Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
4P3607

New countdown clocks on QBL!!

QBL Exclusive!!! QBL is now getting countdown clocks! caught them at Roosevelt Avenue & Northern blvd.

For now, heres a pic of one at Northern blvd on the Manhattan bound side:

countdownclock.png

Im currently uploading dem vids... B)

Ah, that reminds me, they also have recorded announcements at Roosevelt as well that say pretty much the same thing as that sign does.

It's not a countdown clock. It's just an annoying lady who tells you how far away a train is.

Good try though. :tup:

Edited by CKhaleel

Its a good try for the BMT lines, its sad its not like the IRT ones

They can't specifically identify the train without ATS. Hence why these (and the ones in the Brooklyn BMT) only display local/express.

I heard them taking the (7) from 74-Broadway/Roosevelt yesterday. Surprised me to no end.

Ohh... Well I called them countdown clocks because there like the same ones on CPW, and they call the ones on CPW "countdown clocks".

Having a bit of trouble with youtube, every video that I tried to upload except the first one failed :P.

EDIT: here's one for ya:

They really need to reword the announcements. All this "step away from the line" junk is useless. The IRT ones don't have it.

"The next Manhattan-bound train is arriving"

"The next Manhattan-bound train is x stops away"

Leave off the minutes, it's not always accurate. Also, at an express station, what "station" do they refer to? I was at Pacific St when the announcement said that a Manhattan-bound express is one station away. Is it at 36th or Union St?

Edited by Amtrak7

They can't specifically identify the train without ATS. Hence why these (and the ones in the Brooklyn BMT) only display local/express.
i know that i am one of the only people that followed the roll out of the clocks on the IRT lines ive done a lot of videos on them over the past 3 years now.

Guest lance25

I guess they couldn't get Bernie to do these announcements.

Also, at an express station, what "station" do they refer to? I was at Pacific St when the announcement said that a Manhattan-bound express is one station away. Is it at 36th or Union St?

At Roosevelt they specified that the express train was one station away "at Elmhurst Avenue", which is the local stop before Roosevelt. Don't know what they're doing at Pacific, however.

I guess they couldn't get Bernie to do these announcements.

I don't know exactly how the announcements are set up, but I can tell you I believe I recorded messages that include every station not only on the IRT, but also for the IND and BMT. I don't know if there are any technical, policy or legal issues that would prevent my recordings (or for that matter, Carolyn's announcements) being used on each other systems.