Tension between bus depots?

Via Garibaldi 8

I know the B/Os appear to play all nice and everything, but is there any bad blood amongst depots?

My uncle once told me that he was driving somewhere in the city on a local line and another bus (an express bus I believe) came and blocked him in. He took note of it and the next time he saw the guy he came and blocked him in and sat there for a few lights to send him a message. :eek:

This morning I was on the X2 coming down Madison and there was a BM3 on the right side of us that just totally cut us off and the X2 B/O was hunking at the guy something fierce and they seemed to be jocking back and forth to see who could get in front.

Here in forums someone posted previously about issues between MTA Bus and MTA New York City Transit and I was just wondering if aside from the different companies if there was also bad blood between depots as well?

I once was on an (M2) and these two B/Os out of Manhattanville (the (M2) had pulled up beside an (M1)) were talking about an (M3) drive further back that they had passed and one B/O was talking about how so and so couldn't f*cking drive. With that said seeing that stuff that may happen amongst guys from the same depot, I would think there are little things that happen between depots as well, but I could be wrong.

I know the B/Os appear to play all nice and everything, but is there any bad blood amongst depots?

My uncle once told me that he was driving somewhere in the city on a local line and another bus (an express bus I believe) came and blocked him in. He took note of it and the next time he saw the guy he came and blocked him in and sat there for a few lights to send him a message. :eek:

This morning I was on the X2 coming down Madison and there was a BM3 on the right side of us that just totally cut us off and the X2 B/O was hunking at the guy something fierce and they seemed to be jocking back and forth to see who could get in front.

Here in forums someone posted previously about issues between MTA Bus and MTA New York City Transit and I was just wondering if aside from the different companies if there was also bad blood between depots as well?

I once was on an (M2) and these two B/Os out of Manhattanville (the (M2) had pulled up beside an (M1)) were talking about an (M3) drive further back that they had passed and one B/O was talking about how so and so couldn't f*cking drive. With that said seeing that stuff that may happen amongst guys from the same depot, I would think there are little things that happen between depots as well, but I could be wrong.

This is the same bullshit that prevents service changes that can actually benefit the rider cause one depot hates another!!!!! this equals long deadheads for no reason hense why the system isn't coordinated!!!! It's a mess!!!!! This also prevents easy extentions like Q4 to green acres its so sad yet stupid

This is the same bullshit that prevents service changes that can actually benefit the rider cause one depot hates another!!!!! this equals long deadheads for no reason hense why the system isn't coordinated!!!! It's a mess!!!!! This also prevents easy extentions like Q4 to green acres its so sad yet stupid

Dude, I was asking, not saying that that's the case, but it seems to be from what I've seen and heard. I'm not surprised that no one has really replied because I doubt anyone will come out and say so. B)

If its so easy, why can't you do it? I think you need to think before you post or speak....

I was on an N4 from Jamaica Center and near 160th Av (or St), a Q110 took on its last passenger and just stayed at the stop for a bit before finally setting off... the N4 I was on was literally 2 seconds away when the bus operator of the MTAB Orion V thought, "okay, there's no one behind me" and almost rammed us...

They're going to lose their job and even the BC operators treat LIB like crap? God above.

Beef with co-workers. Yes it definitely happens. Too much on this job if you ask me. That's why a lot of the time everybody just has to take a step back and cool off.

One time bus 100 and bus 101 were on route B. Bus 100 is supposed to be in front of bus 101 (100 is 101's leader). Now at the terminal on the B there isn't much room to turn around so all the buses have to arrive at the terminal in the correct order. Now bus 100 was late so bus 101 passed him close to the terminal and stayed in front of him.

101 didn't even wait for 100 to pass him, just stayed in front and got to the terminal first. Now 100 has to leave as soon as he gets to the terminal. But 101 is already there, so 100 has to make the tight turn and go around him to pick up his (100's) people in the street. This would not have happened if the operator of bus 101 had been thinking straight and waited for 100 to pass him. Then there would have been no unsafe condition or beef on the road. Needless to say the operator of 100 was quite pissed at the operator 101. But at least we're all still here.

Names, bus numbers, route numbers, run numbers, locations omitted to protect the innocent (and possibly guilty). Yes, beef happens on the road and it sucks. You have to keep a cool head and move on like it never happened. And you have to take it easy on the road and look before you leap, think before you commit and then you have beef with your co-worker. Take these measures to prevent beef on the road.

Also nobody wants a bus-on-bus accident. Doesn't matter if the two buses are from the same company or not. Nobody wants any accident, but a bus-on-bus makes all of us look bad. Because both persons involved have CDLs and operate large vehicles. Any accident is one thing, but if it's a bus-on-bus it's especially embarrassing. Should never happen at all. Much worse when the two involved work for the same company.

OK LET'S SEE. If I get this right cuz you answered your own question by stating what happened with your Uncle and I'm very sure.you need want love my Input.about you and Bus threads.so you basically gotta. Ask your uncle what goes on and Hence your.answer shall be.

Now I'm sure you know what your Uncle did to block him in again was what we call .....Zero tolerance and your Uncle was wrong just like you for trying to be the Jay Walderr of this forum .

Your uncle could of got into an accident or a fight and you should know that's.not good .

OK LET'S SEE. If I get this right cuz you answered your own question by stating what happened with your Uncle and I'm very sure.you need want love my Input.about you and Bus threads.so you basically gotta. Ask your uncle what goes on and Hence your.answer shall be.

Now I'm sure you know what your Uncle did to block him in again was what we call .....Zero tolerance and your Uncle was wrong just like you for trying to be the Jay Walderr of this forum .

