Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

VacTrak ( Vacuim train) 2 days before it cought on fire

R32 3838

acTrak ( Vacuim train) 2 days before it cought on fire, Note: I was the last to grab a video of it before it went up in flames 2 days later in the cranberry tubes:

:tup::tup::tup: video, but why did it go up in flames?

did it also delay (4)<5> Service? :eek:

It did go up in flames and no it didn't do anything to the (4) and (5)

It did go up in flames and no it didn't do anything to the (4) and (5)

sry I meant (A)(C). I keep getting mixed up :D:confused:

But still why did it go up in flames?:confused:

Yeah the VakTrak literally does suck ass...it has to operate at a slow speed in order to work right.

I wonder if the MTA will order something else like it now....

Yeah the VakTrak literally does suck ass...it has to operate at a slow speed in order to work right.

The (MTA) has 2 VakTraks,they don't need anymore.

whats the real reason? I hate it when people give me nonsense answers :mad:

That is the REAL reason! It doesn't work half the time..

There was a fuel leak in one of the end cars which caught fire. The crew was able to get, but they did have to go to the hospital due to smoke inhalation. Since the fire, the train has been sitting in CIYD with it's guts all over the shop floor.

The TA should learn a thing or two from SIRTOA. Just send MoW workers to pick up the trash from the track bed.

The TA should learn a thing or two from SIRTOA. Just send MoW workers to pick up the trash from the track bed.

I'd rather have a train pick up the trash then have MOW workers pick up trash.sending workers to pick up the garbage might work on SIRT,but on NYCT,a train is a must have.

SIRTOA is a small time operation, transit has been using track workers to clean the roadbed for years already. Do you know what the main job of the vac trak is?

Archived