A tree may grow in Brooklyn; But a garden railroad grows in Queens

Well, with college behind me, I've decided that with the extra free time that not having to study or do homework, even when I do get a job, I've decided that it's time to break out my G scale sets and do something perminate in the back yard.

I will be working out the plans over the next two weeks and should be getting to the start of the construction phase sometime in early to mid may, depending on when it gets warm.

That's good, I like garden model Railroads, When I start saving up, Im planning to make my backyard layout because I got G scale trains that are nothing but plastic and battery operated but its remote control, I gotta fix some of the cars and the caboose is missing a wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

No offence but your design is on the dull side perhaps you should make a modified dog bone type or something similar, perhaps like this

34867239.png

Also you could add more sidings here and there so you could do some form of realistic operations instead of around and around etc.

You could make a little river using a sliced painted piece of PVC pipe, with the tunnel under it and the bridge over it. Problem would be pumping water.

Garden railroads can be interesting, have fun plowing snow!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived