greetings

BklynBound

Hello Everyone, My first day on this blog just like to greet you guys as i am a new member...looking forward to blogging on here, i bring straight up positivity for all. I'm currently on da b/o list for TA...any info would be great, i def wouldnt be nervous to ask an questions nor answer thanks guys!!!!B)

You're the man for picking TA, even more if you pick in Brooklyn. I don't like OA or anything associated with it very much (unless it's the Bx12 SBS). But that's just my opinion.

I posted something a while back that should help you. http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=369449#post369449

As a rookie you may want to stick to Queens Village and Casey Stengel if you're one of these guys who really wants peace of mind since not much happens in those areas and the rookie status won't put you on dangerous lines. Out in those depots the worst you could pick is the boat (the run that finishes latest) on the Q12 or Q43 or Q46 probably. And that's just because they pick up a lot of people that have to pay at a single farebox and enter through a single door (thank goodness for the Select). Those Stengel/Village lines aren't really dangerous.

Brooklyn might be funny if you're a rookie; you'll be stuck with the B6, B8, B15, B35, B46 if you go work in Ulmer Park, Gleason, or Flatbush. Those 5 lines I listed get a little crazy. Especially the B15 and B35. I personally don't *think* I would mind/care since I'm used to what happens on this job but everybody is different. Also even if you start off in depots that don't have these lines you have to remember that if you don't do a "dangerous" line somebody else has to do it. And even if you get stuck with the boat on the B15 for example (that's the worst to me) you'll move up from that eventually.

There are also ramp lines these days. Long lines of buses waiting to pull in to their depots because of a shortage of shifters (bus operators that work inside the depot). Frustrating when you're on the line waiting and you just want to go home, but at least you get paid for all that waiting. Not every run pulls in, so if you get sick of them and you eventually get enough seniority to pick runs where you get relieved then do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived