Does it pay to run the 5 train this weekend?

Abba

(5)Trains run approximately every 20 minutes between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Bowling Green

Weekend, 6 AM to 11:30 PM Saturday, Mar 26

8 AM to 11:30 PM Sunday, Mar 27

During this time (5) trains run local between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge.

I don't know.With it running local and that shuttle bus between Dyre and 149th Grand concourse, i would say maybe just increase the (4) or (6) a little.

As a traveler to the Bronx on the weekends on the #2 and #5 lines from Bowling Green to the Bronx, yes it pays.

Why? Simple it is the crowds of folks at the 149th Street-Grand Concourse stations that have to stuff themselves on the #2 train, when there are G.O.'s on the #5 train in the Bronx bound direction, and the crowds that board the #4 in the Manhattan bound direction getting off the #2 train.

There has been a mis-guided effort to somehow declare the #5 line to be a "supplemental" line - as in "not needed" in recent years. That is wrong.

Mike

As a traveler to the Bronx on the weekends on the #2 and #5 lines from Bowling Green to the Bronx, yes it pays.

Why? Simple it is the crowds of folks at the 149th Street-Grand Concourse stations that have to stuff themselves on the #2 train, when there are G.O.'s on the #5 train in the Bronx bound direction, and the crowds that board the #4 in the Manhattan bound direction getting off the #2 train.

There has been a mis-guided effort to somehow declare the #5 line to be a "supplemental" line - as in "not needed" in recent years. That is wrong.

Mike

As usual Mike making some excellent points on the subway which in this case was the (5) line GO.

Not to get off topic but the (5)should not be treated like a supplemental line. Matter of fact I always felt that overnight service should run to either 149th-Concourse or even 42nd/Grand Central.

Archived