My Store Caught On Fire Today!

EE Broadway Local

Seriously. At about 10am, we noticed smoke and thought the exhaust fan had somehow turned off.

But a fire had started in the ceiling above the broiler. Rural Metro, Southwest Ambulance and MCSO arrived. Anacita suffered a tiny bit of anxity and J a tiny bit of smoke inhalalation, but everyone got out safely. The firefighters had what appeared to be a halligan tool. Fortunately, the broiler suppression system activated. We were allowed back inside at approximately 1pm to begin cleaning up. What a mess the suppression system made over the broiler and the boards! There also was a small pile of wet sheetrock, but it saved my store. With luck, we might be able to reopen at 6pm or 6:30pm.

Lucky break Paul.:tup:

Seriously. At about 10am, we noticed smoke and thought the exhaust fan had somehow turned off.

But a fire had started in the ceiling above the broiler. Rural Metro, Southwest Ambulance and MCSO arrived. Anacita suffered a tiny bit of anxity and J a tiny bit of smoke inhalalation, but everyone got out safely. The firefighters had what appeared to be a halligan tool. Fortunately, the broiler suppression system activated. We were allowed back inside at approximately 1pm to begin cleaning up. What a mess the suppression system made over the broiler and the boards! There also was a small pile of wet sheetrock, but it saved my store. With luck, we might be able to reopen at 6pm or 6:30pm.

Since we use natural gas as well as electricity and water, Southwest Gas had to inspect both the broiler and the fryers. Electricity was restored before we were allowed back in and water was restored shortly after. I think since it was a business fire, was why Sherrif responded.

Archived