Distraught lover dies jumping in front of L train after girlfriend refuses to take him back

Harry

A man jumped in front of a train in Brooklyn Saturday, killing himself after his ex-girlfriend refused to take him back, sources said.

The man, who was not immediately identified, leaped in front of an oncoming L train inside the tunnel near the Halsey St. station in Bushwick shortly after 8 p.m., authorities said.

He died at the scene.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/27/2011-03-27_dumped_beau_dies_on_l_tracks.html#ixzz1Htzl7r00

post-1-133288582587_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288582587_thumb.jpg

While I sympathize with the man, as this is a tragic event, this whole 12-9 scene is becoming all too common. Perhaps we need to be doing more as a society to prevent these sorts of tragedies from happening to begin with. Our economic resources are thin and I think that this only helps to catapult things into action, but sometimes all one needs is some advice, which doesn't cost anything.

I knew a girl in high school who was part of my click of friends and she was considering suicide. After I sat down and chatted with her she felt a lot better. Today I still keep in touch with her and she's doing well and has a little one. Hopefully we can avoid the dumb remarks about how it is this guy's fault etc. etc.

it seems like common sense is going extinct in new york. if we need to put up doors to keep people off of 100 year old tracks, we are in bad shape. i say good for him. one less moron that wont be able to breed more common senseless morons.

Sucks for the guy, but he didn't have to take himself out like that. I'd never take my life for some broad if feelings weren't mutual, there are a whole bunch of other women out there.

Thoughts to the crew of course.

Sucks for the guy, but he didn't have to take himself out like that. I'd never take my life for some broad if feelings weren't mutual, there are a whole bunch of other women out there.

It does suck, but when a female comes up to you out of the blue and says its over it can be overwhelming.

When me and my ex gf of two years broke up, she came up to me one day and said "i dont feel the same way anymore. Two days later it was over! When it happens and you dont expect it, all kind of thoughts are running through your mind and your left in a state of shock. The feeling of alone after being with someone for two years its just unexplainable. It was hard. I remember the next day I had to work and i'll never forget that deadhead. I just broke down in tears and I had to pull over to and step out. The feeling of alone after two years hit me harder then ever. The 1st couple days after It happened I was ok cause we were still talking, but as the days went the calls and texts became less and less and it started to hit me even harder. I tell you almost every deadhead I had, I cried.

You just have to go into a relationship expecting that one day she will come up to you and say its over and you have to be prepared to deal with those feelings and stay bound.

It does suck, but when a female comes up to you out of the blue and says its over it can be overwhelming.

When me and my ex gf of two years broke up, she came up to me one day and said "i dont feel the same way anymore. Two days later it was over! When it happens and you dont expect it, all kind of thoughts are running through your mind and your left in a state of shock. The feeling of alone after being with someone for two years its just unexplainable. It was hard. I remember the next day I had to work and i'll never forget that deadhead. I just broke down in tears and I had to pull over to and step out. The feeling of alone after two years hit me harder then ever. The 1st couple days after It happened I was ok cause we were still talking, but as the days went the calls and texts became less and less and it started to hit me even harder. I tell you almost every deadhead I had, I cried.

You just have to go into a relationship expecting that one day she will come up to you and say its over and you have to be prepared to deal with those feelings and stay bound.

I've never been in an "official" relationship since I'm still at that age where I don't like being officially committed, but yeah you start going out and enjoying each others' company and such and develop feelings for that person. It also happened suddenly with me too and I was pissed about it. What made things worse was that we worked in the same place so sometimes in between classes we'd see each other... Awkward.... :(

Anyway I said my piece in a text and I was done with it because I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. I still take every encounter the same, which is to enjoy it while it lasts, which maybe months or years and when it's done it's done. Hell I'm still young and get plenty of looks. :cool:

I have been talking to a few chicks and for now we are just good friends. We enjoy each other's company and just let things be as they may.

To me it seems this guy was a few marbles short of a set, I mean really over one girl, theres other fish in the sea, smh

My thoughts are to the people who saw it happen.

thank you no need to kill himself just find another girl and not cause delays and 12-9's on the (L) train. the articles says he walked down the tunnel then jumped in front of an oncoming train. how did he walk the tunnel then jump in front of the train? how is that possible? the only way to walk down the tunnel is on the tracks and the driver would see you walking on the tracks. :confused::confused:

I think that he jumped in front of a train because he wanted to create the most damage he could because of all the anger that built up inside of him.

I feel sorry for the motorman and conductor, and especially the passengers who were in the train and who were affected by no (L) service. I'm surprised none of you said anything about the passengers and only said you feel extremely sorry for the crew.

the crew is the most important after what happens. can you imagine how the t/o and c/o are going to feel if they get back behind the lever? there are maybe traumatized after what happened and might not be able to work again. can you imagine if it was one of ya'll who was the t/o when this happened. you would be horrified that you never thought this would happen. but there you were driving a train when out of nowhere some person jumps on the tracks. then you have to check where the mangled body is located if its in the trucks if it got thrown to the other tracks or if theres anything left. its a horrible experience

Jumping in front of trains is the new black.

Jumping in front of a train is usually a quick death. Jumping off a bridge has the chance of surviving the impact and you will suffer until you die by drowning. Shooting yourself you're thinking about it. Jumping in front a train is quick and fast. But still is no reason to off yourself.

Now in the end she will forget about him just like she wanted to from the rip, and he overtime will be forgotten.

Also, there's no telling what she could have done also. Females are the most mind controlling people on this planet. A girls mind is filled with millions of thoughts and we dont know what really happen. She may only say what she wants everyone to hear.

Committing suicide does not but cause more problems. You leave a bunch of people hurting and speculating and you cant defend yourself.

This story reminds me of the Bruno Mars song "Grenade". It does mention in the song "I'll jump in a front of a Train for Ya!"... Ironically, I didn't hear the song on the radio today (Prior to this, I hear the song, several times a day on the FMs...) I wonder if this story has anything to do with it?

I'm not complaining, as the song is very cheesy and sightly disturbing, I'm a dude, but if I was a woman and a dude came up to me like BM like the way he does in "Just the way you are" and "Grenade" I'd be scared shitless.

With that being said, my thoughts to the jumper, the jumper's family and the T/O.

This story reminds me of the Bruno Mars song "Grenade". It does mention in the song "I'll jump in a front of a Train for Ya!"... Ironically, I didn't hear the song on the radio today (Prior to this, I hear the song, several times a day on the FMs...) I wonder if this story has anything to do with it?

I'm not complaining, as the song is very cheesy and sightly disturbing, I'm a dude, but if I was a woman and a dude came up to me like BM like the way he does in "Just the way you are" and "Grenade" I'd be scared shitless.

With that being said, my thoughts to the jumper, the jumper's family and the T/O.

I'm not too fond of that song by him...

Archived