Greetings From The I Man

The I Man

Hi everyone. I have been a fan of the New York City Transit System since the age of 4 when my Grandfather took me on a Myrtle Ave Elevated Line Ride the year before it closed in 1969. I also post occasionally post on Sub Chat although that board needs more moderation to stop the constant negativity and Flame Wars. I posses a Masters in Civil Engineering from Polytechnic University and work in this field. On the job I need to sweat the details of my work. Outside of work, I will not engage in or reply to any argument regarding trivial matters. If someone wants to argue, for example that the last run of the R-9's was in 1980 and not the correct 1977, I won't argue about it. My slide collection numbers over 2000 as well as about 1000 slides taken by my Grandfather, which I will post on Dave Pirmanns site and possibly here. I am Divorced and have two children which keep me pretty busy. Anyhow thanks for allowing me to join and :cool:lets have some fun!

Yes a rode it with my grandgather at the age of 4. There is a picture of him sitting next to me on a rattan seat explaining to me how the Q Types were the last wooden cars remaing in serice in the United States. I remember asling him 'you mean that all the trains aren't as nice as this'? As for Subchat, I have great respect for Larry Fendwick, the owner of the site. You can tell that he is becoming burn't out running it as he rarely reefs posts anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived