Service Alert Larry

Abba

Current Service Status / Subways-L

Posted: 03/26/2011 9:26PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a police investigation at the Halsey Street Station, there is no(L) train service between the Bedford Avenue Station and the Atlantic Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on (L) trains at this time.

I heard on my scanner that this required an evacuation somewhere.

Evacuation + Police Investigation? Sounds serious...a 12-8 maybe?

If service was cancelled from Bedford to Atlantic, it's pretty damn serious.

Originally it was only from Myrtle now it's from Bedford.They can't even terminate at the Junction Manhattan Bound because power is off there.Twitter says that someone was struck by a train.

Armed Passenger. It's the only thing i could think of that could result in an evacuation, a bomb threat maybe?....

Yeah, probably an armed passenger. That's much more likely in Brooklyn, and I really doubt there'd be a bomb threat at a station in the middle of nowhere. Bombing the (L) line would have little to no effect on the operation of other subway lines.

Yeah, probably an armed passenger. That's much more likely in Brooklyn, and I really doubt there'd be a bomb threat at a station in the middle of nowhere. Bombing the (L) line would have little to no effect on the operation of other subway lines.

It could also be a 12-2 (fire) or a 12-6 (derailment).

I'm putting money on a 12-9.

I'm putting money on a 12-9.

Wow... I've lost count on how many 12-9's there have been recently.

But I would be scared s***less if I was in a 12-8! :eek:

And how could there be no service all the way to Atlantic Avenue? were they terminating Shuttle buses @ Atlantic rather than Bway Junk?

& Also were they running a shuttle between 8 Avenue & Bedford Avenue (Single track)?

Wow... I've lost count on how many 12-9's there have been recently.

But I would be scared s***less if I was in a 12-8! :eek:

And how could there be no service all the way to Atlantic Avenue? were they terminating Shuttle buses @ Atlantic rather than Bway Junk?

& Also were they running a shuttle between 8 Avenue & Bedford Avenue (Single track)?

Probably Since Halsey is near Myrtle they had to shut the power near there.So Bedford was the only other option.Probobaly there are running a shutte From Bedford-8th ave.Single Track? Not sure.

Probably Since Halsey is near Myrtle they had to shut the power near there.So Bedford was the only other option.Probobaly there are running a shutte From Bedford-8th ave.Single Track? Not sure.

I was asking what they did with the shuttle buses, not Myrtle Avenue...

Jesus no man! Not the sixth millionth 12-9 in two years!

On a side note, I get pissed off when people give subway lines full names...:D

According to the website service resumed.But on the radio the Atlantic-Canarsie shuttle is ongoing.

Edit: Just announced that service is regular.

Jesus no man! Not the sixth millionth 12-9 in two years!

On a side note, I get pissed off when people give subway lines full names...:P

And the second one at the same station in the same year

...I think that's a first :eek:

I'm sorry, but what is standard procedure for a 12-9?

I ask because out of all the 12-9 threads i have never seen, there was never talk about evacuation on to the roadbed or cutting off power to the area. Nor was service cut from almost the entire borough in which the line runs...There has to be more to this than just a 12-9

I'm sorry, but what is standard procedure for a 12-9?

I ask because out of all the 12-9 threads i have never seen, there was never talk about evacuation on to the roadbed or cutting off power to the area. Nor was service cut from almost the entire borough in which the line runs...There has to be more to this than just a 12-9

The reason why service was cut so much this time is cuz of few switchpoints and the lack of alternative routes

Plus, I think there was a G.O there and service was just adjusting back to normal

its easier to tell at a glance about the subway routes when theres the letter not some random name that starts with the letter

I don't know.I thought Larry would be easier than L train since it's 1 word .If i should not be doing that, I will stop.

Don't T/Os give nicknames to lines? For example, "1402 Delta" would stand for the (D) ?

From seeing Pelham 123, they name a train after it's time it left the terminal. Hence a (6) leaving Pelham Bay Park at 1:23pm.

(I could be heavily wrong though)

And the reason why it cause the mess...

Distraught lover dies jumping in front of L train after girlfriend refuses to take him back

A man jumped in front of a train in Brooklyn Saturday, killing himself after his ex-girlfriend refused to take him back, sources said.

The man, who was not immediately identified, leaped in front of an oncoming L train inside the tunnel near the Halsey St. station in Bushwick shortly after 8 p.m., authorities said.

He died at the scene.

Sources said the man assaulted his ex-girlfriend inside her apartment after she rejected his pleas to take him back.

She was not injured.

After he left, the man went to the subway station and dropped to the tracks from the platform.

He walked down the tunnel before he jumped in front of the oncoming train.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/27/2011-03-27_dumped_beau_dies_on_l_tracks.html#ixzz1HoWcjuPp

That guy can not take the rejection and jump himself....would be better if he jump other places then the incoming subway train.

Archived