Tension between bus depots?

Via Garibaldi 8

From what I see on union turnpike, the Q46 guys (QV) and the express bus guys (CP) all get along pretty well. They do not cut each other off, and they all respect the proper areas where the different buses are supposed to stop. They dont wave to each other, though, but they seem to respect each other just fine.

As for slow drivers, there was one guy on the QM1 that drove really slowly, was rude to passengers, and would never turn on the environmental controls. Some passengers were talking about calling to complain about him, (I didnt particularly care) and after 2 weeks I never saw him again.

So your saying you want to driver to drive faster? Then a accident happens, and the driver becomes the bad guy.

Agreed, although I do like a faster ride home, I'm not all that comfortable with the way the more agressive drivers drives. I do 'cringe' at how close it seems the bus is to the car in front of it [almost bumper to bumper].

So your saying you want to driver to drive faster? Then a accident happens, and the driver becomes the bad guy.

No-he's just saying he wants him to drive at a regular speed, rather than going 10 MPH.

I remember riding the S44 twice, and the bus driver was running ahead of schedule, so, at every stop, he opened the doors as if there were passengers getting on.

The first time was around 7:00 AM (the times my brother complains that there are too many empty northbound buses going by). I was pissed because the S44 came first, but 2 stops later, an S89 passed us. If the driver had simply left late, I would've seen the S89 come first, taken it, and been at my destination 5 minutes sooner.

The second time was around 7:45AM. I remember missing the S44 in front, but I was able to catch the one a minute behind it. That time, we ended up catching up to the one in front of us, even with all of the waiting, since everybody took the first bus that came.

I notice that the S44 has been more unreliable this year than last year.

You said that... Notice what I did... I started waiting for the next bus since that (S98) would pass him by and make the ferry. He wasn't doing it for spite or anything. He was just an old dude nearing retirement who clearly felt comfortable driving at that speed, even though traffic and other buses were passing him by. I was just amazed by the whole thing. I once stood and watched him because I was standing towards the front. He was so focused going over by Forest and Hart Blvd, meanwhile all of these cars and sh*t are hunking and passing him by. I had never seen anything like it and I had to chuckle to myself, especially on a limited stop bus.

There will be certain B/Os that you just won't mesh with and in those instances I will just wait for the next bus or change my schedule to take an earlier express bus if it is during the week. Some B/Os for example don't like putting the air on the express bus when it is hot out and I am one who hates being hot and likes the air to be on. If I know that then I'll just take one where the guy doesn't have an issue with it. That's the easier thing to do rather than getting into an argument like I've seen with other passengers.

There's this B/O (black guy) on the last X12 of the night that this white guy gets into it with everyday apparently because he mocks the passenger when he asks for the air to be put on. He told me that he takes him in the morning and also sometimes at night. If it were me, I would just take another bus until he moves to another line. Why be arragavated when you're paying $11.00 a day? :confused:

There's this B/O (black guy) on the last X12 of the night that this white guy gets into it with everyday apparently because he mocks the passenger when he asks for the air to be put on. He told me that he takes him in the morning and also sometimes at night. If it were me, I would just take another bus until he moves to another line. Why be arragavated when you're paying $11.00 a day? :confused:

If that black guy on the X12 has the same bus every day, maybe the air doesn't work on that particular MCI? I heard there's a MCI in UP that's like this, its really raggedy but drivers like it due to the fact that the bus is not capped. Eh, Kanye shrug.

If that black guy on the X12 has the same bus every day, maybe the air doesn't work on that particular MCI? I heard there's a MCI in UP that's like this, its really raggedy but drivers like it due to the fact that the bus is not capped. Eh, Kanye shrug.

I've used him a few times when I'm the office late and he doesn't get the same MCI. I do know a guy (B/O) that liked to get the same bus on the X30 though, but he always had the air on. :cool: That bus moved nicely so maybe that was why...

This B/O just likes being an @sshole. Passengers speak to him and he just totally ignores them and he mocks the other guy who asks for the air to be put on.

I've used him a few times when I'm the office late and he doesn't get the same MCI. I do know a guy (B/O) that liked to get the same bus on the X30 though, but he always had the air on. :cool: That bus moved nicely so maybe that was why...

This B/O just likes being an @sshole. Passengers speak to him and he just totally ignores them and he mocks the other guy who asks for the air to be put on.

