Save Baby Seals- Boycott Canadian Seafood

FamousNYLover

On Friday night, when I went to meet my friend, I got off (F) at 47th-50th Sts and when I walk up 6th Av from 50 to 51st St, there was group of protesters on one side to save Baby Seal.

They even show stuff baby seal in blood.

It was so horrible, so I made $1 donation because I care about animals.

Killing baby animals upset me.

http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/seals/protect_seals_campaign_pledge.pdf

I also didn't know seal can be seafood.

I don't support the hunting of baby seals, and my view of it is it's as bad as whale hunting. Also doing this is just killing innocent animals who have never done anything wrong to us. I don't really support meat industries either, because of the way we slaughter animals without mercy. Also you don't know what sort of junk they put in there (The Jungle). Thus it's the reason I am trying to be a vegetarian.

I don't support the hunting of baby seals, and my view of it is it's as bad as whale hunting. Also doing this is just killing innocent animals who have never done anything wrong to us. I don't really support meat industries either, because of the way we slaughter animals without mercy. Also you don't know what sort of junk they put in there (The Jungle). Thus it's the reason I am trying to be a vegetarian.

Not to get off topic. Personally I mainly eat poultry products i.e chicken, turkey and fish myself.

So for roadcruiser what you do for protein? Remember despite the isssues of getting meat, vegetarian products are very diffcult to replace the proteins in meat products.

I replaced it with soybeans which has more protein than pork itself. 35 grams of protein for every 100 grams of soybeans. Pork only has 25 grams of protein for every 100 grams of meat. That is just one example. Some other vegetables together along with soy could provide the same nutrients to replace a meaty meal, and provide better nutrients then the fattening contents of pork and lard for example, and it saves the lives of animals every time.

I replaced it with soybeans which has more protein than pork itself. 35 grams of protein for every 100 grams of soybeans. Pork only has 25 grams of protein for every 100 grams of meat. That is just one example. Some other vegetables together along with soy could provide the same nutrients to replace a meaty meal, and provide better nutrients then the fattening contents of pork and lard for example, and it saves the lives of animals every time.

Hey more power to you. I brought it up because a few people I knew at work that tried to go 100% meatless complained about the lack of protein in their diets. Thus they eat only Chicken and Fish for their meat meals.

Again I may eat a hamburger once in while but I am not a red meat or pork fan myself. This summer I try to eat only Turkey or Veggie Burgers at Family BBQ's. I am an old man lol so old habits are hard as I love Chicken/Turkey and Fish.

Admit I used to love pork bacon as a child. Now I hate it and only eat Turkey or "Meatless" Bacon so I am trying to adjust.

Still back to topic. The killing of seals is awful. I could never ever eat higher forms of sealife such as dolphins and frogs.:o

Here are some pictures that make me sick to my stomach. Dead seals, and who is responsible for this humans. Humans sometimes make me sick. How is this humane?. The fourth picture, and the last is the saddest to me with the mom, or dad returning to see only death.

seal-hunt-3.jpg

seal-hunt-2.jpg

fieldofsorrowlarge.jpg

seal_hunt_04.jpg

Too bad we don't raise a ruckus when this is happening to Humans. Genocide doesn't matter yet killing a few seals does?

Not for nothing but Id rather see a human killed instead of a animal. Humans are the cause for the worlds misery not animals.

If you're killing animals for fun (not deer or any overpopulated species), then that is certainly wrong. However, if you're not doing it for sport, but consuming or using its fur or anything of the sort, then its fair game, except if its endangered. If seals are part of a diet for any group of people, then what's the difference between them murdering seals and us killing chickens?

Not for nothing but Id rather see a human killed instead of a animal. Humans are the cause for the worlds misery not animals.

Ok. I'll just shoot you next time when you eat a chicken. It was your fault, specifically, for that chicken's pain and suffering.

:o

You can't be serious.

You people are not seeing the big picture, most of these seals are NOT being killed for food, they are being killed and left to rot for "population control"

big difference between killing for survival and food, and killing just to kill.

You people are not seeing the big picture, most of these seals are NOT being killed for food, they are being killed and left to rot for "population control"

big difference between killing for survival and food, and killing just to kill.

I love proof, don't you?

most people who become vegetarian/vegan for animal liberation purposes do so because they don't want to support the barbaric and inhumane methods used by the industry. it has nothing to do with believing that nature should be rainbows and butterflies and furry animals living harmoniously together in the wilderness. we have the ability to reason. animals do not. they deserve the protection.

Listen the only reason why I am trying to give up meat is the horrible practices in butchering the animal. We don't take consideration of the animal, and we just kill it. Sometimes people just kill them for the fur, and leave the animal behind. It is just a sad thing to see. If you kill the animal use all of it. That is what Native Americans believed too. If you kill an animal for use you have to use the entire animal, and they believed in killing them humanely too. Then people came up with horrible ways to kill animals, and just leave animals they kill behind only taking what they want. That is why it isn't right.

Archived