Should airlines create separate sections for kids, larger fliers?

Shortline Bus

So the list of ideas is:

- fat people section

- young people section

- tall people section

- rich people section (first class)

- boring people section (business class)

I say we start a *** section, Muslim section, and Christian section as well.

[oops, apparently a person of the Jewish faith is a dirty word. wonder if goy is too]

sure..."separate but equal" right? that worked out the last time.

some people never learn their history. hell all of human history is the same stupid mistakes over and over again anyway.

sure..."separate but equal" right? that worked out the last time.

some people never learn their history. hell all of human history is the same stupid mistakes over and over again anyway.

This is an excuse IMO for the airlines to charge even more for their fares. And thus 'price out' many passengers including those like me on a 'budget.'

My Mom/sister live in Southern Calif.

Just charge extra for those who want more legroom, etc. My main issue is keeping fares affordable for almost everyone.

If not I guess 3-day trips on Greyhound will be my only other option down the road.:mad:

I say we start a *** section, Muslim section, and Christian section as well.

[oops, apparently a person of the Jewish faith is a dirty word. wonder if goy is too]

At first I thought you were being facetious, but then I tried to type *j*e*w* and got the ***

Is that form of censorship really necessary?

This is an excuse IMO for the airlines to charge even more for their fares. And thus 'price out' many passengers including those like me on a 'budget.'

My Mom/sister live in Southern Calif.

Just charge extra for those who want more legroom, etc. My main issue is keeping fares affordable for almost everyone.

If not I guess 3-day trips on Greyhound will be my only other option down the road.:mad:

Exactly. And the problem is people proposing things like this don't even think to realize THEY are the ones that would be negatively affected.

The cost of airfare should be based on space taken up in seats.

Carry on baggage should always be free, and 1 piece of checked luggage also free. After that, exponential (rather than logarithmic) increases in price per piece of luggage as the person brings more.

Food and drink on lengthy flights (>5 hrs), use of the in-seat entertainment, and bathroom use should always be free. Smoking should always be prohibited.

Exactly. And the problem is people proposing things like this don't even think to realize THEY are the ones that would be negatively affected.

The cost of airfare should be based on space taken up in seats.

Carry on baggage should always be free, and 1 piece of checked luggage also free. After that, exponential (rather than logarithmic) increases in price per piece of luggage as the person brings more.

Food and drink on lengthy flights (>5 hrs), use of the in-seat entertainment, and bathroom use should always be free. Smoking should always be prohibited.

Meals? On Jetblue and Southwest on 'lenghty flights' all I get is chips/crackers, drinks and if you lucky on rare occasion peanut better/jelly sandwichs in flight.:eek:

You pretty stuck buying $10 Sandwichs(ie Burgers, Chicken Breast Burger, etc)value meals from Mickey D's, Wendy's, Burger King or w/e the fast food joint at the airport you taking off from.

Meals? On Jetblue and Southwest on 'lenghty flights' all I get is chips/crackers, drinks and if you lucky on rare occasion peanut better/jelly sandwichs in flight.:eek:

You pretty stuck buying $10 Sandwichs(ie Burgers, Chicken Breast Burger, etc)value meals from Mickey D's, Wendy's, Burger King or w/e the fast food joint at the airport you taking off from.

I know what it is. I'm stating what it ought to be.

You're aware I was joking, I hope.

Of course. Just building on your sarcasm with more of my own.

I'd like to see Dr. Phil handle a kid screaming in public throwing fowl language at him and whatever else seems to be the standards for kids these days with their parents and see if he's not reaching for a piece of leather.

Thus a reason many of our kids in America are spolied brats IMO.:mad::tdown:

As long as it's not a Joe Jackson type beatdown,(Micheal Jackson's Dad) a spanking on occasion is a way for these kids to be taught a lesson. Too bad politcally correctness has made a parent giving a spanking look like child abuse.

FYI. Once on a flight from LAX-JFK overnight about 6 years ago, I had a young toddler sitting next to me w/ his MOM cry and scream for most of that overnight flight.:P

That kid only went to sleep in the last hour before we landed in NY.

I'd like to see Dr. Phil handle a kid screaming in public throwing fowl language at him and whatever else seems to be the standards for kids these days with their parents and see if he's not reaching for a piece of leather.

Just walk away. The worst thing you can do is feed a tantrum with action. Let the child stay there and throw a fit and go on your business. Eventually the child will catch up with the fear of being alone, and when the child catches up and calms down, pop that lil twat right in their mouth.

The way people misinterpret things they see I'd sooner lay the spank immediately and make the kid explain why he got the spanking than walk away and be accused of neglect. But the end result should be the same depending on how you go about it. The kid should end up with an understanding that acting out in public has consequences and its not to be done.

Archived