Your uncle could of got into an accident or a fight and you should know that's.not good .

That was his beef so not much I can say on that one, but that's how he handled it and he knew what he was doing but he was pissed at how the guy had blocked him in previously.

Regarding the Jay Walder comment... LOL

i was on the bx1 one day and the driver was going down 231st street when he stopped to pick up some passengers and suddenly this bx7 stops in front of us. and of course we got room to pull out but then this bx20 comes and stops to let off passengers in between the bx7 bus and the bx1 and of course the driver is honking and cursing between his teeth but both buses do not move. we where there for 20 minutes when the bx20 and bx7 buses decided to leave. and of course when they got to kingsbridge road where they turn to go to manhattan the driver totally flipped them off. and when they were turning he also sideswiped the bx20 which was waiting for the bx7 to turn. its a good thing nobody notice the driver flip off the other buses and sideswipe of the bx20. it was pretty funny and exciting.

He knew already ...he just wanted to be Via Jabroni...Bus thread basher

Knowing for certain and having an inkling are two different things. I personally never aksed my uncle if there was a rivalry. He had just mentioned it to me in talking once and I figured it was just an isolated incident since I hadn't seen anything to imply otherwise until recently, so it was a valid question.

There are no problems between depots, because we all for the most part can go to every depot. It's that we like to screw each other. I remember when i first started the job and i was line training on the B20 the driver said we are going to pull out 3 mins late for one trip cause he knew that the B83( I think) was going to pick up there load andthe people at B20 would go also on his bus. once the B83 pick up at broadway juction we just followed that bus the whole trip up Pennsylvania avenue. So it not so much hating other depots it them trying to do as little work as possible and trust me B83 does the same were they will just ride your butt .

There are no problems between depots, because we all for the most part can go to every depot. It's that we like to screw each other. I remember when i first started the job and i was line training on the B20 the driver said we are going to pull out 3 mins late for one trip cause he knew that the B83( I think) was going to pick up there load andthe people at B20 would go also on his bus. once the B83 pick up at broadway juction we just followed that bus the whole trip up Pennsylvania avenue. So it not so much hating other depots it them trying to do as little work as possible and trust me B83 does the same were they will just ride your butt .

yup another reason why we f eachother instead of helping eachother .

I remember doing Rikers and now it has New Stops and I could not understand why the Q69 guys were so in the Wave mood until my return trip

I picked up and once Broadway came vroooooom Q69 flew by lol but I still love Triboro regardless

I know some Castleton drivers tend to look down upon Yukon drivers who can sometimes be snotty, but for the most part I've seen Castleton and Yukon drivers wave at each other. One of my B/O friends who worked out of Castleton calls Yukon Depot "Puke-on" for whatever reason lololololol

I know some Castleton drivers tend to look down upon Yukon drivers who can sometimes be snotty, but for the most part I've seen Castleton and Yukon drivers wave at each other. One of my B/O friends who worked out of Castleton calls Yukon Depot "Puke-on" for whatever reason lololololol

I know this much about Staten Isl. ops .....The Downtown area is a War Zone and make no mistake about it....I know they don't care which is why they must be taught ....I'm A Great Teacher

can't look at depots, like it's one team vs another - like you would in sports....

the blocking in of one bus from (a b/o from) one depot, by another bus from (a b/o from) another depot, is not indicative of some type of tension/rivalry/etc. between depots....

could just be the attitudes of the individual drivers themselves.... that notice/realize how certain drivers on certain lines around the same timeframe that b/o is operating his/her route, drive.... Don't think they don't pay attention to things like that....

Hell, such actions might even be b/w drivers out of the same depot (a good example of this, is along fulton st in brooklyn, especially in the WB direction...)....

in NYC, you're gonna have motor vehicle drivers on all fronts, jockeying for position anyway....

not saying it's right or justified, but it is what it is...

Yeah, there is definitely a different vibe between Yukon & Castleton B/Os... Overall I'd say both depots have their friendly B/Os and snobby B/Os. The X2 guy I get in the morning always says goodbye to everyone when I get off at Madison & 48th and so does the X14 driver out of Castleton. However, it seems that there are more nutcases out of Yukon.

Apparently there's a guy that drives the X5 that drives everyone nuts. He stops at and waits at green lights, drives extremely slow to the point that other X5s pass him by. Some folks have even considered boycotting his bus. LOL

Some years ago before I started taking the express bus (in 2005) when I was taking the (S98) to work, there was a guy like that. He would drive like 10 mph (I kid you not) and people would go crazy because he'd miss the boat. I just stopped taking him and waited for the next one. It's hilarious though thinking back on it.

Yeah, there is definitely a different vibe between Yukon & Castleton B/Os... Overall I'd say both depots have their friendly B/Os and snobby B/Os. The X2 guy I get in the morning always says goodbye to everyone when I get off at Madison & 48th and so does the X14 driver out of Castleton. However, it seems that there are more nutcases out of Yukon.

Apparently there's a guy that drives the X5 that drives everyone nuts. He stops at and waits at green lights, drives extremely slow to the point that other X5s pass him by. Some folks have even considered boycotting his bus. LOL

Some years ago before I started taking the express bus (in 2005) when I was taking the (S98) to work, there was a guy like that. He would drive like 10 mph (I kid you not) and people would go crazy because he'd miss the boat. I just stopped taking him and waited for the next one. It's hilarious though thinking back on it.

Duh thats what MTA teaches all of us to do....Operate Slow and cautious

Now everyone on a bus make sure you know this before you lol Boycot

So your saying you want to driver to drive faster? Then a accident happens, and the driver becomes the bad guy.

Archived