Plz help took durg test for mta bus b\o on 3/8/2011

transit bx

Hi I'm new to this my name is gerald I took my drug test on 3/8/2011 to become a bus operator for mta bus company as of this day I still have not get a call back is it cause I have to wait until they clear all the other ppl that took exam 8008 ta until they get to me which my exam number is 2901 and my list number is 15 I'm nervous cause I have not got a call back is that normal to go on three weeks without a call I'm really trying to get out of connecticut transit in stamford to come to the city where I live in the bronx plz help asap

Well usually they take up to two weeks to get back to you if your urine checks out. I assume yours should be fine since you operate a bus in ct. Did you write your telephone number down correctly?. I guess you just gotta wait it out a little bit longer. I don't know if you can call them and see what's going on.

@ willbx yea I made sure both my house and cell number was right on that paper well I hope its because I have to wait it ou because I know other ppl was there from older exams like 8008 that's for ta b/s I'm on 2901 for mta bus company who knows I'm just ready to come to the city and do you know which depots pays more since its mta bus

So you want to pick work based on hours. I don't believe that specific depots have a great amount of runs working more hours than in other depots. Also they are cutting down on hours everywhere, although there should be time for somebody to save money from their current hours before they're forced to work fewer hours. I would honestly not pick for hours since it's not a 100% secure thing anymore. I have friends (operators) that are happy working as little as possible, so they don't worry about hours.

However, if you still want your hours I'd say go to a depot with local routes. More to choose from and more likely to have assignments that have you working more hours. No Bronx (well Eastchester is the only one) or Yonkers depot has local routes, just express.

College Point has many local routes and is right over the Whitestone. LaGuardia, which is also in northern Queens, has many local routes. Now you could also go deep in Queens but it's probably not worth it. Baisley Park only has five lines (4 local, 1 express) but their locals are long and have a lot of runs. JFK has a lot of locals and Far Rockaway has some.

In Brooklyn there's just the B100/B103 (B103 is limited only) in Spring Creek with five express lines. But again unless somebody tells you something I don't know, it's not worth it to go far away like that. I would just work in a close depot that has lines that I like to drive, but you said you wanted hours, so I recommend a depot with a lot of lines. Local/limited lines in particular since they put more hours/money on those than the express.

Wait, now based on what Locomotion posted it sounds like you're coming to OA, not MTA Bus.

Well if you want hours from OA I would just say work in the Bronx not Manhattan. Well if you want to work in Manhattan you could find your way around by looking for lines that get caught in super heavy traffic and pick those.

@ locomotive and @ liberty lines I really dnt care about the hrs as long as I get my foot in the door I just want to really know why is it about to be 3 weeks on tuesday that I aint get a call back and the exam 2901 was for oa but the guy told us that oa for that exam aint hiring until 2012 so we had a option to go for mta bus company which I put my name down for within 2weeks they call me for my drug test which was on 3 8 2011 so I was wondering what's going on I'm really trying to get out of ct transit since I live in the bronx so plz help

Thanks for that liberty I feel a lot better for that I guess lol so I'm guessing your with yonkers depot what depots starts off with the most and have the the most top pay and also what depot is reperent by twu that's the unoin I'm tryin to get wit

Nah I don't even work. I just know people. If I did drive I would have the title "bus operator" under my username like jmazz77. Like I said if you want hours (to make more money you have to work more hours), my suggestion is to think local not express. I'm pretty sure the local runs give you more hours than the express runs. There are also a lot more of them. Yonkers and Eastchester have no locals. College Point and La Guardia have a lot of locals, a lot of routes, and are just over the Whitestone. All these depots are TWU. And JFK, Far Rockaway, Baisley Park, and Spring Creek are way out there so they're probably not worth it.

Thanks and I feel much better today because I called mta h r today and they told me since I took my drug test on 3 8 2011 it may take up to 30days before I get a call back it seems weird for that long to get a call back but whatever I was also told mta bus company depots have different unions I'm trying to find out which one have which atu or twu is better

Thanks and I feel much better today because I called mta h r today and they told me since I took my drug test on 3 8 2011 it may take up to 30days before I get a call back it seems weird for that long to get a call back but whatever I was also told mta bus company depots have different unions I'm trying to find out which one have which atu or twu is better

I will tell you which one is better Union??? Do not go to ATU because they weak & TWU got more power than other Union in U.S. Why because im not a member of ATU for HART in Tampa,Florida and they don't do nothing for us and all they do just take Union Due Money & spend it.

Good Luck & they will call you soon.

David

Archived