Fulton TC progress news.

Kamen Rider

Can they make that date? N:( .

Wow dude, hang on. It's not always easy to make a date, but June 2014 seems doable to me. I'm pretty sure that if things go like they go now, they can easily make it by that date (or maybe even 1-2 months earlier).

I always felt this new Fulton Transit Center was a waste. The (MTA) had already done major works at this complex in the early/mid-1990's.

I am fully aware this was monies from 9/11 congressional funding awarded by the feds.

This project should have been much more smaller scale. The only monies needed was improvements to the platforms to the (2) and (3) and (A) and (C) lines. And a walking transfer between Fulton TC and the Corlandt ®/WTC Path would had been much more cheaper.

Yet dozens of stations such as *cough* almost all of the Bronx (D) stations and Sea Beach (N) stations have not been fixed up in decades.:P

Just my takes.

@Shortline Bus: But good things are happening as well:

"This fall the southbound platform of the Cortlandt Street R Station will be reopened, restoring a vital link in Lower Manhattan to residents, businesses, and visitors alike."

Wow dude, hang on. It's not always easy to make a date, but June 2014 seems doable to me. I'm pretty sure that if things go like they go now, they can easily make it by that date (or maybe even 1-2 months earlier).

Dude, almost all the mega projects completion dates is so useless. They are never on time. Giving a completion date is a joke. They are rushing it to make the deadline and then some SURPRISE problems occurred suddenly..(cough)NEW South Ferry station(/cough)

Dude, almost all the mega projects completion dates is so useless. They are never on time. Giving a completion date is a joke. They are rushing it to make the deadline and then some SURPRISE problems occurred suddenly..(cough)NEW South Ferry station(/cough)

Look at the WTC.....should have been done by now...

Look at the WTC.....should have been done by now...

Kinda apples to oranges. With the WTC, you had the families still claiming the enitre 16 acre site should've been a 'graveyard' and the PA still struggling to get tennants to fill up the floor space [which to replicate the total floor space of the entire complex post 9/11 would be pretty much impossible]. What the PA should've done from the start was to build towers 2-4 east of Greenwich street. 1 WTC as symbolic as it is, is not really needed.

Kinda apples to oranges. With the WTC, you had the families still claiming the enitre 16 acre site should've been a 'graveyard' and the PA still struggling to get tennants to fill up the floor space [which to replicate the total floor space of the entire complex post 9/11 would be pretty much impossible]. What the PA should've done from the start was to build towers 2-4 east of Greenwich street. 1 WTC as symbolic as it is, is not really needed.

This is NYC. 99% of all major construction jobs here always seem to finish 'late.' Sad to say but true.:)

is it true that the transit center is going to have island platforms so you can switch from one train to the other with out walking through complicated hallways? you know you can switch from the (5) to the (J) across the platform know what im saying? just like Queensboro plaza. is it going to be like that. or will we still have to walk through complicated mezzanines and hallways?

i saw a preview the (MTA) showed on fox 5 on how the station was going to look like when they first introduced the fulton street transit center project to the public. the preview showed that all tracks where connected by island platforms with walkways overhead to make transfer much more easier. but then again that was concept art.

is it true that the transit center is going to have island platforms so you can switch from one train to the other with out walking through complicated hallways? you know you can switch from the (5) to the (J) across the platform know what im saying? just like Queensboro plaza. is it going to be like that. or will we still have to walk through complicated mezzanines and hallways?

they'd have to rearrange too many tracks, if that was even a reasonable idea.

Archived