Lexington/63rd and the Second Avenue Subway

Forest Glen

Yesterday, I took the subway for the first time in weeks. Before I got on the (E), I noticed that there was a poster (sorry, no link, I searched) that said that for the next year, the (E), (F), and (M) will face reroutes due to reconstruction of the 53rd Street tunnel and construction of a link from the Lexington/63rd station to the Second Avenue Subway. I'd still rather have a transfer to the (6), but at least there will finally be a transfer available at Lexington/63rd. Ridership will definitely increase at that station (and maybe even take a load off the (E) ).

Yesterday, I took the subway for the first time in weeks. Before I got on the (E), I noticed that there was a poster (sorry, no link, I searched) that said that for the next year, the (E), (F), and (M) will face reroutes due to reconstruction of the 53rd Street tunnel and construction of a link from the Lexington/63rd station to the Second Avenue Subway. I'd still rather have a transfer to the (6), but at least there will finally be a transfer available at Lexington/63rd. Ridership will definitely increase at that station (and maybe even take a load off the (E) ).

Sorry FG this topic was recently discussed in length. Link is below.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27516

Archived