The (L) To Jamaica

3rd Avenue El

now i have been wondering about this for a while and i wanted to know what would would be the delays and problems caused if the (L) went to jamaica terminal along the (E). would this be possible considering that the (E) uses R16O's and the (L) uses R143's? what effects would this reroute have on both the (J)&(Z) and what delays would it cause on the (E) how would the (L) even get to the (E) line well that is in the maps below. i have modified some track maps found on nycsubway.org i would like to give him my thanks because with out his maps i would not be able to do this demonstration. below are the connections and tracks the (L) would use to get to jamaica terminal. and how the train would get back to canarsie. the reroute of the (L) is already shown by the red tracks. blue arrows mean the track train going to canarsie and green arrows mean the tracks it would use to get to jamaica queens. this is fictional and will never happen its just a question that has not been asked or answered. again this is only for the purpose of the delays and problems that would occur and what reroutes and probably cancellations that would occur.

the (L) uses track connections at east new york to get on the (J)

modifiedcanarsieline.png

the (L) uses the chrystie street connections to get on the (M)

modifiedcanarsielinea.png

the (L) uses the (M) track at 50th street to get onto the (E)

modifiedcanarsielineb.png

the (L) travels on unused tracks to get to the (E) track and and go to jamaica terminal

modifiedcanarsielinec.png

the jamaica terminal area is not shown because its pretty obvious what tracks it would use to get in and out.

Dummy. If this happens what would happen to the rest of the Canarsie Line. Are you going to close it. Not just that you didn't take in consideration of the crowding on other tracks for the other lines. The Sixth Avenue Line would be severely overloaded by the the 5 services that would jam the line. Instead of improvements like creating express service on the Canarsie Line you are advocating for a closing of a subway line leaving people with less access to a subway line?.

Guest lance25

Delays? Astronomical. Let's say this was to happen during rush hour.

1. Bringing the (L) onto the Jamaica (Nassau St according to the service guide) line, would delay the (J), (M) and (Z) trains.
  2. Sixth Avenue cannot handle any more lines running on it.
  3. Queens Boulevard as well.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The (L) is already a problem on its own. Adding that trunk line to another trunk line that barely has any space would result in a massive fail, not to mention a huge public backlash

Kind of rude to call 3rd Ave El a 'dummy.' With that said, not a good idea to re-route and send the (L) down the Jamaica Ave line to Parsons/Archer for the reasons already given.

Dummy. If this happens what would happen to the rest of the Canarsie Line. Are you going to close it. Not just that you didn't take in consideration of the crowding on other tracks for the other lines. The Sixth Avenue Line would be severely overloaded by the the 5 services that would jam the line. Instead of improvements like creating express service on the Canarsie Line you are advocating for a closing of a subway line leaving people with less access to a subway line?.

Kind of rude to call 3rd Ave El a 'dummy.'

He thanked the post; must have some ring of truth to it....

If the shoe fits.....

-----

....yet more unrealistic, fanatical, fantasy minded triggered bullshit

Just what the system needs.... the killing off of subway service along a whole corridor in Manhattan (case you don't see it, that's 14th st... forgot about that too in your master plan huh), for another subway line to Jamaica...

....because brooklynites (namely, Canarsie-ans) have so much time to kill in regards to their commutes, that taking the nassau st line from Broadway Junction to Jamaica Ctr...

isn't cutting it anymore in 2011.....

*smfh*

Trains switching onto entire lines/corridors, and you're concerned if any delays & problems would occur ????

Look, spit the foam out & put the thinking cap on...

Stand under as many light bulbs as you need to, for you to "get it".

Why would the (F) need layup tracks? The (F) would just turn back from the middle tracks the way the (V) did. Or if the problem was around the river tunnel, the (F) could just be diverted via the (A) to Jay St and switch back to its own line. Or it could run via the (G) to Bergen and then normal to CI.

It'd have to be a major problem if the (F) had to resort to turning back at 2nd Av.

Why even use those tracks?. You are just foaming over something that won't do the system any good as it would overload already crowded, and utilized routes. Why don't you come up with something useful like some way to have express service on the current Canarsie Line then come up with this crap?.

@roadcruiser1 and anyone who suggested doing something better i have figured out a way to make express service on the canarsie line in both directions at both rush hours.

the concept will be possible to make using 3 ABANDONED LIRR TRACKS that run along side the canarsie line from new lots avenue. the express service would use 3 tracks riding an abandoned LIRR branch all the way to fresh pond junction where the tracks going to fresh pond splitoff from the express canarsie tracks at livonia avenue. the (L) would use 3 express tracks until it can no longer remain grade level and will rise up as flying express tracks like the <7> at junction blvd. the (L) would continue on these 3 flying express tracks all the way to broadway junction then would lower down until it reached tunnel level at wilson street

the green arrows show the connection to the (L) express tracks allowing for 2 way operation during rush hours

canarsieexpressservice.png

the red dot shows the position of the yard access tracks. the blue dot shows the location of broadway junction. the green shape is east new york yard and the giant black shape in the corner shows the position of the grave yard next to the (L).

canarsieexpressservice1.png

if anyone has questions on how this canarsie express service would work just post it in the thread

Intresting idea however the LIRR Bay Ridge Branch still carries freight, and thus is a railroad. You can't have a subway line share the same ROW as a railroad line. How about rebuilding the entire Canarsie Line between Graham Avenue, and Dekalb Avenue into a straight line, and increase the tracks to four. That is my idea so don't steal it.

Intresting idea however the LIRR Bay Ridge Branch still carries freight, and thus is a railroad. You can't have a subway line share the same ROW as a railroad line. How about rebuilding the entire Canarsie Line between Graham Avenue, and Dekalb Avenue into a straight line, and increase the tracks to four. That is my idea so don't steal it.

why would i steal it? hahahahahahaha but thanks for telling me about the railroad thing now i can re think my idea.

@roadcruiser1 and anyone who suggested doing something better i have figured out a way to make express service on the canarsie line in both directions at both rush hours.

the concept will be possible to make using 3 ABANDONED LIRR TRACKS that run along side the canarsie line from new lots avenue. the express service would use 3 tracks riding an abandoned LIRR branch all the way to fresh pond junction where the tracks going to fresh pond splitoff from the express canarsie tracks at livonia avenue. the (L) would use 3 express tracks until it can no longer remain grade level and will rise up as flying express tracks like the <7> at junction blvd. the (L) would continue on these 3 flying express tracks all the way to broadway junction then would lower down until it reached tunnel level at wilson street

the green arrows show the connection to the (L) express tracks allowing for 2 way operation during rush hours

(L).

if anyone has questions on how this canarsie express service would work just post it in the thread

What the motherf#cking sh!t is that......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9xzhrPA6veI/SkkkH6Iz0YI/AAAAAAAAB-s/7QvZ42l2jq0/s400/double-facepalm.jpgg' alt='double-facepalm.jpgg'>

no no and just no that is not gonna happen

what the ****!!!???? who said it was going to be built. if you read closely its all fictional its just a what if. read the entire thread before you post something. nobody said it would happen or would be considered. and if your talking about the (L) going to jamaica the point has been made it will not happen. if your talking about the post of the (L) express it is possible. with the right amount of money and supporters it could be done.

facedesk.jpg

You just need to go outside play or hangout with friends and do something productive, instead of sitting here and thinking up some shyt service idea.

1.It wont work no matter how hard you try.

2.Its pointless and stupid.

3.Dreaming about a (L) to Jamaica is just un-healthy.

Archived