where you got that idea from in your head. Supervisors write up crews for breaking rules!

If you don't like it, ask mommy for taxi fare.

Of course I was going home.Why would I buy or use a regular metrocard when students who live more than 10blocks from school get a Student Metrocard.I ain't rich:(

I'm blaming the crew b\c of how the discharge was done.It was a no brainer and worst the c/r was ashamed and embarassed that he wasn't responding to the radio after the discharge when the train was on the move.I mean why the hell would the C/R close the train down and every1 has2 move from car to car to the crippled door.That's retarded.Just let everyone out and 1-2min later close down and anyone left could had been keyed out.My point was,was this done wrong as discharging.Not only the (D) was in there for 10-15min it backed up (A) service.

I always sit by the T/O cab in the 2 seaters for the disabled 1.To preserve for disabled b\c a lot of times people will see and won't give a crap.

Oh wow thats so noble of you to defend the elderly and disabled. Youa re a real stand up guy. I commend your choice to defend the priority seating.

Oh wow thats so noble of you to defend the elderly and disabled. Youa re a real stand up guy. I commend your choice to defend the priority seating.

Thanks but it pisses me off on a crowded train people will look at that person stupid expecting someone else to giveup a seat.So I ALWAYS offer my seat to a pregnant,elderely,disabled or guy/women with a baby.

And if those seats are not available I will stand by that area or preserve another seat for people b\c I really don't need to sit I mean I'm in school and about 10-12 min a day in school I'm walking except gym b\c I'm sitting on my ass in class.

I was sitting in a normal seat (no priority seating) one time, and there was this old lady who boarded the bus. She just comes over to me and says "Get up!" expecting me to give up my seat to her. Simply, I just refused to and then she starts the bitching. Then I said that if she asked me politely, I would've given my seat to her. But normally, I would give my seat up to the kind elders.

Thanks but it pisses me off on a crowded train people will look at that person stupid expecting someone else to giveup a seat.So I ALWAYS offer my seat to a pregnant,elderely,disabled or guy/women with a baby.

I agree you with here! Bus wise when im driving I make sure the elderly gets the front seats! I just cant stand it when someone doesnt give up there seat. Its just another one of the rules of life ppl forget.

I was on the train out the Rock and the T/O had the door cracked and the radio was loud and I always sit by the T/O cab in the 2 seaters for the disabled 1.To preserve for disabled b\c a lot of times people will see and won't give a crap. & 2.My stops exit is by the 1st car.So I heard everything I wasn't ear hustling putting my ear to the door or peeping I was just sitting.The call letters was said and repeated soooo many times.

OK got you BTW Even though i disagree with a part of your post i do commend you for looking out for those who need the seat...

Threads bitching about "waaah my train was late today" really need to go off this site. They contribute nothing.

Well there's nothing wrong with posting them, it's a question of your presentation of the problem and who you blame. Or don't blame anybody at all. I've made some posts about problems with the (D) train over the past week and have found out important information, including the fact that the problem in question has needed to be rectified for years and that most people agree with what I had to say. We also went over the economics of the operation as well as other technicalities and reasons why the (D) train and its passengers suffer right now while those on lines with a similar setup are better off (politics).

Blaming employees is not a great idea because it's the authority's cliche and it's not wise to adopt this incredible asset-covering, liability-fearing mentality of theirs when you don't have to. They scrutinize employees to cover their assets because the whole country is about liability. That's just how it is. If you're not a worker of the system (and on the inside) every day your opinion doesn't carry much weight and those who are in the system will lash out against you, for better or for worse.

Um you know im a T/O right?

I said How did he get the call letters(By what means)..

Pay attention youngun....:)

maybe he had a radio scanner. he is a train buff and many buffs have radio scanners. but they are rarely used to listen to subway comm. maybe the conductor or operator had the door open. when i'm on the <5> i here the dispatchers voice coming from inside the operators cab and the driver talking back. either he was in the first car next to the operators cab or in the fifth car next to the conductors cab. or maybe he had a radio scanner. or maybe like he said he heard the crews talking at 207th and the got the info from there. either way i agree how did he get the letters. :eek::eek:

Nobody has really answered the OP's question about discharging procedures, even if the answer is "sorry, can't tell you". The action of having a rush hour train fully discharge its passengers out of one car seems illogical to those on the "outside", is there a reason this was done?

Also, in order to hear radio chatter, you don't even need to be up against the c/r's or t/o's door if the radio's loud enough. I've heard radio chatter standing by the first side doors from the operating position, with the cab doors closed. And when command wants to get a crew's attention, don't they call out the call letters of the train (eg. "1402 Delta, 1402 Delta, do you copy?")?

you have never had a scanner? i do not have one but i thought every train buff had one :confused::confused::confused:

Nope. Never do I plan on getting one. Why is it your business listening to radio frequencys anyway? Besides, how would I look walking around w/ that thing?

maybe he had a radio scanner. he is a train buff and many buffs have radio scanners. but they are rarely used to listen to subway comm. maybe the conductor or operator had the door open. when i'm on the <5> i here the dispatchers voice coming from inside the operators cab and the driver talking back. either he was in the first car next to the operators cab or in the fifth car next to the conductors cab. or maybe he had a radio scanner. or maybe like he said he heard the crews talking at 207th and the got the info from there. either way i agree how did he get the letters. :eek::eek:

I already stated where I was.And I do not have a radio scanner.Nor have I saw or heard about that.Also when the C/R was communicating with the passengers via PA his radio was loud or must've been close b\c I'm sure everyone heard the call letters or something involving a Delta at 59.He would speak and would cut out b\c of radio messages being heard and his voice so it was hard and unclear but when he got a break or whatever he got the message through.

Nope. Never do I plan on getting one. Why is it your business listening to radio frequencys anyway? Besides, how would I look walking around w/ that thing?

i would never have one but some people put it in their back pocket or inside there jacket so nobody see them listening. i think its wrong having scanners because what good is having it? it only takes out the fun of fanning. you will know when the train is going to go by or when something happens it takes out the anticipation.

you'd look like a transit employee..the way i've seen some people carry theirs around you'd deadass think they work for transit lol

Archived