I have had worse experiences with LaGuardia operators the LaGuardia operators drive slow and feel that asking for transfer is like asking for something important and one of them honked the horn at my girlfriend and asked for her number on QM12 run 1210 and I say we in relationship and he says kiss my irish ass

I have had worse experiences with LaGuardia operators the LaGuardia operators drive slow and feel that asking for transfer is like asking for something important and one of them honked the horn at my girlfriend and asked for her number on QM12 run 1210 and I say we in relationship and he says kiss my irish ass

I was boarding an (M2) the other day after coming from Whole Foods and this black chick is getting off and flirting with the B/O who was also black. This stupid black guy who wasn't even getting on the bus goes walks over to the bus to make a point of being a wise @ss and goes "Hey I saw that. I think she was flirting with me, not you." I looked at the B/O and he just sort of looked at the guy like yeah whatever, but he didn't look like he cared for the guy's smart @ss remark. If it were me I would've told the guy to go f*ck off, but he did a great job of refraining himself. Probably was confident that he could pick up more chicks than this guy ever could. lol

I know this much about Staten Isl. ops .....The Downtown area is a War Zone and make no mistake about it....I know they don't care which is why they must be taught ....I'm A Great Teacher

That is a fact. Especially against the now six top contenders of the downtown area, Meredith, Charleston, Castleton, Yukon, Ulmer Park & Spring Creek. College Point, LaGuardia & Yonkers are like "we'll just sit back and watch you guys let the madness unfold" LOL. Lets not forget MARTZ and Trans-Bridge Bus (Trans-who? LOL). Before the cuts, Castleton Depot ruled the downtown area, you had so many Castleton Routes cutting through that it was overwhelming, especially those who handled the x16 and x20, holy shit were those guys competitive! It was one of the main reasons why I loved to visit Downtown and fan there every now and then. It just totally sucks now without the x13, 16, 18 and 20 along with the OG QM1/A and QM24....

A lil bit of competitive action seen here, these drivers were seriously jocking for position.

Is that new painted scheme on X16?

That bus was like that for a few years apparently from rust or something. I doubt Castleton has this one anymore. Last I heard it was sent to be scrapped. I hated riding that bus. I felt like I was on a knock off express bus with those cheap no frills weird seats and the painted outside. :mad: :tdown:

I believe there is one more express bus with those no frills looking reclining seats with the weird "lever" or whatever those things are to recline and luckily I haven't rode that one in a while.

That bus was like that for a few years apparently from rust or something. I doubt Castleton has this one anymore. Last I heard it was sent to be scrapped. I hated riding that bus. I felt like I was on a knock off express bus with those cheap no frills weird seats and the painted outside. :mad: :tdown:

I believe there is one more express bus with those no frills looking recling seats with the weird "lever" or whatever those things are to recline and luckily I haven't rode that one in a while.

Last I was told but I didnt know if it was true, it was the bus to try out the new MCI look that is featured on our CTs.

Last I was told but I didnt know if it was true, it was the bus to try out the new MCI look that is featured on our CTs.

I hope not. Those chairs are so weird to sit in. It arches your back in a very strange way and reclining is a real effort to say the least. The best chairs they've made are the ones on the 3000s and 2200s. They recline enough so that you can relax, but you're not in the lap of the person behind you.

I was boarding an (M2) the other day after coming from Whole Foods and this black chick is getting off and flirting with the B/O who was also black. This stupid black guy who wasn't even getting on the bus goes walks over to the bus to make a point of being a wise @ss and goes "Hey I saw that. I think she was flirting with me, not you." I looked at the B/O and he just sort of looked at the guy like yeah whatever, but he didn't look like he cared for the guy's smart @ss remark. If it were me I would've told the guy to go f*ck off, but he did a great job of refraining himself. Probably was confident that he could pick up more chicks than this guy ever could. lol[/QUOT

Not for any particular reason but why so many references to the race of the people involved in this story?

I remember one time when I was on Q32 and I only had dispersal camera.

I was on Q32 Orion V on front seat and ahead Q32 Hybrid was suppose to be behind him and he didn't pickup any passenger because of other bus behind him.

This was before service cut.

The Bus driver should've told the white guy sit your ass down and enjoy the ride.

I heard that back in the day when the B40 was running, ENY guys would put Not In Service up on the destination sign and fly down Bway. The (B46)(FLA) would pick up pax along Bway.

The (B4) was also very flaky and then they wonder why folks weren't using it. Bus would run every 15 minutes "supposedly" but you could wait there for 45 minutes for a bus.

Archived